8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

@Estibaliz thats what i told my F too. i think right now, we really need to be sure first before making another move.. ive told him to call uscis  just like what youve said earlier,, but he's too i dnt know i cant say the right words. that he even had me schedule for a consultation with an immigration lawyer. and then answeres turns out this.. 😔 

now we'll just wait what the USCIS can say (atleast theyre official) 

I understand he feels hesitant because he's feeling a bit down with the turn of events most likely. Still it's as simple as explaining the situation. You want to see if you want to withdraw the withdrawal.

Lawyers can be kind of gloomy at times. They have their reasons, but still...

Anyway, I understand this is something you and your fiance have to figure out. Just saying, the sooner the better. Because that can give you a better chance, however slight it can be, and also for your peace of mind, to take action based on real options and get acquainted with the outcome.

Best of luck!

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

25 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

@Estibaliz thats what i told my F too. i think right now, we really need to be sure first before making another move.. ive told him to call uscis  just like what youve said earlier,, but he's too i dnt know i cant say the right words. that he even had me schedule for a consultation with an immigration lawyer. and then answeres turns out this.. 😔 

now we'll just wait what the USCIS can say (atleast theyre official) 

Not pretending that I know what will happen but if I spin my logic on it...if you got your NOA2 yesterday with July date on it that means it's already on it's way to NVC or probably sitting in the box at the NVC site which is a good thing because you've moved into the next steps of this process and USCIS is done at this point. 

Now, what you're lawyer told you is inaccurate and he probably told you that because he hopes you'll use his services to do it which means he gets paid. BUT HE'S NOT USCIS so he doesn't know the factual answer. 

In my opinion, I think if your fiance calls them ASAP and speak to a tier 2 rep, they might be able to note your case to disregard the withdrawal. Again, I'm not saying this will definitely happen but because you're case is beyond the USCIS steps, it's a possibility. But he's gonna have to call pretty much every day until he gets confirmation that its null and void.

If this cannot happen then you can refile but you two really need to decide which one is most effective for you both because either one you're gonna have to wait. And your lawyer is incorrect that it will go faster because your background checks are already done. You will have to go through the same wait again and go through backgrounds checks AGAIN. That's whether you do the K1 again or the spousal visa

Let this be a lesson to you both because the whole process from beginning to end which is citizenship is about waiting. More importantly, the dollar value of this WHOLE process is wayyyyy to costly if you don't have patience. 

I pray everything works out for you two because starting over when you're so close would suck.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

17 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I understand he feels hesitant because he's feeling a bit down with the turn of events most likely. Still it's as simple as explaining the situation. You want to see if you want to withdraw the withdrawal.

Lawyers can be kind of gloomy at times. They have their reasons, but still...

Anyway, I understand this is something you and your fiance have to figure out. Just saying, the sooner the better. Because that can give you a better chance, however slight it can be, and also for your peace of mind, to take action based on real options and get acquainted with the outcome.

Best of luck!

ThankYou. my F just called uscis said. and the lady that answered said that the day they received the letter was the day they approved the case. that i can understand well. my F said thats just what she said. and then she said, for us to just continue with the process.. 😳☺️😔😄😖🤢😣 

its like i dont know what to feel. i think i better ask UsCis Myself.. can you recommend on what number t is best to contact them? thankyou

45 minutes ago, martinzl said:

I've just resigned myself to the fact that they will get to it when they get to it.  I feel bad for my fiancee in the Philippines because she is more in limbo than myself as I can still go about doing more things here.  She. however, is without work and just waiting.  I figure we will get the visa eventually but it is very hard on her and, for the both of us, it is life on hold.

Life on hold is the perfect description I've been looking for. 

Waiting for a NOA2 so I could give my notice at work and uni. 

Good night to you all. It was a completely uneventful day today on the front end, but let's hope they have actually been doing their job on the back end meanwhile :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Not pretending that I know what will happen but if I spin my logic on it...if you got your NOA2 yesterday with July date on it that means it's already on it's way to NVC or probably sitting in the box at the NVC site which is a good thing because you've moved into the next steps of this process and USCIS is done at this point. 

Now, what you're lawyer told you is inaccurate and he probably told you that because he hopes you'll use his services to do it which means he gets paid. BUT HE'S NOT USCIS so he doesn't know the factual answer. 

In my opinion, I think if your fiance calls them ASAP and speak to a tier 2 rep, they might be able to note your case to disregard the withdrawal. Again, I'm not saying this will definitely happen but because you're case is beyond the USCIS steps, it's a possibility. But he's gonna have to call pretty much every day until he gets confirmation that its null and void.

If this cannot happen then you can refile but you two really need to decide which one is most effective for you both because either one you're gonna have to wait. And your lawyer is incorrect that it will go faster because your background checks are already done. You will have to go through the same wait again and go through backgrounds checks AGAIN. That's whether you do the K1 again or the spousal visa. 

Let this be a lesson to you both because the whole process from beginning to end which is citizenship is about waiting. More importantly, the dollar value of this WHOLE process is wayyyyy to costly if you don't have patience. 

I pray everything works out for you two because starting over when you're so close would suck.

i guess iLl make the move on calling the tier 2. mind to share the number?? because he just called uscis. and the Girl who answered said that They will just ignore the Withdrawal letter.. and we can just continue with the process without even asking him the Case number. so also i guess its her only assumption too. 

and yeah. wth the lawyer i guess youre right. because she said you cant say yes and then no eith the uscis, and said that she will email me with the Process we need to take and how muchbit will cost 😳😱

28 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Yes and if you too have any trouble with the waiting period (10) days let me know and I'll see if my Fiancé uncle can help. He's the Vice-Mayor in Las Pinas, NCR

thankYou so much. iLLnupdate you with this. ☺️

6 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

ThankYou. my F just called uscis said. and the lady that answered said that the day they received the letter was the day they approved the case. that i can understand well. my F said thats just what she said. and then she said, for us to just continue with the process.. 😳☺️😔😄😖🤢😣 

its like i dont know what to feel. i think i better ask UsCis Myself.. can you recommend on what number t is best to contact them? thankyou

Have him call again and ask how will this affect you guys in the long wrong and can he send in something that request to pull the request or is there anything that he can get like an email from the rep or something saying that things are moving forward with no interference of the withdrawal letter. 

If you want to call have him give you the number or go to USCIS website and get the number.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

i guess iLl make the move on calling the tier 2. mind to share the number?? because he just called uscis. and the Girl who answered said that They will just ignore the Withdrawal letter.. and we can just continue with the process without even asking him the Case number. so also i guess its her only assumption too. 

and yeah. wth the lawyer i guess youre right. because she said you cant say yes and then no eith the uscis, and said that she will email me with the Process we need to take and how muchbit will cost 😳😱

Hi,

Hope this helps. God bless.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

11 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

800-375-5283.

It's on USCIS website. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

I don't believe you can contact them being a foreign national without legal immigrant status. It's up to your Fiancé to do so which it appears he has.

more than likely the agent noted your file because she recommended continuing the process. I would be prepared to overwhelm them with proof of relationship at embassy stage if it makes it that far. 

Its not dead till it's dead!

Good luck you two

oh and no more knee jerk reactions ok.

Timeline

Ok according to:

Sec 20.4 withdrawal of petition

the petitioner may voluntarily withdraw the petition PRIOR to adjudication.......

it appears that any withdrawal request after a petition has been approved must be filed with the Embassy/ Consulate of the country in question.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Ok according to:

the petitioner may voluntarily withdraw the petition PRIOR to adjudication.......

it appears that any withdrawal request after a petition has been approved must be filed with the Embassy/ Consulate of the country in question.

@Maria124 

So the way this reads. You guys dodged a bullet there :)

Congrats on your NOA2!!!

Timeline

Ok according to:

Great job searching!

Tha would be great news for them. Now it's just a matter of making sure the withdrawal letter arrived after the approval, but usually the tracker updates when they acknowledge a withdrawal, so there's still hope :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
Just now, Estibaliz said:

Great job searching!

Tha would be great news for them. Now it's just a matter of making sure the withdrawal letter arrived after the approval, but usually the tracker updates when they acknowledge a withdrawal, so there's still hope :)

Indeed; and I think it did because Maria said her F was told same day as approval by agent so they're ignoring it. Which now makes sense as to why. It's no longer their jurisdiction.

Timeline

Indeed; and I think it did because Maria said her F was told same day as approval by agent so they're ignoring it. Which now makes sense as to why. It's no longer their jurisdiction.

So it seems. We'll see. Fingers crossed! :)

Meanwhile, it was quite an eventful day for March fillers, with a bunch of NOA2 coming, for older cases as well as last week of March received date. Most of it were approved last week, so things look good.

Even if they weren't approving April cases right now, sure they would be getting really close to give as more attention, with less previous months cases to take care of.

Going to bed on that good note. Goodnight you all, Aprilites! :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.