Tommy27

How to check if your AOS is processing. Any info would help.

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I mailed my I-130 I-485 and associated forms to the Chicago office on Saturday 22 April 2017.

Can anyone just highlight the process from here?

I assume I should be recieving an NOA soon. It's been 4 working days and I still haven't gotten anything. 

What are the primary ways that I can check if it's been recieved and that it's in their hands?

I mailed it via UPS to

131 Dearborn street 

3rd floor 

Chicago IL 60603-5516

I am just super paranoid and am scared they didn't get it or something. Is there any way for me to check? My payment was in the form of Cashiers checks. 

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Tommy27

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Did you send in form G-1145 as well? 

The USCIS will notify you when they receive your package through email/phone.

I just sent my package yesterday through Fedex and it arrived this afternoon. 

Hopefully I will get a notification from them soon.

Good Luck to you!

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

You will get the NOA as the first confirmation(If you sent the G-1145, you will get an email and text as well). Give it a couple of more days.

Edited by Matisyahu

April 26 2017: Package sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
April 27 2017: Package received by USCIS
May 8 2017: NOA1 Received by Emails and Texts
May 9 2017: Checks Cashed by USCIS
May 12 2017: All 4 NOA1's received by Mail.

May 19 2017: Biometrics Letter Received, Appointment on June 2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It can take up to 30 days for them to open the package. 

As as long as you have delivery confirmation from UPS, don't stress about it.  They mark packages by date received, but due to sheer volume, it sometimes takes a while for them to open and do the initial review. 

Everything to to do with USCIS filings will test the upper limits of your patience.

Good luck!!

Everyone typically receives their NOA1 within 3 weeks. Remember that lockboxes get around 1000 packages a day regarding AOS

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Best advice I can give you is to join the monthly filers thread for your month, so you can stay in touch with members with similar timelines as you. It helps to see how long, on average, it's taking members to reach the next milestones in the process. 

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When you get your NOAs you can track the case status on their website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do, it can be either ad-hoc or if you create an account you can sign up to receive email and text alerts. The codes should be MSC then lots of numbers. Joining the April filers group can be helpful as well. However on both counts it will be a few months before you hear anything, sometimes I wonder if it's best to sign up for the alerts and then just step away from the computer for a couple of months...! Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

If it's any help, my AOS package arrived on the 19th (FedEx confirmation) and I'm yet to have received any notification in the form of the included G-1145.

Could someone please elaborate on this monthly filers thing and/or point me in the necessary direction (I'm often on here on my phone, which doesn't make for the easiest of navigation experiences).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A number of things:

- NOA1 can be received in the mail within 3 weeks

- The check is cashed from the bank account (this is a good indicator that they started processing your file)

- SMS/Texts will be received, along with your case numbers within, as long as you filled out G-1145.

Once you have your case numbers, make an account here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

You will be entering your e-mail and SMS phone number there, too. If for some reason they didn't text you despite you filling out G-1145, you can turn it on yourself here. See the attached screenshot for example.

mycases.png

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.