1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 12:50 AM, Pape said:

Hello everyone! I have been following this group for months. A little update that my I 130 has been approved on 01/31/2018, with a priority date April 10. I wish everyone good luck and faster approvals for the rest.the waiting had been horrible for me, at least I have been living with my wife in the US.  I know most of you guys don't live with your love ones and the waiting is too long, not fair. Keep faith! yours will be approve soon. 

Congratulations 

Timeline

called nvc early am and they said their systems were down. called 6 hours later and voicemail says nvc closed. i guess bad weather there....weird.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline

called nvc and their systems are down so they cant look up cases. im like what the heck its already a long process then throw in govt shutdowns, bad weather and now system failures lol

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, H&H. said:

called nvc and their systems are down so they cant look up cases. im like what the heck its already a long process then throw in govt shutdowns, bad weather and now system failures lol

This is interesting, I called little while ago and asked her to see if she can tell me if my case has been pulled into review and she said she doesn't have that information. I wonder if this is due to system failure or she just didn't want to look it up!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Netta said:

Hello everyone its been a while since I've checked in. How is everything going with my fellow April filers? Has everyone received noa2? Is everyone at the NVC stage? Or waiting for interviews?

Hey.. still waiting.. 294 days and waiting..

Timeline
Just now, Netta said:

That's just ridiculous. What have they been telling you when you call?

I received a reponse on December 5th from them telling me that i should get a notice within 45 days.. i sent another service request on Jan 15th asking that 45th day will be on Jan 19th and i havr not received anything, they respondedon Jan 19th telling me that i should get a notice "SHORTLY". Its been almost 20 days and nothing yet.

Timeline
Just now, Netta said:

You may have to seek some help from your senator if you don't receive a respond from them within a few days. I pray you get your approval soon

Thank you. But i have no clue how to get senator involved :(

Just now, Mdanish4 said:

Thank you. But i have no clue how to get senator involved :(

If your state is Florida, then in your case it would be: Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio.

You can search them on google and contact their office so they send you a Privacy Act Consent Form or letter that you will need to sign so they can get involved in your case.

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/casework

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ASMS said:

If your state is Florida, then in your case it would be: Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio.

You can search them on google and contact their office so they send you a Privacy Act Consent Form or letter that you will need to sign so they can get involved in your case.

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/casework

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, Netta said:

I got the following information from a VJ trend that was posted in 2010 that may be helpful on how to get started with requesting help from your senator. I hope it will be helpful for you

Instructions

1. Before you begin, make sure you have your I130 case number and it has been at least five months since you applied. United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) estimates it currently takes 5 months to approve an I130 case.
  2. Go to United States Senate website by visiting http://www.senate.gov. On the upper right-hand corner of the page, select your state and click go. 
  3. Pick one of the senators from the given list of two and click his or her link. It doesn’t matter which one you select. But as a general rule, you should select the one who is more famous. 
  4. Once on your senator’s website, find a section that’s related to citizen’s service. Sometimes it’s listed under the Services menu. 
  5. You will find a casework item under the services page. Go there and you will usually find a PDF or WORD document about privacy. Download it and fill out the form completely. Make sure you select the immigration since you want help with that. 
  6. From your senator’s webpage, find the contact section. And you will find a list of office throughout your state. Pick the one closest to you and call that office. Ask to speak to someone who will help you with your immigration.
  7. Once connected to that person, explain your situation courteously ask if you could email the privacy release form. Email it or fax it. In your email or fax, ask to have your case researched to find out how long it will take and/or why it has taken so long.
  8. Wait a few days to hear back from the person. You should usually wait couple of business days at least. If you don’t hear anything back in few days, call the person again and remind them about your immigration issue.

Hopefully, you will find out more about why your case is taking longer than expected. You can take appropriate actions or set your expectation correct. Usually cases get approved after senator’s office contacts USCIS on your behalf.

Thank you very much. This is extremely helpful. I will start working on contacting the senator. Thank you again

Timeline

Guys guys guys, so after 295 days today my case status has been changed to "REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED".. this is a goooood news for me but at the same time it is bad.. anyways.. guys with RFEs, how long the process gets delayed because of RFE?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys, 

I am still awaiting CC at NVC but looking forward to things to bring to interview I just realized that my (petitioner) passport will expire on March 10, 2018. My wife is asked to bring copy of my passport but her interview won't be till April or even May, so my question is that is it okay if she brings my expired passport copy to her visa interview? She will also have my naturalization certificate to show US citizenship. 

Also for tax documents, are IRS transcripts with W2 statements from IRS enough or does she need to bring actual W2s that I receive from my employers?

Thank you all and Good luck!

48 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Guys guys guys, so after 295 days today my case status has been changed to "REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED".. this is a goooood news for me but at the same time it is bad.. anyways.. guys with RFEs, how long the process gets delayed because of RFE?

Hy Mdanish4

Its good that they are now working on your case.

I have just seen your timeline.

But 295 days is too much...

I think california service center is too slow

Have you applied DCF(direct consular filing)from pakistan or while in u.s.

You should be contacting uscis and secondly RFE delay is not more than 15 to 30 days after receiving in majority of cases.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Beast7 said:

Hy Mdanish4

Its good that they are now working on your case.

I have just seen your timeline.

But 295 days is too much...

I think california service center is too slow

Have you applied DCF(direct consular filing)from pakistan or while in u.s.

You should be contacting uscis and secondly RFE delay is not more than 15 to 30 days after receiving in majority of cases.

Hi,

I have not applied DCF (TBH i did not even know about this until I just googled it)

I just hope that they are not requesting some kind of weird evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.