1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdanish4 said:

I submitted photos.. from that list. And the regular marriage certificate etc etc.

Heres my situation.

Meetings: i did not meet my wife until we got married (we chatted, talked face timed)

Courtship: whatsapp msgs, facebook, whatsapp calls.

Relationship: gift cards, chats, online calls.

Travel: i only went to the country once when i was getting married. My mother traveled with me.

Photos: i have alot of wedding day photos and post wedding day photos.

Wedding: there was no wedding announcement or invitation cards.

Her parents are deceased so they were not in the wedding (ofcourse). Her brother arranged the wedding there

One more thing to submit is an affidavit from someone close to you who attended the wedding basically stating the details of the wedding.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mdanish4 said:

Guys, i have received the RFE in the mail. I am attaching pictures. Please do read and suggest what am I suppose to do and how.

20180215_163735.jpg

oh wow that looks so detailed. for each section just provide what they ask and if u dont have it im sure u can explain. im sure they understand each person, culture, region is diff so they'll understand. also contact uscis too if u have a question and see if they help since they'll have more official response. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
52 minutes ago, H&H. said:

oh wow that looks so detailed. for each section just provide what they ask and if u dont have it im sure u can explain. im sure they understand each person, culture, region is diff so they'll understand. also contact uscis too if u have a question and see if they help since they'll have more official response. 

Yeah i just hope i put togrther everything nicely. I will have to come with so many explanations. Plus i did not live with my wife for more than a week so i dont have alot of things they are asking. I do not want to give them my personal chat messages plus they are not in english. You know what i am saying :(

Edited by Mdanish4

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mdanish4 said:

Yeah i just hope i put togrther everything nicely. I will have to come with so many explanations. Plus i did not live with my wife for more than a week so i dont have alot of things they are asking. I do not want to give them my personal chat messages plus they are not in english. You know what i am saying :(

yeah i wonder why they did rfe after such long time. try to find stuff u can share and is ok. overall i think they just need proof its legit marriage so hopefully can prove that. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Try to visit your wife again before her interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Abies said:

Try to visit your wife again before her interview.

Well i was planning on to the interview with her but the case hasn't even transferred to NVC yet..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Well i was planning on to the interview with her but the case hasn't even transferred to NVC yet..

Try to visit her before her visa interview so as to earn more points.

Edited by Abies

• 1 month later...

Month and a half and no activity? Good news for you all wifeyy got her visa and we are traveling home together!!Thank you all for the help and support! Definitely been a tough year but its all over now. Best wishes to all. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RPlove2017 said:

Month and a half and no activity? Good news for you all wifeyy got her visa and we are traveling home together!!Thank you all for the help and support! Definitely been a tough year but its all over now. Best wishes to all. 

Congratulations!! Safe travels!!

We're still in the NVC stage waiting for CC. Can't wait for everything to be done!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, RPlove2017 said:

How long has it been since you submitted all documents?

Mine is a pivot case...I submitted all docs a week ago. 3 days later they messaged me that one of my docs needed to be corrected (needed to be scanned portrait, not landscape). So I fixed it that day. Now just waiting.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

I been read this thread from past 1 year. I'm glad to say my journey came to an end for 1st Green Card.

I applied I130 and I485 Concurrent filing

Waited for more than 90 days for EAD, it was around 120 days. It came with an AP.

Interview was on schedule on Mar 21st, 2018 after a frustrating long wait

There are countless times i used to check processing times, forums etc

On Interview day,
Documents  i took was new i94, passport, birth certificates, photos, new Medical examination (i submitted one before), lease, bank statements, beneficiary docs, insurance docs, child birth certificate.
I was 15 mins before interview, registered with front desk, waited for 10 mins before interview began.
I took my two kids to interview with me (if you have kids please do take them, it's easier for officer to understand you relationship when they can see how you handle kids).
First office swore us both. Asked me and my fiance details like names, dob, my social, address. he asked me for DL,passport, child BC, EAD.
He went through yes or no questions. And question for Are you cited by an law officer ? i asked him if traffic violation counts, he said no.
Thats it. He said he had enough documents. I asked him if he need any additional docs, he said absolutely NONE. however i mentioned my new medical examination which he took and said thank you.
He said to expect result in 4-6 weeks.

I was worried once again after going through forums where people are waiting weeks, years.
My case was not updated. I received a letter for I130 approval but online it showed Nothing.
but then came across some forum saying online status dont update properly, then asked me to register at my.uscis.gov account which is different from case status account/online status.
To my surprise i have the whole history there which said they mailed my card. I received my card today,

Thank you everyone, i hope everyone gets it..

BE PATIENT, DON'T LOOSE HOPE. ITS ALL WORTH IN THE END.

Please ask questions if you want to know more in detail

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 11:15 PM, H&H. said:

ahh thats good if u qualify for it.

i found a good way where i can file now without her itin number and lose money but when she's here i can amend it and get money. 

Good day.. how did u file ur tax for 2107? I have the same issue here..

My husband filed his tax as single but he need to amend because were married since march 2017. Could you pls help me how to do it as well? Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.