Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 9/7/2018 at 2:32 AM, mado1983 said:

if you read my posts actually they are three 

2 men 

1 lady with her child

I understand everything you are claiming.It’s not enough information to back up your claims. I’ve been in Djibouti for 13 months. Anyone that has received the visa here are under these conditions.Being elderly person... Medical issues...Julie’s first lawsuit..Being on the list that was given from the embassy to redo medical exams...Besides that I haven’t heard anyone just getting a visa like that....I’ve been under administrative processing since October 2017....

On the other hand my neighbor that Was included on thefiest  list to redo the medical..Did his medical exam 16 days ago for his wife..His kids already have the American passports since Sanaa 2006.She hasn’t received anything from the embassy yet.

JAK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
6 hours ago, jahmiiiiiiiiiii said:

I understand everything you are claiming.It’s not enough information to back up your claims. I’ve been in Djibouti for 13 months. Anyone that has received the visa here are under these conditions.Being elderly person... Medical issues...Julie’s first lawsuit..Being on the list that was given from the embassy to redo medical exams...Besides that I haven’t heard anyone just getting a visa like that....I’ve been under administrative processing since October 2017....

On the other hand my neighbor that Was included on thefiest  list to redo the medical..Did his medical exam 16 days ago for his wife..His kids already have the American passports since Sanaa 2006.She hasn’t received anything from the embassy yet.

JAK

first i dont need to back up anything because i know what i saw and what i spoke with now its up to you to take my words or not

you said you are in Djibout.i do you live in the embassy back yard or something you are checking every passport or you meet every one has an interview there

since may there is around 250 immigrate visa been issued to Yemnies have you met them ????

a lady she has a kids  since 2006 why would she not here in the us from long time ago ??

Timeline

Does does anyone know what’s going on with Julie’s lawsuit?

We were told it applies to everyone who got an approval before the ban went into effect even if they didn’t apply with her or pay her for it. Anyone know if this is true?

Update on my family members in Djbouti:

Mom and son interviewed in November 2017 before the ban and got approval notices.

Son’s name was on the list released by the embassy to redo the medical. He did and got his visa approximately 10 days after.

Mother was told by the councilor to wait some more for hers, she will get it but it’s gonna take a little more time that her son’s visa did. It’s been 2 weeks, still nothing. 

Timeline
On 9/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, H93 said:

Does does anyone know what’s going on with Julie’s lawsuit?

We were told it applies to everyone who got an approval before the ban went into effect even if they didn’t apply with her or pay her for it. Anyone know if this is true?

Update on my family members in Djbouti:

Mom and son interviewed in November 2017 before the ban and got approval notices.

Son’s name was on the list released by the embassy to redo the medical. He did and got his visa approximately 10 days after.

Mother was told by the councilor to wait some more for hers, she will get it but it’s gonna take a little more time that her son’s visa did. It’s been 2 weeks, still nothing. 

I also have a family who redid their medical but still haven't gotten their visas. It's been about 3 weeks for them. I also got an email today for different family members to redo their medical exam this month. What frustrates me is all my family members have been getting emails to redo their medical but my wife hasn't gotten anything yet. 

I'd also like to ask if anyone has the court case number Julie filed. I wanna see if she included my wife in the case.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shamwow said:

I also have a family who redid their medical but still haven't gotten their visas. It's been about 3 weeks for them. I also got an email today for different family members to redo their medical exam this month. What frustrates me is all my family members have been getting emails to redo their medical but my wife hasn't gotten anything yet. 

I'd also like to ask if anyone has the court case number Julie filed. I wanna see if she included my wife in the case.

From what I know Julie only used a few names in the case but apparently if the judge rules with them it means it applies to everyone who got an approval notice before the ban went into effect. You can ask maktab marhaba to be sure because this is just heresay.

Timeline

Today all clinics In Djibouti are accepting all re examinations without names being on the lists.

The only thing needed are passport,passport copy,6 passport pictures and DS-260.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, mado1983 said:

i have no idea of that one of them told me he interviewed in early march and he got his visa in first week of august ... the another guy i met in salat al aid interviewed in April he got it in early august both of them IR-1

wow thats good news i am a somalian passport holder  i had my interview  end of april  in uae embassy  my last update was on july saying  its under administration  process after seeing this  am just hoping for the best  and everyone else

Timeline

My Aunt got an email 2 weeks ago to redo her medical. She got the waiver but her 5 kids didn't. So if she goes to Djibouti she can get the visa but her kids have to wait. What kind of messed up system does that. The kids are included in her same case number also.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shamwow said:

My Aunt got an email 2 weeks ago to redo her medical. She got the waiver but her 5 kids didn't. So if she goes to Djibouti she can get the visa but her kids have to wait. What kind of messed up system does that. The kids are included in her same case number also.

Her kids didn’t even get an email saying they are reviewing their eligibility for a waiver?

Timeline
8 hours ago, H93 said:

Her kids didn’t even get an email saying they are reviewing their eligibility for a waiver?

They said they weren't sure how long it would take and they're in AP. Oldest kid is 11.

does anyone know how long it takes to get the waiver after they send you an email saying reviewing eligibility for a waiver?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shamwow said:

They said they weren't sure how long it would take and they're in AP. Oldest kid is 11.

does anyone know how long it takes to get the waiver after they send you an email saying reviewing eligibility for a waiver?

i know if the age 15 or less they dont need a waiver at all thats really wierd

Edited by mado1983

Timeline

Today at the US embassy in Djibouti over 40+  people turned In their passports after receiving phone calls yesterday.Majority of them completed the medical re examination about 1 month ago.

Yes I was there to see it with my own 2 eyes.

JAK

1 hour ago, jahmiiiiiiiiiii said:

Today at the US embassy in Djibouti over 40+  people turned In their passports after receiving phone calls yesterday.Majority of them completed the medical re examination about 1 month ago.

Yes I was there to see it with my own 2 eyes.

JAK

are they about to get their visas 

Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 6:47 AM, Shamwow said:

For a few of my family members, they got that waiver consideration email back in end of May/beginning of June and one of them (17 year old) was told to redo medical, dropped off his passport and already received his visa about 10 days ago and the other has redone the medical and waiting for them to tell her to drop off her passport. 

The visas they’re giving out don’t expire fast like before so inshallah the kids get their visas soon so they can come in with the mother. Alhamdullah there’s hope for everyone because. I honestly thought that’s it, they’re not giving anyone anything. Sure it’s takes way longer but there’s hope at the end of the tunnel.

44 minutes ago, simplykay said:

are they about to get their visas 

Yes, they ask for passports to print visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.