1,252 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Miguel y Elsa said:

Hi everyone how many people for Nebraska center has received NOA2?

We have been waiting for 280 days now and nothing I called them and all they said is just keep waiting you are on regular processing time!! Really!! is this normal processing time? how does USCIS think this is normal!! to keep families apart for so long and this is just the first step and they haven't even get to it yet I know they might never read this but I would like an explanation from someone at USCIS why takes them so long.  How? one of the greatest nations on earth capable of sending the Hubble telescope and explore the universe, spending billions of dollars on war and hi tech missile and aircraft How?? they can't process an application to keep a family together this is a health issue of your citizens do you really care about your citizens? to me looks like you don't care at all lets say the US has better priorities than his people and there is no money to spend on keeping a family together how hard will be to let us know hey people we have a lack of personal to process your applications so we have to raise the fees 100% but that will cut your waiting time in half I'll be more than happy to pay $1070 fee and even more if necessary and get them here in 6 months I spend more money on plane tickets and travel expenses visiting my wife, so is not about money either so what is it? That's what I want to know are you punishing us because we felt in love with a foreign citizen? 

I know everyone here has a different story to tell some harder than others but on my story I don't know if anyone here share the same frustration waking up every morning and put your self together hoping that that day will be the day you find something online or when you come home you will find that letter and nothing!!  the world needs to know what is happening here all I need is a yes or no if you said NO I'll just move out the country and start from scratch at least I'll be next to my wife and son and we call it done because if you move and have no income in the US you can't bring no one here unless you find some to sign an affidavit of support good luck with that! and on top of that if your love one is on I 130 process they can't get a tourist visa because you might apply for adjustment of status?? I have look every option either way we are trap. I'm a proud US citizen but what America is becoming to is a shame when is time to kill and destroy the US  is always number 1 but when it comes to families and their people they go at the end of the hole and sent you to Nebraska "service" center.          

I truly feel you. I filed in April and is pending at CSC. I am willing to spend more money for a faster service. I Just got back to the U.S. and again apart from my husband. It Is not only about immigration. But my life. Life is too short. I only get to see him every 6 months. Since I m still in college. I will always remember how we both felt every time saying goodbye at the airport. It feels hopeless. Nothing is under our control. Sad. And we Did our part and still ..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Skys said:

Interview scheduled for February 20.  Woke up to appointment letter via email. Now have to schedule medicals before interview.

All the best to all my fellow April filers that are still waiting for your petition to be approved. I know its frustrating trust me I know but keep your head up.  If its any consolation each stage comes with its own frustrations. Same feeling all the way to the end.  Hang in there :-) 

Congratulations on your interview! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Melencarnacion said:

Finally received our approval, still can't believe it!!! :) On to the NVC!  Hang in there everyone, I certainly have been feeling your pain! 

Pd 5/8/17 at Nebraska center. Approval 1/16/18.

Congratulations on your approval! 

Timeline

we got approved from uscis nebraska center. they received it april 12 2017. :)

i got like 10 text messages from a number saying my case is now updated. i checked app and online and both said case was sent to nvc. i still dont have letter so its a bit different than what i saw here about receiving letter first. it was a long wait. rest of u guys hang in there i think ur up next...

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

25 minutes ago, H&H. said:

we got approved from uscis nebraska center. they received it april 12 2017. :)

i got like 10 text messages from a number saying my case is now updated. i checked app and online and both said case was sent to nvc. i still dont have letter so its a bit different than what i saw here about receiving letter first. it was a long wait. rest of u guys hang in there i think ur up next...

I also got the notification from the app and checked online to see the approval, I haven't received the letter yet. I was surprised based on what everyone was saying about receiving the letter first. I had just checked the mail this morning and didn't have anything, I was feeling a little sad but then unexpectedly got the app notification later in the morning. Congrats to you as well on your approval! Praying for a quick NVC process and interview scheduling for us both!

1 hour ago, MrsAni said:

Congratulations on your approval! 

Thank you so much! Such a long and emotionally draining process...I'm so thankful to see a small hope to the end of this and to finally be together with my husband for good! It sucks we all have to go through this but I know it will be worth it in the end! :)

Congratulations!! to you and we were just talking about all this I'm so happy  for you both please let us know how the rest of the process goes 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Miguel y Elsa said:

Congratulations!! to you and we were just talking about all this I'm so happy  for you both please let us know how the rest of the process goes 

haha yeah in the end wait is hard but hang in there because u know its coming close. online status sheet is wrong because it says theyre working on feb people so having info here is more useful. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

10 hours ago, Minhaj88 said:

Thank you!! Congratulations to you as well!! Surreal to think we all started in April on this journey.

Congratulations Minhaj🍾! Good luck on your interview..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is funny to receive a response like this, isn't?

"On 01/05/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-130 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* shortly."

Edited by Mdanish4

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdanish4 said:

It is funny to receive a response like this, isn't?

"On 01/05/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-130 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* shortly."

why is it funny? it just means they're looking at ur case now and should receive answer soon so thats good.

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline

would government shutdown cause issue with uscis or nvc

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
59 minutes ago, H&H. said:

would government shutdown cause issue with uscis or nvc

That's a scary thought but I was thinking the same thing 😩

Timeline

Just found this in an article:

But it isn’t in itself essential to facilitate legal immigration to the US. US Citizenship and Immigration Services will largely be unaffected by the shutdown simply because it doesn’t get its money from Congress; it’s funded by the fees it charges applicants. But companies seeking work visas for their employees might run into trouble, because the Department of Labor office that needs to approve their petition would be closed.

😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.