928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

The waiver does not apply to 99% of those we know.

Julie Goldberg says on her twitter that those still waiting, will eventually be denied. It's  just a matter of time.

This is absolutely ridiculous and there's nothing anyone is doing about it.

Timeline

i just went to check up on the embassy today and people there told me they all add appointments but were refused. Also the waiver process is still unknown but they haven't started it yet for sure or gave us any update so don't believe what people on facebook say. If you already had an apointment and they have your passports, no need to go to the embassy unless they call or email you or if your status changes. Apparently they are calling people a few at a time to take back there passports.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shamwow said:

Anyone have any updates, or has anyone met with Julie in djibouti?

I have the same question.

My family member is meeting with her on Thursday after she told everyone that if you're a minor or someone accompanying a minor and your father is a US citizen then she has a plan to get them outta there and the ban doesn't affect them.

Some people say she's a liar and  only wants money, we shall see I guess.

Timeline
On 1/1/2018 at 7:08 PM, H93 said:

I have the same question.

My family member is meeting with her on Thursday after she told everyone that if you're a minor or someone accompanying a minor and your father is a US citizen then she has a plan to get them outta there and the ban doesn't affect them.

Some people say she's a liar and  only wants money, we shall see I guess.

Ya, i have plenty of family members here who are with her. If she was good she would have gotten them out a long time ago. She is mainly about the money but it doesn't hurt to here what she's got to say.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/21/2018 at 5:39 AM, Shamwow said:

Guys, is there a way to get your passports back. I try emailing and calling them but they do not reply. 

Do u ever get your passport back I’ve sent them an email they not replying how do you get your passport back if u want to leave djbouti

Timeline
On 1/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, Amelabdulla said:

Do u ever get your passport back I’ve sent them an email they not replying how do you get your passport back if u want to leave djbouti

They called me on Tuesday to pick up my wife's passport on Thursday. Just keep pestering them with emails

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey guys my name is Fatima my I am sponsoring my husband. He is a national of Somalia. He we started his case in 2015. On May 24,2018 he had his first visa interview and went into AP for 8 months and couple weeks. On January 19, 2018 an email sent from embassy for a 2nd interview. after interview was given a paper that states that they are reviewing his case if he qualifies a waiver. Still waiting to this day. Anyone who have been given the paper share your experiences thanks.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 5:10 AM, Shamwow said:

Ya, i have plenty of family members here who are with her. If she was good she would have gotten them out a long time ago. She is mainly about the money but it doesn't hurt to here what she's got to say.

Hey, can you tell me more about julie? I have a family member who met with her and she said it's going to cost 7,500 to help them and that she'll apply for a waiver for them and if it doesn't work, she'll go to court in the US for their case. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, 0725 said:

Hey, can you tell me more about julie? I have a family member who met with her and she said it's going to cost 7,500 to help them and that she'll apply for a waiver for them and if it doesn't work, she'll go to court in the US for their case. 

Don't waste your money. That process of filing the waiver, filing a law suit and all that, if it even works, will take months.The Supreme Court will rule in June on the travel ban so I would just wait.

Timeline
18 hours ago, 0725 said:

I know allot of people who are with her and she hasn't done anything good for them. The thing with julie is she's got hundreds of cases so there's little chance she will even do anything for you. H93 is right, waiting it out is the best option.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.