dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2017

837 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Timeline:

2/23 NVC received documents.

5/3 Called NVC and found out case completed on 5/2.

5/11 Called NVC and found out Interview got schelduled on 6/20 in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. So about 10days waiting after case got completed. 

Edited by AndyVN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So am I right in saying everybody is taking about 8-11 weeks from scan to CC??

Losing my mind waiting, got screwed around by USCIS in the lead up to getting to NVC. (CR-1 Spouse)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband's interview is on June 5th.  and recently while reviewing document, I found out that we have made few mistakes in DS-260.  Does any one know what should I do at this moment?  

Mistakes were 1) His student visa got refused couple of year ago, and in DS-260 I put never refused visa before.  2) In Given name section, I only put his first name but not middle name.  (in example it saws first and middle name).

Any help will be appreciated!

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Frustrated74 said:

There was someone from Canada who had an interview booked Monday. Can't remember their name but I'm hopeful they're still scheduling. It was for a CC last Tuesday so almost a week later the interview was booked. 

I have a limited slot visa type, not expecting my interview to be scheduled this week or the next one. Hope you get it soon though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mbha88 said:

My husband's interview is on June 5th.  and recently while reviewing document, I found out that we have made few mistakes in DS-260.  Does any one know what should I do at this moment?  

Mistakes were 1) His student visa got refused couple of year ago, and in DS-260 I put never refused visa before.  2) In Given name section, I only put his first name but not middle name.  (in example it saws first and middle name).

Any help will be appreciated!

I think he should volunteer the information at the interview before he gets asked by the consular officer (the consular officer would already have the prior visa refusal on record). He should let him know that it was an honest mistake. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Returnee said:

I think he should volunteer the information at the interview before he gets asked by the consular officer (the consular officer would already have the prior visa refusal on record). He should let him know that it was an honest mistake. 

Thank you!

Timeline

I just called NVC and I was told that I need a passport police certificate from the passport office though I submitted from the local police. Does anyone know why they could've asked for this? And what's the process to get it in India?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KaurN said:

I just called NVC and I was told that I need a passport police certificate from the passport office though I submitted from the local police. Does anyone know why they could've asked for this? And what's the process to get it in India?

If they specifically stated " Police Certificate " , them yes, every adult age 16 yrs and above MUST provide a police clearance certificate from all the countries and territories they have ever lived in.. this is a standard requirement from every IV beneficiary...  Hope this helps? Good luck.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wizzle said:

If they specifically stated " Police Certificate " , them yes, every adult age 16 yrs and above MUST provide a police clearance certificate from all the countries and territories they have ever lived in.. this is a standard requirement from every IV beneficiary...  Hope this helps? Good luck.

I did provide a police clearance certificate but they are asking one from the passport office.

7 minutes ago, KaurN said:

If NVC requests additional documents will it take them another 11 weeks to review them?

Hello!

Yes, the clock restarts and it might take up to 11 weeks after the second scan date.

Good luck! :)

Scan Date: 01/26

CC: 04/06

Interview Date: Pending

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, KaurN said:

I did provide a police clearance certificate but they are asking one from the passport office.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

The police clearance has to be obtained from the passport office. The above link will help you to determine the process. the passport office gives two signed Police Clearance Certificates and puts a PCC stamp in your passport too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.