k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
44 minutes ago, A+S said:

Hey VJ Family !

Got a question for all those who received their card already, how long did it take you - from notice of approval receipt to getting the card ?

Thanks a lot guys

I believe 6-8 days from what I have seen. It depends on the day and/or the weekend 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 8/15/2017 at 2:15 PM, Spiny said:

Had my biometrics finally August 9 put in a service request right after. No movement since. Called them today answer from the person I was transferred to ... you have to wait 30 days. 

I'm going crazy here. Case has been pending 111 days. 

Don't go crazy, you are still within the time frame. You requested AP right? AP processing time is longer than EAD, since they come as a combo card it will be on hold until AP is processed 110-120 or even longer, it's just their normal processing time, if you needed EAD faster you should have applied for EAD only and not AP. Just trying to explain that you are still in the time frame.

Edited by seal72

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello my dear friends! so did you get a glimpse of the eclipse? isnt it such a beauty? i watched the live coverage. since it ran out of eclipse glasses everywhere, i just did the pinhole with the index card:D got my neighbors involved too:D

okay so things are really running smoothly and fast now. i got an update last august 17 that my ead is being produced. so im guessing itll arrive this week. however, no word yet with regards to ap. should i be concerned? or is it because im getting the combo.

@lovewins2016 thanks for the info. i hope the ead card will be the combo one. has it happened where the ap doesnt get updated and the rest of the cases are moving?

@strider4 im thinking its getting fixed..lol must be the eclipse:jest:

@atticus2017 whew what a relief in our part that updates are coming in except thats it late and thats disappointing... 

almost home stretch with this journey(its never ending lol) i hope you guys have a great week ahead..heres to always hoping all of us gets a smooth sailing journey:D

K-1 Timeline:

04/15/2016: I-129f mailed to Lewisville, TX

04/18/2016: Received in Lewisville, TX

04/20/2016: NOA1 (CSC)

04/25/2016: NOA1 Hard copy

06/29/2016: NOA2 Case approved!(70 days)

07/02/2016: NOA2 Hard copy

07/22/2016:  NVC Case Assigned

07/25/2016: NVC In Transit

07/27/2016: NVC Case Ready

08/31/2016: NVC Letter

10/05/2016: Approved Medical Exam

10/13/2016: Approved Interview

01/25/2017: US Entry (SFO)

See you all in the next journey and forums! Happy Holidays everyone!

AOS Timeline:

04/27/2017: AOS,EAD,AP sent to Chicago, IL

04/28/2017: delivered/received package

05/02/2017: AOSEAD, AP cases received thru sms/email

05/06/2017: 3 NOA1s received via mail with receipt notice dates 05/02/2017 (NBC)

07/21/2017: Biometrics done after 2 phone service inquiries and an infopass appointment

08/17/2017: EAD in production / AP no update since NOA1

08/23/2017: EAD/AP Combo card received

09/13/2017: Approved Interview

Thanks everyone for your help! At least we can rest for now...until ROC! :-)

43 minutes ago, OBGYNKENOBI said:

okay so things are really running smoothly and fast now. i got an update last august 17 that my ead is being produced. so im guessing itll arrive this week. however, no word yet with regards to ap. should i be concerned? or is it because im getting the combo.

Hello ! 

Nope, you should not be concerned :) -  It's because you are getting the combo card. My EAD was sent to production on the 16th - heard nothing for AP and was worried too but I received today in the mail, notices of approval for both ! Meanwhile, case status for AP is still " Case was received " lol 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, seal72 said:

Don't go crazy, you are still within the time frame. You requested AP right? AP processing time is longer than EAD, since they come as a combo card it will be on hold until AP is processed 110-120 or even longer, it's just their normal processing time, if you needed EAD faster you should have applied for EAD only and not AP. Just trying to explain that you are still in the time frame.

Gd afternoon filers that's not always the case, my case was approved for EAD combo on day98 n my AP got approved three days later. A day before combo card was placed in the mail Aug 8th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys! I just checked my mail box and I found two letters from USCIS. It's the approval notices for EAD and AP. The letters are dated 08/17/2017.  The weird thing is that I received the letters before the online status change.  But my online status changed to New card is being produced just a couple of minutes ago!!

I am so happy :) 

It's been a nice day today, watching the eclipse and receiving approval notices on the same day :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

02/21/2015 Got married to USC

04/24/2017 Sent AOS package I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/27/2017 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/05/2017 Checks cashed 

05/08/2017 Received NOA in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

05/19/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated 05/12/2017)

06/02/2017 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/2017 EAD/AP Approval Notice

08/21/2017 EAD/AP card is being produced

08/24/2017 EAD/AP Card mailed out

08/26/2017 Received EAD/AP card in the mail

06/14/2018 AOS Interview

06/14/2018 RFE for Medical at the Interview

06/15/2018 Approved I-130

06/19/2018 Submitted  new medical in person at local USCIS

07/03/2018 Sent renewal for EAD and AP

09/14/2018 USCIS responded to SR stating case was delayed due to security checks pending

11/26/2019 Received RFE from local office for  Expired Medical Exam

12/09/2019 Submitted Medical Exam for the third time via UPS to local USCIS office

12/16/2019 New card is being produced. 

12/17/2019 Approved I-485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
36 minutes ago, jcrod9 said:

Hey guys! I just checked my mail box and I found two letters from USCIS. It's the approval notices for EAD and AP. The letters are dated 08/17/2017.  The weird thing is that I received the letters before the online status change.  But my online status changed to New card is being produced just a couple of minutes ago!!

It's been a nice day today, watching the eclipse and receiving approval notices on the same day :)

Congrats fella filer. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ninatica said:

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Did you receice any interview notice to get the GC?

We had our interview on 8/14 and got approved on that day. Received her approval letter on 8/18 and green card on 8/21! 

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

1 hour ago, jcrod9 said:

SO LUCKY and SO HAPPY for you! Those are just around my dates as well so I am hoping to get something soon because nothing has been updated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.