8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

My family isn't that curious either, but I have a good friend that always asks me how things are going and if we've heard anything yet. I tell him not yet and quickly explain the process, and he's amazed.

He encourages me daily and tells me " just think, a few more weeks and it's over. I have to laugh. I told him "this part yes, but it's not over. It's not the end, but it is the end of the beginning." We will all be dealing with the USCIS for the next 5-10 years in one form or another. But by the grace of God and good friends met here, we'll all make it.

LDR's will soon be over my friends...

God Bless you all!!

I'm absolutely sure you're right, but I'm curious, how do you guys think we should expect to be dealing with the USCIS in the next 5-0 years?

Edited by PygmyPuff

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

4 hours ago, Janjolette said:

My mom is a pastor and she talks about this process at church all the time. It's embarrassing. I can't even go there. I hate talking about this with people that don't know what it's like. They think either a. I'm so desperate to find a husband that I had to do this or b. He is som rich old man and I'm a gold digger. 🙄

Oh dear, that's not my cup of tea either, id feel embarrassed seeing that I don't want my business out there like that. But at the same time who cares, as long as you are happy and you know your story they shouldn't matter, neither should their thoughts.  

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
3 hours ago, PygmyPuff said:

I'm absolutely sure you're right, but I'm curious, how do you guys think we should expect to be dealing with the USCIS in the next 5-0 years?

The whole process from NOA1 to Citizenship should be closer to 5 years.  10 years means someone didn't get vinegar with their chips.  :P

Timeline
20 hours ago, Mia83 said:

Yep, I've started doing that too! My baby is arriving in the U.K. tomorrow a I'm kinda debating giving him a suitcase of some of my stuff to take back to the US with him. Originally was thinking all my winter clothes beacause "surely" I won't be needing them here this winter.. but with the delay with the visa not so sure anymore lol xx

Ooh! Bit exciting for you then! Hope you spend some good quality time together! xx

31 March 2017 - 1-129f Sent

11 April 2017 - NOA1 Hardcopy 

10 August 2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

19 September 2017 - Medical Appointment

29 September 2017 - Interview 

29 September - 2017 - Visa Approved

14 October - 2017 - POE to USA

Timeline
19 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

I'm just having my Faye box up everything she wants to bring and we are shipping it over two weeks before flight. That way we can travel light with carry on bags only.

Ahh that's actually quite a good idea!

31 March 2017 - 1-129f Sent

11 April 2017 - NOA1 Hardcopy 

10 August 2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

19 September 2017 - Medical Appointment

29 September 2017 - Interview 

29 September - 2017 - Visa Approved

14 October - 2017 - POE to USA

Timeline

My other half just flew back to the US yesterday after spending a week here. It feels very strange now to think the next time I'll see him will be when we move! 

Slightly OT: Is anyone else here also applying for the K2 visa? I haven't seen an awful lot of mention on here of K2 visas!

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

My other half just flew back to the US yesterday after spending a week here. It feels very strange now to think the next time I'll see him will be when we move! 

Slightly OT: Is anyone else here also applying for the K2 visa? I haven't seen an awful lot of mention on here of K2 visas!

Me! I'm bringing my daughter with me 😊. Yes actually been wondering myself who else is. Im glad you asked 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Me! I'm bringing my daughter with me 😊. Yes actually been wondering myself who else is. Im glad you asked 😊

Glad it's not just me then! I'm bringing my 6 year old son with me. He is already picking up an accent just from video chats and Matt and his sister being here last week 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

Glad it's not just me then! I'm bringing my 6 year old son with me. He is already picking up an accent just from video chats and Matt and his sister being here last week 

Oh what a coincident my daughter is 6 years old too and my fiance is Matt as our user name may imply 😊😊. Yes my daughter is getting good at conversing in English too had to prepare her for the transition. At least you just differ from the accent but still using English as your language ours is an entirely different language so she has to adjust to that too among a lot of things

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

The whole process from NOA1 to Citizenship should be closer to 5 years.  10 years means someone didn't get vinegar with their chips.  :P

Citizenship is 5 years, but in our case we may have to renew the green card, unless we can figure out how to receive the dual citizenship without losing our home in the Philippines while applying after she becomes a US citizen. Non citizens in the Philippines cannot own property and we plan on retiring there in 15 to 20 years.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Estibaliz said:

Oh, do you mean their real names are not Joe and Jane? :lol:

That was a great example of the things we have to put up with, that's for sure. You can also get often the "Why didn't you look for a local guy?", if you ever dare to say you miss your other half. So yeah, excuse me, but I wasn't looking for anyone anywhere, it just happened. We didn't even meet on a dating site, just FB. We live in a global world now, so this happens. Period. And I'm very happy it happened, even with all the hard times and now the waiting, because you don't give up on 'the one' just because it's difficult and someone closer would be easier.

So yep, let's keep dealing with this, because it's worthy. And then who cares if it's 5-10 more years dealing with USCIS and the like of them. It will be much easier because a. you don't have to be apart from your loved one and b. you can still lead a normal life... not like right now, if you are the beneficiary. As I mentioned before, for me right now it's not only the waiting, but having my life on hold, because I've been applying for jobs and getting calls back, then it turns out all of them are looking for someone available for a permanent position, so "sorry, it wouldn't work". And I understand that and my "thank you for calling anyway" is completely sincere but, yeah... life on hold. Once I'm there, that it's over :)

Funny thing is that when I was 14 my Dad married his sweetheart from his days in Air Force. One day he came back from vacation married to a woman from Madrid, Spain...I thought that was strange at the time, but they've been happily married and retired in Barcelona for the last 17years. So in a way, you can say I was being groomed for this a long time ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.