Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

Nope, that went straight to my fiancee and she forwarded me the copy.

How long does it take for her to receive an email? From the time the NVC received the petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

How long does it take for her to receive an email? From the time the NVC received the petition?

No idea. We didn't call at all, just waiting for the process to happen. Calling doesn't speed things up since you have to wait for the petition to reach the embassy and for an interview anyway. Its hard to be patient though, I can understand that.

I-129F Journey

27th February 2017 - Posted via 2-day UPS to Texas address

1st March 2017 - Arrived at Texas Service Center

7th March 2017 - Received email NOA1 and case number

3rd June 2017 - NOA2 notice date

8th June 2017 - Received hardcopy NOA2

26th June 2017 - Received NVC case number via email

4th July 2017 - Completed visa medical

11th July 2017 - Got fed up and emailed Packet 3 response to Consulate prior to receiving Packet 3 (case still "In Transit")

13th July 2017 - Received interview date (Packet 4)

25 minutes ago, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

No idea. We didn't call at all, just waiting for the process to happen. Calling doesn't speed things up since you have to wait for the petition to reach the embassy and for an interview anyway. Its hard to be patient though, I can understand that.

It'd be my turn to call now, but so hesitating haha

Timeline
28 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

It'd be my turn to call now, but so hesitating haha

You can do it! :)) nothing's really wrong 😊 i know someone who has a received date of June 23 and she got their case number just yesterday :))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

@TearsOfBabylon I copied it from one of the earlier threads a couple of months ago. Eric hasn't called yet, he will try on Wednesday, so we don't know if it's really a good script :)

• Phone number: 603-334-0700.

• If it goes straight to voice recording, it means that the lines are busy.  Hang up right away.

• If it rings once and then goes to a voice recording, it means they will take your call.  You will hear a voice recording with a woman.  As soon as she starts talking, press 1.

• You will be directed to a voice recording with a man.  As soon as he starts talking, press 7.

• You will be put on hold.  

• When an employee answers, they will ask you for your case number.  Tell them that you don't have a case number yet, but you have your USCIS receipt number.  This was my standard line: "My fiancé and I applied for a k-1 visa.  We received our I-797 (Notice of Action 2) from the California Service Center on February 16, 2017.  W are calling to see if the California Service Center has forwarded our case."

• The employee will enter your case number into their system.  If the case has not been forwarded, they will tell you to call back again in a few days.

• If the case has been forwarded, they will ask you for your full name and date of birth and your fiancé's full name and date of birth.  Then they will give you your case number (important) and your invoice number (which they said was important but we never used).

After you have your case number, you can check your case status here:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

An important addition from Feb filers -  If you're an electronic case, make sure you're calling the immigrant line 603-334-0700, then press 5. If not, the agent you speak with will not be able to see your file and will keep telling you they haven't received your case yet.

How do you know if you are an electronic case?

Timeline
5 hours ago, annachka said:

My dates are the same as yours (3/13-3/16), but for Denmark. Tried calling USCIS today and they gave me that line about processing January 15th petitions.. 

I wonder what accounts for the delay. Our petition had a lot of photos and logs, because the lawyer I consulted advised us to "overwhelm the officer" with evidence, so there would be little doubt as to the relationship. Could that be why it's taking a while, with many others' later dates already approved? Too much material? I hoped it would have the opposite effect. 

I don't think that it would be too much material, we sent in TONS of pictures and screenshots and congrats messages etc. and we are already approved.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I just called!
Was only on hold for less than 10 minutes, but she didn't find a number yet.
So... next try on Thursday! :) 

But she said as soon as they generated the casenumber and electronic alert goes out to the petitioner!

Cool! So sounds like they have received it then! :wub:

Timeline
12 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I just called!

But she said as soon as they generated the casenumber and electronic alert goes out to the petitioner!

Also which number did you call?

5 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Cool! So sounds like they have received it then! :wub:

Nah, I don't think so, since she didn't find anything.
But now my phone-ice is broken and I'll call every 2nd day, hehe! :)
Wish me luck! :)

2 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Also which number did you call?

The one Olya posted a little earlier today!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I just called!

What's electronic alert? The time you call I'm sure your case number is already available 😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Todd called NVC as well this morning. Our case is not received yet. The officer he talked to told him it can take up to 6 weeks but they try to expedite i129 petitions as soon as possible as finace/és want to be in the States sooner rather than later.:) She advised he call back in a few days. 

1 hour ago, Yzabelle said:

What's electronic alert? The time you call I'm sure your case number is already available 😊😊

The email with the case number, which was posted earlier!

No, she didn't see our case in the system yet!

43 minutes ago, Elisaveta said:

Todd called NVC as well this morning. Our case is not received yet. The officer he talked to told him it can take up to 6 weeks but they try to expedite i129 petitions as soon as possible as finace/és want to be in the States sooner rather than later.:) She advised he call back in a few days. 

Same for us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 hours ago, julieandgreg said:

NVC seems to be very slow... or I'm just being super impatient! NOA2: June 15, NVC received: June 30. And still no case number! :ranting:

Same dates here......still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.