JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CDJames said:

Just got of the phone with NVC rep said as soon as they're finish reviewing my case they'll notify us! She didn't want to tell me if it's in review department 🙄

Should I take it that my case is under review?  

Scan date: April 19 

Hi,  looking at the spreadsheet, CC's from your country received them in 63-67 days. So try calling again at day 63. You're almost there, you're at day 61. :) For now, check your status online daily..  

At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Case Complete (CC) Review dept to CC - DAYS SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class
6/12/2017 8.86 6/13/2017 1 63 9.00 50 Mail CR2
6/2/2017 9.00 6/6/2017 4 67 9.57 41 Mail CR1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KBain said:

Hi guys called nvc and informed case is completed. Ceac still says at nvc and aos line is still there. Will upload how it looks for those applying for F1 visa. 

yay!! Congrats. :) Thank you for already updating the spreadsheet. Keep us posted regarding your interview date. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, krysten.danis said:

Hi @JBMG,

So your scan date is the day before mine.  Have you called to see if anything is happening with your packet?  This week is 8 weeks and I'm trying to decide if I want to call and see if anything is happening or not.  

Thanks.

Hi @krysten.danis, :)

No, I haven't called.. I probably won't call before 9 weeks.. I will start checking my online status daily at 8 weeks though.. 

I don't advise calling before 9 weeks.. Since the average CC happens around 9 weeks. I see the last case for Bogota was reviewed on day 67.. You're at day 54.. So personally I'd wait at least until week 9 (day 63) before calling..  I've discovered that you can get a better idea of processing times by looking at others from your country.. But you only have one to compare to and they received a checklist for wrong birth certificate.. Have you confirmed that you have the right version?

Meanwhile, you can check your country's portal here. Maybe you can find others who have recently received a CC.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Colombia

Timeline
1 hour ago, gili said:

My scan date is April 27th but have not herd anything from nvc. Thursday marks 8 weeks. Should I call them to check

@gili

I don't advise calling before 9 weeks.. Since the average CC happens around 9 weeks. Last case from Ghana had a CC on day 62.. So personally I'd wait at least until week 9 (day 63) before calling..  I've discovered that you can get a better idea of processing times by looking at others from your country.. 

At 8 weeks or even now, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

If after 9 weeks, your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. 

Meanwhile, have you had a chance to look at our spreadsheet? Open to all NVC scan dates in 2017 (mail, email, CEAC upload)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline

@dpraxedis and @ILKFC

Hi, it's been 9 weeks since your scan date. Sometimes cases get CC's within 8 weeks but the average is trending at about 9 weeks. 

Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review.

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  with your latest status.

• If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "May 26 - Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Timeline

congrats @chokey for finally receiving your CC!!!!!  Thank you for already updating the spreadsheet. You can now head over to the following forum to join others waiting for an interview date and prepping for it. Please keep us posted regarding your interview date.  @Ayo received their interview date on June 3rd, hopefully you'll receive yours by July 3rd at latest. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Guys!

I been following the forum for quite some time and posting for the first time...

My case was sent to review on 6/15/17.  On 6/19/2017 I called NVC and they informed that the packet is missing her original native language birth certificate and everything else is good to go. The only "problem" is, the municipality office issues birth certificates in English only.  So they put the entire case on hold for supervisor review.  I spoke with a supervisor this morning and she informed me that it will take up to 6 weeks for review.  They need to get physical documents I sent them in review department for further review.  It makes no sense at all.  I sent them a copy of the original bearing the official stamps.  All they have to do is pull up the scanned copy in their system and review it.  

To get things moving, I am going to meet a rep at my Senator's office.  Do you guys recommend I should file expedite request?  I am willing and am going to fight for it.  I don't want new scan date.   

I-130 Notice Date:  9/8/2016

I-130 Approval:  3/28/2017

NVC Scan Date:  4/19/2017

In Review Dept:  6/15/2017

Checklist:  6/20/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
35 minutes ago, JBMG said:

What's up April Scan Dates? No CC's today????

@dpraxedis, @ILKFC , @mriggs, @SP&SP

Hello,still nothing yet,I dunno what's going on with my case but am waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.