Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We scheduled her medical for Sept 27. Hopefully everything goes well.

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, KrisKi8 said:

My fiance just finished her medical today and thank God everything is normal! She told me that I need a CENOMAR for the visa interview as well (someone she was talking to said that to her). From what I know and read, the US Citizen petitioner doesn't need to provide that. I looked around online and saw some said yes and some said no. Which is it? I'm a naturalized citizen if that makes any difference.

Also, her interview in on the 27th! a couple more steps and she will be granted a visa, in God's grace!

:rofl: Oh My Gosh      This is just chicka chicka talk in the lines outside SLEC   They talk and talk and compare fiance's, embellish, brag, and invent all kinds of stories.   I suppose it's fun, in some sort of convoluted way??????  Regardless, Stay the course

The petitioner has already been verified by uscis - one of the many things in that loooooong process.  Your CENOMAR is already established or yuou would not be this far.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, KrisKi8 said:

My fiance just finished her medical today and thank God everything is normal! She told me that I need a CENOMAR for the visa interview as well (someone she was talking to said that to her). From what I know and read, the US Citizen petitioner doesn't need to provide that. I looked around online and saw some said yes and some said no. Which is it? I'm a naturalized citizen if that makes any difference.

Also, her interview in on the 27th! a couple more steps and she will be granted a visa, in God's grace!

Hi! BIG YES. You need a cenomar. How old are you when you moved to the US? if you are Filipino, you grew up here and just moved in the US, you need to get one.. even if you did not grew up here, you should provide one because some consuls asks for it . That's based on what I have read. Some who did not provide it, get 221G During the interview. It's very easy to get the Cenomar, your fiancée can get it for you. Goodluck!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

:rofl: Oh My Gosh      This is just chicka chicka talk in the lines outside SLEC   They talk and talk and compare fiance's, embellish, brag, and invent all kinds of stories.   I suppose it's fun, in some sort of convoluted way??????  Regardless, Stay the course

The petitioner has already been verified by uscis - one of the many things in that loooooong process.  Your CENOMAR is already established or yuou would not be this far.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi! BIG YES. You need a cenomar. How old are you when you moved to the US? if you are Filipino, you grew up here and just moved in the US, you need to get one.. even if you did not grew up here, you should provide one because some consuls asks for it . That's based on what I have read. Some who did not provide it, get 221G During the interview. It's very easy to get the Cenomar, your fiancée can get it for you. Goodluck!

This is what I'm talking about..i get a no and a yes! It's sooo confusing.. lol

I came here when I was 14 and became a USC 5 years ago. So maybe it depends on the consul since I was a Filipino citizen yeeeaaaaaarrrs ago, there's a chance that they might ask for it.

Anyways, thank you both! I guess I'll just have her get it just in case. Do I need to provide an authorization letter for her to get it? Maybe she can just print it out?

Edited by KrisKi8

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, KrisKi8 said:

Thanks!

I came here when I was 14 and became a USC 5 years ago. So maybe it depends on the consul since I was a Filipino citizen yeeeaaaaaarrrs ago, there's a chance that they might ask for it.

Anyways, thank you both! I guess I'll just have her get it just in case. Do I need to provide an authorization letter for her to get it? Maybe she can just print it out?

If that's the case then you might really need the CENOMAR. :)) There's nothing wrong with getting it, just in case the CO will ask for it. 

It is the US EMBASSY who needs the CENOMAR. :) They only want to make sure you are not or did not marry here 😂

I asked my friend who also did the same thing, i am still waiting for her reply.. I'm your fiancée can go to PSA office and request one.. they are not very strict there. I'm gonna ask about this from my friend.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

If that's the case then you might really need the CENOMAR. :)) There's nothing wrong with getting it, just in case the CO will ask for it. 

It is the US EMBASSY who needs the CENOMAR. :) They only want to make sure you are not or did not marry here 😂

I asked my friend who also did the same thing, i am still waiting for her reply.. I'm your fiancée can go to PSA office and request one.. they are not very strict there. I'm gonna ask about this from my friend.

Yup, thanks! I just saw your timeline btw, congratulations on your approval!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, troika said:

👍  Visa Approved 👍 

In and out of the embassy in under and hour, very quick, the whole process.

Not sure why they want you to take copies of each document though, they never took or asked for any of it, took all the originals and gave me back my birth certificate and CD with lung x-rays on. Said I will get my documents back later (I assume with the passport). Also just one photo, but they ask for two on the checklist. Also, just took the letter from employer for the I-134, didn't want the tax stuff. Security seems to have been beefed up a little, maybe because of the tube bomb/terror alert this morning in London. Anyway ...

Questions asked:

Where have you met ?

When you went to the States, did you meet her family ?

Where does she live ?

Where was she born ? (I suspect, since they can see her Birth certificate, they tried to catch me out on this one since it differs from where she lives now) 😉

Then said, he is going ahead and issue the visa. Job done, not even 5 minutes at the window !

Good luck everyone !

Congratulations! :jest:

I'm taking a ton of documents with me too next week, and pretty sure they won't ask for most of them, but better safe than sorry, right? We don't want delays come to this point, just because we are missing one paper :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Estibaliz said:

Congratulations! :jest:

I'm taking a ton of documents with me too next week, and pretty sure they won't ask for most of them, but better safe than sorry, right? We don't want delays come to this point, just because we are missing one paper :)

Yeah, you will kick yourself if they ask for something and you didn't take it ^_^

In my case, all they asked from me was:

Passport

1 x Photo

Original Police Clearance

Original Birth Certificate (they gave it back after interview)

I-134 with letter from fiance's employer

That was it. I assume when I go and pick up my passport, I will get my police certificate back too.

Good luck, very easy, was so stressed this morning, but no reason to be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, troika said:

Yeah, you will kick yourself if they ask for something and you didn't take it ^_^

In my case, all they asked from me was:

Passport

1 x Photo

Original Police Clearance

Original Birth Certificate (they gave it back after interview)

I-134 with letter from fiance's employer

That was it. I assume when I go and pick up my passport, I will get my police certificate back too.

Good luck, very easy, was so stressed this morning, but no reason to be.

Spain is different (lol), so they already have my documents that I sent them by mail. They only ask you to take the medical results, passport, one more picture, confirmation of the payment and more evidence of relationship... Still taking everything with me again :P

Hope they send your visa soon :jest:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

53 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Spain is different (lol), so they already have my documents that I sent them by mail. They only ask you to take the medical results, passport, one more picture, confirmation of the payment and more evidence of relationship... Still taking everything with me again :P

Hope they send your visa soon :jest:

It is so funny how all the consulates are sooo different with what they require. I am required to take the payment letter, medical results, birth certificate, my fiance's divorce certificate, a new letter of intent from my fiance dated no more than 30 days before the interview,  2 passport photos, the I-134, tax transcripts, w2s and his letter from his employer. They only ask for tax transcripts but I am bringing the others just in case. lol He sent his stuff to me in the mail today so I should have it next week. I can't believe my medical is in 17 days and my interview in 25 days. Its all coming so quick. My sister said if all goes well she will drive me down to meet Chris at Rapid City, SD on the 28th of October.

3 hours ago, troika said:

👍  Visa Approved 👍 

Not sure why they want you to take copies of each document though, they never took or asked for any of it, took all the originals and gave me back my birth certificate and CD with lung x-rays on. Said I will get my documents back later (I assume with the passport). Also just one photo, but they ask for two on the checklist. Also, just took the letter from employer for the I-134, didn't want the tax stuff. Security seems to have been beefed up a little, maybe because of the tube bomb/terror alert this morning in London. Anyway ...

Questions asked:

Where have you met ?

Where does she live ?

Where was she born ? (I suspect, since they can see her Birth certificate, they tried to catch me out on this one since it differs from where she lives now) 😉

Then said, he is going ahead and issue the visa. Job done, not even 5 minutes at the window !

Good luck everyone !

OMG, I'm so happy for you! :dancing:

Great news! Wish you to have fast reunion and a happy ever after! :jest::wub:

3 hours ago, troika said:

👍  Visa Approved 👍 

Questions asked:

Where have you met ?

Where does she live ?

Good luck everyone !

Well done! Congrats on making it through!

Ok, guys, quick update - our case is still at NVC going through administrative procedures. We are calling them once in two days and getting same info each single time and one time we even got very rude woman.

Checked once again our NOA2 hard copy and it says NVC takes 2 to 4 weeks to create a case record and send it to the embassy. 

The only positive thing is that its 3rd week of waiting for us after receiving case number. Hopefully one more left, but who knows... Sigh... 

Can't believe we've got into this after 5 months waiting for petition approval. 

Next week is my medical, praying each day that we will get good news from NVC by that time. Probably won't cancel it. 

Nevertheless I'm so happy for everyone who got any progress on their case. Wish all of you quick POE and happy ever after!

And those who are still waiting pls try to get some patience and hope. It is hard, I know, but as my fiancé said today "hope is what we are holding on to" and nothing else we can do. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, KrisKi8 said:

Thanks!

Yza is being cautious and I tend to lend to the cautious side, as well.  Your original post didn't specify you were naturalized.  Although no one can get married at age 14, go ahead and order the cenomar for security but truthfully, I doubt they will want it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.