1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, samaab87 said:

Hi everyone

A bit late to the party.

Scan date : April 6th.

Just filled the questionnaire. 

Welcome. We got a scan date just a day before you. Hope this time passes quick - we're almost there!

21 minutes ago, roodmail1 said:

How exactly did you fill out the expedite request. Can you tell me which form did you fill out ? 

You can send an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov with your reasoning. They inform people that is strictly for medical reasons / life&death situations though. We got rejected though even with medical proof.

8 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

Yep that was me. I emailed him back and he confirmed they are working to get it down to 8. It seems like they are. 

Thank you. This gives all of us hope. It is crazy to read 'give nvc 30 days' still on ceac website. So once upon a time, for lucky people it used to take 4 weeks :P now its 9-10weeks but I'll take 8 weeks anyday now :D haha

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

On 5/14/2017 at 6:24 AM, marjoriearmia said:

Hello. This is the email NVCExpedite@state.gov

20 minutes ago, roodmail1 said:

How exactly did you fill out the expedite request. Can you tell me which form did you fill out ? 

Need to provide the following

Person submitting the inquiry: 

NVC case number: 

Petitioner's Name: 

Petitioner's Date of Birth: 

Petitioner's contact phone number: 

Beneficiary's Name: 

Beneficiary's Date of Birth: 

Beneficiary's two local contact phone numbers: 

2 hours ago, Yari86 said:

Need to provide the following

Person submitting the inquiry: 

NVC case number: 

Petitioner's Name: 

Petitioner's Date of Birth: 

Petitioner's contact phone number: 

Beneficiary's Name: 

Beneficiary's Date of Birth: 

Beneficiary's two local contact phone numbers: 

oh wow i didnt fill out all of this only case number petitioners name and name of beneficiary and date of birth...

40 minutes ago, Annie93 said:

oh wow i didnt fill out all of this only case number petitioners name and name of beneficiary and date of birth...

Wait for a response if they need additional information they will notify you that was my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, roodmail1 said:

Hello everyone 

my scan date is on the 27th of April does anyone knows like how long is gonna take to complete my case :)

Hi, 

Have you had a chance to look at the spreadsheet with everyone's scan dates? 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

If you lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

Thank you, JBMG

4 hours ago, roodmail1 said:

This is what we emailed to them: 

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to request your approval to expedite my wife’s Visa process. As an active duty military personnel, I was only able to spend two weeks with my wife when we got married. It is difficult to file for leave in the military when going abroad. Having my wife here, will finally complete our family.

Below are the details:

Petitioner's Name: **********

Date of Birth: **********

Beneficiary's Name: **********

Date of Birth: **********

Along with the beneficiary's two local contact phone numbers: **********

We thank you for your understanding and hope that we will be able to hear a favorable response from your good office. God Bless

Very truly yours,

After 1 day they emailed us that our request for expedite was under review, then after 24 hours we received an email to them that the embassy approved our request and they will immediately forwarded it to local consulate. overall it took only 2 days for them to approved your expedite request.

Thankfully this day our status was "TRANSIT" :):) 

I Hope the details could help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jacqueline76 said:

I did have a look at the nvc case status spreed sheet. Thanks

Jacqueline76 

My scan date is April 04 2017

Great. 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, abfar said:

Welcome. We got a scan date just a day before you. Hope this time passes quick - we're almost there!

You can send an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov with your reasoning. They inform people that is strictly for medical reasons / life&death situations though. We got rejected though even with medical proof.

Thank you. This gives all of us hope. It is crazy to read 'give nvc 30 days' still on ceac website. So once upon a time, for lucky people it used to take 4 weeks :P now its 9-10weeks but I'll take 8 weeks anyday now :D haha

Yes. Let's keep each other updated :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.