craftercool

Interview, vaccines and fingerprints. My lawyer is driving me nuts!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Skymusic said:

Good luck man! You are applying for consular process? How's your case?

Thank you very much and exactly, my interview will be in the US Embassy in Mexico. 

The case is about... 80% complete, getting done with the fingerprints, medical exam and finally the interview hopefully we'll finish ;)

Filed: Other Timeline
46 minutes ago, craftercool said:

Thank you very much and exactly, my interview will be in the US Embassy in Mexico. 

The case is about... 80% complete, getting done with the fingerprints, medical exam and finally the interview hopefully we'll finish ;)

Nice man! You applied because of marriage? Also are you right now in the US or in mexico?

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Skymusic said:

Nice man! You applied because of marriage? Also are you right now in the US or in mexico?

Yes, my wife is an american citizen, I'm in Mexico right now since I work here, I assume that after all this ends I'll have to quit and move to Texas, but that's ok, changes are good. :thumbs:

Oh man, who knows at this point? I contacted Medicos de la Frontera and they told me that previous vaccines with a proper record are accepted.  They did recommend going to a doctor and having it signed, sometimes they require medical proof that you've had shots or are immune to a certain disease, which seems more work than going through the damn vaccines again anyway. For instance I had varicella when I was a kid but there's no paper trail of it, so I'd have to get medical proof through testing. More expensive than getting the 60 dollar shot.  But alas, the official travel government website and the USCIS websites both mention bringing your previous vaccination records, maybe it's something regarding Juarez? a way to make more money? it sucks because I do have an official way to prove vaccines and  I'd hate to have to go through the pain and the money again like you mentioned. 

What about your cartilla de vacunación? for the vaccines you got as a kid? 

Like others said, I wouldn't risk going to a doctor in the U.S since you're so far ahead your immigration process, why would you go through the heartache of possibly being denied entry? I'd reconsider getting a new lawyer, especially if you're just getting more frustrated and confused. Good luck and I hope everything works out :) 

Edited by Dilorena

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

I will advise you to use the approved medical clinic that the Embassy has provided. My wife is from a neighboring country called Uganda and her visa is being processed in another country called Kenya. I asked the embassy if she could get her medical in her country of residence since they have the same Medical provider located there, but the consulate responded as follows, " Please note that the medical examination must be done within the consular district". 

I even asked if the DHL pickup city for he visa can be changed to her country of residence or at the border and the embassy response was as follows, " Please note that, DHL services are available within Kenya only". So in short, the embassy has a process and if you deviate you risk doing your medical twice. Also I don't believe the medical cost in US will be $30 as we all know how medical cost are excessive. I recall I got yellow fever vaccination here in the US when I was travelling to Africa and it cost $112 and that was 10 years ago.

If you still looking at saving, I will suggest you do the following:

1) Check all the medical requirements from the embassy and ask them if they will accept medical results from the US.

2) Find out the total cost from this Medical clinic in US and check with Mexico consulate if they approve this facility.

If I was you I will just go with approved medical clinic as they are aware of all the requirements from the embassy. Good luck.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Dilorena said:

Oh man, who knows at this point?

5 hours ago, hasmax80 said:

I will advise you to use the approved medical clinic that the Embassy has provided.

Well, so far it seems that it will be up to the officer that get to see my medical results, one person from another forum said he took the shots at an authorized clinic and took the medical results the day of the interview without any problem. So he was lucky.

On the other hand as someone already said here, there are people that take their medical results to the interview but then they reject them and make them pay again and get vaccinated again. 

What I think I'll do is to travel to Ciudad Juarez about 10 days before the interview, visit an authorized clinic in order to get the shots hoping that the day of the interview they take them as valid. 

9 minutes ago, craftercool said:

Well, so far it seems that it will be up to the officer that get to see my medical results, one person from another forum said he took the shots at an authorized clinic and took the medical results the day of the interview without any problem. So he was lucky.

On the other hand as someone already said here, there are people that take their medical results to the interview but then they reject them and make them pay again and get vaccinated again. 

What I think I'll do is to travel to Ciudad Juarez about 10 days before the interview, visit an authorized clinic in order to get the shots hoping that the day of the interview they take them as valid. 

It's so ridiculous that they only account for ''authorized clinics'' since that's just were the business is Having the vaccines and proof of them should be enough, ugh. That sounds like a good plan, hopefully you won't have to take them again! :) big hug 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, craftercool said:
I just got the letter where they are scheduling my interview appointment in a month from now.
But my lawyer is driving me crazy! She just can't explain things well, and I don't know how to ask her any more.

She tells me to make a trip right away to the U.S. in order to get the necessary vaccines so when I get to the interview I'll be ready and they won't have to vaccinate me.

But! On the other hand I have friends and other people telling me not to apply any vaccine since they could not even take them as valid in the interview and I could get vaccinated again that day (double expenses, double pain).

I no longer know what to do, I had understood that in the same week before the interview I could carry out the process of the fingerprints scan and medical examination. Can anyone please orientate me about this? Especially those who have been through this recently.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

PS: As additional info, my lawyer says "if you come to the US right now, I'll give you the address of a clinic where they'll charge you about $30 bucks for all the neccessary vaccines, but if you wait until the interview day they'll charge you $60 bucks for every vaccine". That's like... a lot of difference :blink: Don't you think? 

@craftercool when is your appointment? From all the forums I personally believe going to Juarez 10 days before the interview is too much. I have my appointment on April 10 and my husband and I will be arriving in Juarez on April 6. My medical is scheduled for the 7th and fingerprints for the 8th. I will be taking a copy / record of my vaccines. I live and the US and per my medical doctor I'm up to date on all my vaccines including those required but the consulate. I guess we will see ?

Timeline
13 hours ago, LilyAR said:

when is your appointment?

If I'm not mistaken it will be on April 21st. But wait a minute, so you already have scheduled appointments for both medical examen and fingerprints? How did you do that?

My laywer want me to visit her on the same week before the interview to get me an appointment for the fingerprints scan. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, craftercool said:

If I'm not mistaken it will be on April 21st. But wait a minute, so you already have scheduled appointments for both medical examen and fingerprints? How did you do that?

My laywer want me to visit her on the same week before the interview to get me an appointment for the fingerprints scan. 

1 hour ago, craftercool said:

You have to register your consular interview and once you do you will have access to schedule your biometrics appointment. You should be able to do this already if your case has been transferred to Juarez. This is the website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv

I scheduled my medical appointment with Sevicios Medicos de la Frontera https://www.smf.com.mx/

I also suggest you go to https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/CDJ - Ciudad Juarez.pdf for more information regarding Juarez. This step is on your P4 letter (interview appointment letter) your lawyer and you should or already have received. 

Timeline

Hi everyone again, so far two people have suggested me to register my interview appointment at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ and I was about to do it but... it just doesn't make sense, I mean, in the letter I received it already says when and at what time my appointment is scheduled, and it doesn't say that I need to take further actions other than have my medical examination done so... I'm a little confused here. :wacko:

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 8/3/2017 at 2:11 PM, Georgia16 said:

Yeah maybe it's time to fire that lawyer. You can do this yourself. 

On 8/3/2017 at 2:12 PM, Dee elle said:

Consider  sacking the lawyer..

On 8/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, maria betances said:

The date of your visa interview appointment is indicated in the letter that you received 

On 8/3/2017 at 2:35 PM, afortunada said:

That is very, very, cheap though, and I find it hard to believe it's possible...

On 8/3/2017 at 10:11 PM, Skymusic said:

Nice man! 

On 9/3/2017 at 9:52 AM, Dilorena said:

I hope everything works out :) 

On 9/3/2017 at 11:54 AM, hasmax80 said:

Good luck.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:06 PM, LilyAR said:

Good luck

Hello everyone! I just wanted to salute you and to thank you all who answered and helped me here. Also, I have good news: my green card was approved! :D 

Now I have a final question to ask about this matter, the thing is, they said "your visa has been aproved, here are some instructions of what's next" and those instructions says that I have to go to a website to track my passport and to know when will it be available at a local DHL, then I need a tracking number which I'm only will be able to know by logging in with the user and password that I've already created.... but... which user and password? I don't have them. Ah! My lawyer has them, I already call her, as almost always I couldn't talk to her because she was busy but her secretary explained to me that I'm gonna have to keep talking until they have that tracking number so they can provide it to me. I mean... what?

✎ Is there a chance that I can log in by myself and get to know this tracking number without having to do anything with my lawyer again? I mean, I'm done with her.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by craftercool

Timeline
19 minutes ago, craftercool said:

@craftercool...hello and congratulations! When was your visa approved? You can go to this website (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/users/sign_in) but if you are saying your lawyer was the one that created the account you most likely will not have access to it. The other way to do it is to go to the https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and as soon as is says "ISSUED" start calling the # given to you on that white paper you got when you went to the ASC for finger prints I think its this one Ciudad Juarez: +52 656 344 3003 or the 1.703.249.4628. you will need to follow the EXACT instructions and as indicated on that white piece of paper and listen to all of the recording before pressing/selecting the numbers. You will also need to provide your passport #. They are only open until 5 pm I think but just ask for your tracking # and if its available they will have it for you. Another thing that I was people doing (wish I had know I could do this I would not have gotten stuck for Holy week) is simply go to the DHL office you are suppose to receive your packet at, get in line and ask. I was under the impression that if you didn't have one you couldn't go but I witness at least 10 people in front on me doing this and were never turned away..some were the and some were not. But hey it's not like you have anything better to do right? :D Good luck! BTW I ask when it was approved because the turn around time is an average of 3 days.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to salute you and to thank you all who answered and helped me here. Also, I have good news: my green card was approved! :D 

Now I have a final question to ask about this matter, the thing is, they said "your visa has been aproved, here are some instructions of what's next" and those instructions says that I have to go to a website to track my passport and to know when will it be available at a local DHL, then I need a tracking number which I'm only will be able to know by logging in with the user and password that I've already created.... but... which user and password? I don't have them. Ah! My lawyer has them, I already call her, as almost always I couldn't talk to her because she was busy but her secretary explained to me that I'm gonna have to keep talking until they have that tracking number so they can provide it to me. I mean... what?

✎ Is there a chance that I can log in by myself and get to know this tracking number without having to do anything with my lawyer again? I mean, I'm done with her.

Thanks in advance. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LilyAR said:

hello and congratulations

Thank you Lily :) 

I think I'm going to try both options: start calling the phone number and I'll go to the DHL office.

My visa was approved on Friday 21st. 

I mean it's probably not there yet but I want to do this by myself without needing to call my lawyer every hour haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.