8,297 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Aww, thank you for the nice words and good wishes :wub: Hope you get your approval soon!

Did they send you the piece of paper to check the box and send it back? If there's no specific space to sign, then I guess it's ok to do that wherever you see accurate, like in the down part of margins.

You can always ask someone else that was in the same situation. I know some people on March thread had forgotten to check a box too :)

Glad to see it's an easy fix, so hopefully you'll get approved soon after sending it back.

Yeah they sent a copy of the page with the missed checkbox. He signed somewhere there and then also on the other paper just in case 😂

We're mailing it first thing tomorrow and we're in california, so hopefully we'll see an NOA2 soon!

Congrats on your NOA2 btw! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Cruise77 said:

Good advice, the transcripts are much more official.  Keep in mind however that the 1040 form itself is more than 1 page, the 1040EZ is only one page with a signature. ;)

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Yes, that is why I said the 1st page and the page with the signature. They don't care about 60 pages of attachments and schedules most of which are probably either business expenses or stock transactions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, LabOz said:

Congrats update the time line on the NOA 2 when you guys get a chance.

What a way to start the week!

Seems like 120 days/4 months is just about the average for now.

Thank you. Yeah will do as soon as I get the hardcopy in hand. I always need those 100% and with uscis you never know until you get the letter 😃

Timeline
3 hours ago, LabOz said:

Correct the 1st page and the page with the signature are what they care about. Having said that the Transcripts are best and can be obtained here for free. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

The problem with the copies of the Form 1040 is that anyone can fill it out and put whatever they want for income if they so chose to.

The Transcripts on the other hand come straight from the IRS and if any error or adjustments were made from the original tax returns they would be reflected on the transcripts from the IRS.

Now for the bigger picture the US Embassy in Manila very very rarely ask for any financials what so ever for K-1.

BUT better safe than sorry in the event you are one of the chosen few.

Thanks for the link :wub:. I'll take note  of this and tell Matt if he would just want to do the transcript or he will just proceed and send the 2 pages of the 1040

2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

@JeniandMatt As Laboz said, better get the transcripts using the link he provided. Creating an account just takes 5-10 minutes if the verification works fine, and around a week for them to send you the password by mail if there's any trouble with that.

Transcripts are just 1-2 pages each, so less paper :)Plus Matt can send you the PDF's for you to print, which is quick and convenient. That's what we did, through I have the W-2 too, because I rather be safe than sorry. I don't think it was for the Philippines, but I read not long ago about someone that was put on AP because they were specifically asked about the W-2 and didn't have them there. Easy fix at least. Gary also scanned those and sent me the PDF.

I'll tell Matt about the transcript:thumbs:. And yes he is also sending me the W2 just in case they suddenly would want some more, better have everything with than be sorry :dance:

Thank you guys for the information. Highly appreciate it. I wasn't able to reply been busy getting my Cenomar. Trying to put all together. And now i have everything on hand except for the Noa2 sheez :jest:

Edited by JeniandMatt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
18 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Thanks for the link :wub:. I'll take note  of this and tell Matt if he would just want to do the transcript or he will just proceed and send the 2 pages of the 1040

I'll tell Matt about the transcript:thumbs:. And yes he is also sending me the W2 just in case they suddenly would want some more, better have everything with than be sorry :dance:

Thank you guys for the information. Highly appreciate it. I wasn't able to reply been busy getting my Cenomar. Trying to put all together. And now i have everything on hand except for the Noa2 sheez :jest:

Did you get your CENOMAR already? Yay for being prepared :jest:

Now we just have to focus the good vibes on you getting your NOA2 :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Did you get your CENOMAR already? Yay for being prepared :jest:

Now we just have to focus the good vibes on you getting your NOA2 :)

Yes . I  am feeling restless earlier so instead of getting just the nbi clearance I also got the Cenomar and 4 copies of me and my daughter's birth certificates:jest: but would have to be back on Thursday for the release of the Cenomar since it's 3 days processing here in the Philippines. 

Yes please send me your good vibes so we can have our Noa2 this week :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok this waiting is officially driving me insane. I feel like I'm literally counting the seconds at the moment! Hurry up NOA2 :)

I don't suppose anyone can offer any help regarding documents and prep for the next stage?

I'm waiting for my police certificate to come through at the moment but I currently have:

• Passport photos for myself and my son for the visa and medical,
  • I134 form with employment letter and last 2 years of W2s for Matt (I'll get pay stubs closer to the interview). I also have bank statements for Matt and a letter from Wells Fargo stating how long he has banked there, current balance etc. 
  • Updated Letter of intent from Matt & mine also
  • Photos from his recent visit to the UK in July (should I provide screenshots of our conversations & call logs also?)
  • Passport for myself and my son
  • Birth certificate for myself and my son

Can anyone spot anything I'm missing? 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Yes . I  am feeling restless earlier so instead of getting just the nbi clearance I also got the Cenomar and 4 copies of me and my daughter's birth certificates:jest: but would have to be back on Thursday for the release of the Cenomar since it's 3 days processing here in the Philippines. 

Awesome...Faye is supposed to gather all that this week as well :jest: 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

We don't need anything like the Cenomar here, but good it only takes 3 days, could be worse. 

BTW, how's the planning for your daughter's birthday? :jest:

4 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

Ok this waiting is officially driving me insane. I feel like I'm literally counting the seconds at the moment! Hurry up NOA2 :)

I don't suppose anyone can offer any help regarding documents and prep for the next stage?

I'm waiting for my police certificate to come through at the moment but I currently have:

• I134 form with employment letter and last 2 years of W2s for Matt (I'll get pay stubs closer to the interview). I also have bank statements for Matt and a letter from Wells Fargo stating how long he has banked there, current balance etc. 
  • Photos from his recent visit to the UK in July (should I provide screenshots of our conversations & call logs also?)

I think you are almost good to go. I don't know about your Embassy, but mine also requires last year taxes along with the W-2. We are using the tax transcripts we were talking about earlier here.

Also you can go to your family doctor and ask for yours and your son's vaccine records and see if there's any you might need, plus in London you also need copies of your medical records and whatever the "red book" is :P

http://www.visamedicals.info/us-bring.asp

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Estibaliz said:

We don't need anything like the Cenomar here, but good it only takes 3 days, could be worse. 

BTW, how's the planning for your daughter's birthday? :jest:

I think you are almost good to go. I don't know about your Embassy, but mine also requires last year taxes along with the W-2. We are using the tax transcripts we were talking about earlier here.

Also you can go to your family doctor and ask for yours and your son's vaccine records and see if there's any you might need, plus in London you also need copies of your medical records and whatever the "red book" is :P

http://www.visamedicals.info/us-bring.asp

My vaccines are up to date so I can get those whenever, Mason is currently having his course of hepatitis B jabs so I'll get his once he's finished with that if the timing works out! I suspect he will only have had 2 by the medical though :(

I have his red book but I don't have my own so I hope that's not an issue! I can get our medical records from the doctor whenever as well so I'll get those when Mason has his next jab.

I have a 1040 tax return for 2016 for Matt as well as the W2, hopefully that's what I need! Thanks for your help @Estibaliz

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

My vaccines are up to date so I can get those whenever, Mason is currently having his course of hepatitis B jabs so I'll get his once he's finished with that if the timing works out! I suspect he will only have had 2 by the medical though :(

I have his red book but I don't have my own so I hope that's not an issue! I can get our medical records from the doctor whenever as well so I'll get those when Mason has his next jab.

I have a 1040 tax return for 2016 for Matt as well as the W2, hopefully that's what I need! Thanks for your help @Estibaliz

I'm pretty sure the medical records are enough for you, so it seems to me you have everything covered. 

Once again, yay for planning ahead and being prepared :jest::P

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

Police clearance?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Awesome...Faye is supposed to gather all that this week as well :jest: 

Trying to focus the restlessness into positive output coz really I am going nuts already since I still haven't gone back to work been on sick leave till yesterday so all attention is on the wait for Noa2.

I'm sure Faye will be able to get it all this week 😊

Edited by JeniandMatt

Timeline

@Estibaliz no Cenomar? Good for you. At least 1 document less to need. But knowing you I'm sure you would gotten that already if it's needed ;)

Oh you still remember it. Good memory. All is set for my daughter's birthday party. We will be getting her made to order Bloom costume on Thursday coz it's going to be a Winx Club theme Birthday party :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.