928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

US. Embassy in Djibouti updated their automatic reply for emails.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, which is an automated message.

Updated on 5 August, 2018
Thank you so much for your inquiry! If your inquiry is answered by the message below, you will not receive an individual response from U.S. Embassy Djibouti.
If you are contacting U.S. Embassy Djibouti about obtaining a WAIVER for Presidential Proclamation 9645 (PP 9645), please CAREFULLY read the following:
On May 1, 2018, Embassy Djibouti began to review the waiver eligibility of applicants whose visas were refused before May 1, 2018 to ensure all applicants had their waiver eligibility assessed consistent with our waiver criteria.  If your application was refused before May 1, 2018, there is nothing you need to do at this time.
For applicants whose visa applications were refused under PP 9645 after May 1, 2018 the refusal letter provided to you by the consular officer at the conclusion of your interview is still operative.  If the refusal letter indicated that a waiver will not be granted in your case, then that decision is final and the Embassy will not review your case further.  If the refusal letter indicated that a consular officer is reviewing your eligibility for a waiver, then the Embassy will notify you when its review is complete.
If we require additional information, we will contact you.
If we determine that you are eligible for a waiver, we will contact you.
Check your case status in the CEAC at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx for the most up-to-date information available on your case.  During the entire duration of the waiver eligibility assessment, your CEAC will indicate that your visa application has been refused but it is undergoing necessary “administrative processing.”

Please do not request updates from Embassy Djibouti to inquire about the status of either your waiver eligibility assessment or administrative processing.  Given the volume of applications processed by Embassy Djibouti, requests for updates, to which we cannot provide a meaningful response, slow down our ability to complete waiver eligibility review for other applicants.

We cannot estimate how long the waiver review will take.  You do not need to remain in Djibouti while we review your waiver eligibility.  If there are any changes to your contact information, including your phone number or email address, please email consulardjibouti@state.gov<mailto:consulardjibouti@state.gov> with this information.  In the subject line, include your case number and write UPDATED CONTACT INFORMATION.

Comment on Medical Examinations
Medical examinations are valid for six months.  In the event that a waiver is approved, and you need a new medical exam, we will contact you.  If you have already completed one, you will not be permitted to complete another until Embassy Djibouti notifies you that it needs a new medical exam on file.
We do understand your eagerness and greatly appreciate your patience.
Sincerely,
U.S. Embassy Djibouti

Timeline

Asalam Alkium..My wife got her approval letter back in October 2017.Today we received email about the wavier reconsideration.Is there any updates registering  the wavier consideration process? 

Timeline

I had a friend today go to DR. NICOLAS GEORGALIS office in djibouti to check the new list for re-examination.I been told that there is no list to be shown since the pervious list that was passed around showed the case numbers.However you can have someone go to their clinic with petitioner and beneficiary first and last name and the case number. The clinic will then call the embassy and see if your name appears on the list. If anybody has any other information please share

Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, jahmiiiiiiiiiii said:

Asalam Alkium..My wife got her approval letter back in October 2017.Today we received email about the wavier reconsideration.Is there any updates registering  the wavier consideration process? 

Mabruk. Is it the same email as the one I got? They didn't really specify for anything except that I would be contacted shortly by them.

6 hours ago, Mohsen12 said:

You know I just don’t understand how come they are giving people emails to renew their medical exam for people who had their interview appointment after people who had their interview on June or May. I hope you understand what I mean. ان شاء الله تنفرج لا كل جميع. 

Could you help me understand what is happening here? Is it that they are giving visas to people who interviewed in 2018 without AP or waiver now? Or are these people who interviewed in 2017 before ban went into effect?

Timeline

The email the embassy is sending out seems like anyone who interviewed before May 2018, whether they got a denial notice or waiver email, have hope and they will review their case again. 

“On May 1, 2018, Embassy Djibouti began to review the waiver eligibility of applicants whose visas were refused before May 1, 2018 to ensure all applicants had their waiver eligibility assessed consistent with our waiver criteria.  If your application was refused before May 1, 2018, there is nothing you need to do at this time.” 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

If they’re reviewing your denied case, will it update on CEAC or will it still say refused on x-x-2018? I have a family members whose case was refused in march, and were trying to figure out if she’s eligible for a waiver. Any idea how to go about doing so? the email that’s on the case is another person who was helping them before but we haven’t been able to get in touch with him so we don’t know if she has been sent the email or not.

her US citizen spouse is sponsoring her and her 2 kids have US passports but her visa was refused still.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, 0725 said:

If they’re reviewing your denied case, will it update on CEAC or will it still say refused on x-x-2018? I have a family members whose case was refused in march, and were trying to figure out if she’s eligible for a waiver. Any idea how to go about doing so? the email that’s on the case is another person who was helping them before but we haven’t been able to get in touch with him so we don’t know if she has been sent the email or not.

her US citizen spouse is sponsoring her and her 2 kids have US passports but her visa was refused still.

Their status won’t change until they issue the visa. 

I have family who have gotten that waiver email and only one them were asked to go redo their medical so a visa can be issued. But yeah you definitely need to email the embassy and tell them that the email address listed is no longer in use, because that’s how they tell you about the waiver consideration.

22 hours ago, H93 said:

Their status won’t change until they issue the visa. 

I have family who have gotten that waiver email and only one them were asked to go redo their medical so a visa can be issued. But yeah you definitely need to email the embassy and tell them that the email address listed is no longer in use, because that’s how they tell you about the waiver consideration.

The ones that got email to redo medical - when were they interviewed? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.