tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Timeline

The processing time changed from January 8th to January 14th, for Nebraska, on USCIS website, they moved 6 days for a month??!!

OMG!!! We are stuck badly!! 

I hate being negative, but it looks like we will have to wait another 5 to 6 months for NOA2 if not an RFE.

I am out of patience already and have no clue how I will resist this slow killing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, WCH said:

The processing time changed from January 8th to January 14th, for Nebraska, on USCIS website, they moved 6 days for a month??!!

OMG!!! We are stuck badly!! 

I hate being negative, but it looks like we will have to wait another 5 to 6 months for NOA2 if not an RFE.

I am out of patience already and have no clue how I will resist this slow killing.

Timeline
Just now, Jujubsweet said:

I dont understand how they moved only 6 days???? Really is it this busy? To move 6 days??? How many workers do they have 2? I really really feel so many things when it comes to this i used to have such high hopes and i everything I read stated 6-9 months for this whole process and now it is 9-12 months for just this stage! Who knows how long it will take once we actually get too nvc!! 

13 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

227 days texas.. pd march 27th no noa2

I am in the same boat :(. I got my NOA1 on March 7th and STILL WAITING from the TSC. Ugh. So horrible, all this waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jujubsweet said:

I dont understand how they moved only 6 days???? Really is it this busy? To move 6 days??? How many workers do they have 2? I really really feel so many things when it comes to this i used to have such high hopes and i everything I read stated 6-9 months for this whole process and now it is 9-12 months for just this stage! Who knows how long it will take once we actually get too nvc!! 

I feel very down today about the whole thing. I have been waiting 276 days while my son's petition was approved 19 days ago. We put through an expedite request through Tier 2 to have my file linked up. We have heard nothing. It's like Nebraska just does whatever they damn well feel like without listening to anyone else. I guess there is no consequence to the fact they take so long. I have tried everything. I have sent letters to the heads at USCIS, email to the Ombudsman and contacted local politicians. I have heard NOTHING.

I am not trying to take away anything from other service centers but everyone stuck at Nebraska is in their own hell. I started getting annoyed at 7 months. Started messaging people at USCIS after 8 months. Now that it is 9 months I can't believe I have nothing to show for myself. I want to be happy for other people approved at Nebraska but when I see others get approved with an earlier NOA1 date I get so angry. If it's not bad enough to have to wait this long but to see other people who applied after me get approved feels insulting.

I can only imagine how bad Nebraska is going to get in another 6 months time. When I first started Nebraska was taking at most 6 months. I have read they work up to 4 days at home per week and get to take our files home. I could not believe this is legal and not breaking any sort of information act. I also read the heads at Nebraska have rotated the job and nobody has been driving that ship for very long. The head at USCIS still has to be confirmed through some sort of hearing. Not sure if that has had any effect. But it's like this service center is a black hole nobody wants to deal with.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Jujubsweet said:

I thought about making a case inquiry but I think you're only supposed to do that after the date on USCIS website is after your PD date. Would be handy to understand quite what's going on in Nebraska. Had hoped I'd be able to join my wife some time in the earlier months of next year. Looks unlikely now...

Timeline

The USCIS app is down which is good because when it first told me they could not locate my application I about had a panic attack!!!! I hopeit gets fixed soon!

27 minutes ago, Nemaimena said:

I filed an inquiry and its not past my PD. Try it doesnt do any damage. My PD is march 9th. It was already assigned to an officer so I have to wait another 60 days. Which I should know something by Dec 17th and at that time I will be over 9 months.

Caution about inquiries before your normal processing time has passed.  What you may have done is have your file pulled out of the queue, and put on a potential 60 day hold.  Because no one knows the order in which files are reviewed, you may have had your file removed when it could easily have been on deck for review or on lined up to be approved prior to the 60 day hold your file may now be in.  

5 minutes ago, MaksK said:

I filed in March and my priority date is March 28 with Texas Service Center. Still have not received any response. 

Same here PD 3/27 no response yet. called twice and spoke to tier 2 officer and they just told me to wait

Timeline

Hi guys happy to join you on this depressing waiting process... I received NOA 1 on may 24th still waiting for NOA2 ... potomac ctr .. when do you think it’s ligitime for me to start worrying about my application and maybe think about filling an inquiry.. thanks

Hi everyone! I currently live with my father, who is going to be the joint sponsor for my husband's application.

I am considering moving from Florida to Georgia for a new job. Will it be a problem that we live in different states? Should I stay where I am while waiting? My father would still need to be the joint sponsor... 

PD March 10th, Nebraska 
I do NOT have NOA2 yet, but just trying to plan ahead and know what could happen... Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.