DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, emcia_81 said:

Thanks. After a couple of sleepless nights and waking up at random hours I was able to schedule the infopass.  My employer asked me to bring new i-551 stamp so I am not sure if that would count as an emergency for them.  I know, that lady checking in people gave me hard time once before when I had my infopass scheduled 😀

I hope to be done with it soon. 

Can you please let me know what time you start checking for infopass. I have been trying for weeks, no luck. 

1 minute ago, stech786 said:

Can you please let me know what time you start checking for infopass. I have been trying for weeks, no luck. 

I've been trying at random times during the day and night. Last Friday I was just about to leave for work and I gave it another try and then BOOM 😀 bunch of appointments became available for different days and hours. You gotta keep trying. It will happen. 

I got a message that action was taken on my case.  The interview is scheduled but I don't see letter with the date uploaded in my documents yet. The time is coming 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This thread has been immensely helpful so I wanted to sign up and share my timeline/experience:

Filed: 11/19/2018

Bio: 12/03/2018 (walk in) 

Interview letter: 04/01/2019

Interview: 05/07/2019 

I live in DC proper and seeing some delay in folks’ oath ceremonies. According to US district court of DC, ceremonies in 2019 are held on the following dates:

Naturalization Dates for 2019
January 8, 2019

February 12, 2019

February 26, 2019

March 12, 2019

March 19, 2019

April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019

May 21, 2019

June 11, 2019

July 9, 2019

August 13, 2019

August 16 , 2019

September 10, 2019

October 8, 2019

November 12, 2019

December 10, 2019

Hoping to be included in the June 11th oath ceremony although it would more realistically be July 9th. 

Wishing you all the best!

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, DCN400 said:

Hi all,

This thread has been immensely helpful so I wanted to sign up and share my timeline/experience:

Filed: 11/19/2018

Bio: 12/03/2018 (walk in) 

Interview letter: 04/01/2019

Interview: 05/07/2019 

I live in DC proper and seeing some delay in folks’ oath ceremonies. According to US district court of DC, ceremonies in 2019 are held on the following dates:

Naturalization Dates for 2019
January 8, 2019

February 12, 2019

February 26, 2019

March 12, 2019

March 19, 2019

April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019

May 21, 2019

June 11, 2019

July 9, 2019

August 13, 2019

August 16 , 2019

September 10, 2019

October 8, 2019

November 12, 2019

December 10, 2019

Hoping to be included in the June 11th oath ceremony although it would more realistically be July 9th. 

Wishing you all the best!

Had my interview today. Decision cannot be made. I was told I’d receive a letter in 1 to 3 months that would either be a RFE or a congratulations letter. 

Interview lasted 45+ minutes. There was a second IO present in the room who did not speak much but who walked me out. Anyone had a similar experience? 

Edited by DCN400

34 minutes ago, DCN400 said:

Had my interview today. Decision cannot be made. I was told I’d receive a letter in 1 to 3 months that would either be a RFE or a congratulations letter. 

Interview lasted 45+ minutes. There was a second IO present in the room who did not speak much but who walked me out. Anyone had a similar experience? 

Not at all.  I had my interview last week.  It lasted only 16 min. Since I had my i751 pending he didn't approve me on the spot. Later on that day I saw my i751 being approved and n400 the next day. 

Did you have any red flags? 

10 hours ago, emcia_81 said:

Not at all.  I had my interview last week.  It lasted only 16 min. Since I had my i751 pending he didn't approve me on the spot. Later on that day I saw my i751 being approved and n400 the next day. 

No; no tickets, no arrests, never married, no children. I did receive my GC through asylum, however, and he asked me a lot of questions about it. Did you see your file? Mine was like a foot high. 

3 hours ago, DCN400 said:

No; no tickets, no arrests, never married, no children. I did receive my GC through asylum, however, and he asked me a lot of questions about it. Did you see your file? Mine was like a foot high. 

I saw mine and it was a big one too but I figured they combined all my cases starting from K1 until N400. If there is no red flags then you should not have to worry about.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, afrocraft said:

Any recent interview experiences?

Did you have your Oath scheduled yet?

9 minutes ago, emcia_81 said:

I saw mine and it was a big one too but I figured they combined all my cases starting from K1 until N400. If there is no red flags then you should not have to worry about.

Yes, I think all of our immigration history is in that. Thanks, hope so, too. Hope your oath is scheduled very soon!:)

8 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

My case is still pending, unfortunately. Officer ended the interview without doing civics, English test. Said my case was too complicated for him lol. Long story about a USCIS error about my date of admission.

OMG you must be kidding me.... If it was too complicated why did they even schedule you for the interview and why they assigned your case to someone so incompetent. I thought they study cases before they send interview letters. I hope you will hear from the soon.

13 minutes ago, emcia_81 said:

OMG you must be kidding me.... If it was too complicated why did they even schedule you for the interview and why they assigned your case to someone so incompetent. I thought they study cases before they send interview letters. I hope you will hear from the soon.

I've given up. Sometimes I think they have a personal vendetta against me lol, but honestly they're downright incompetent and overwhelmed, and they have too much power and too little accountability.

When (if?) I become a citizen, I'm going to advocate for laws that restrain this agency, including more legal recourse for applicants.

Edited by afrocraft

On 5/7/2019 at 9:23 PM, emcia_81 said:

Congratulations, If you don't mind, May I ask when did you file for I-751 and N-400? also if your case was transferred recently. 

Thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.