928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

It's looking like 2 months of wait time from case complete to interview. I urge those who have case complete to make travel arrangements to djbouti before you have an appointment because it is very difficult to find a flight. My family members interview is on Oct. 3 and she still has not found a flight out of Yemen and might very well likely miss the 2 week mark to do her medical therefore have to reschedule her interview.

1 hour ago, H93 said:

It's looking like 2 months of wait time from case complete to interview. I urge those who have case complete to make travel arrangements to djbouti before you have an appointment because it is very difficult to find a flight. My family members interview is on Oct. 3 and she still has not found a flight out of Yemen and might very well likely miss the 2 week mark to do her medical therefore have to reschedule her interview.

When was your cc?

When did they schedule her appointment?

Can they go to djibouti without letter of interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dream2017 said:

When was your cc?

When did they schedule her appointment?

Can they go to djibouti without letter of interview?

Case complete June 14

Interview notice august 30

interview date October 3

I should rephrase and say it's 2 months from case complete to when they schedule an interview.

Yes, anyone can go to djbouti.

Timeline
On 9/7/2017 at 8:17 PM, Shamwow said:

Medical has to be done at least 2 weeks before interview. If you don't do it, they won't call your name during your interview day. It's been 2 weeks since my interview day and they still haven't given me a notice about another interview. Is anyone in the same predicament?

Who told you that the medical has to be done 2 weeks before?

And how long did it take you to do the medical? Did they give you the packet or they send it to the interview?

47 minutes ago, H93 said:

Who told you that the medical has to be done 2 weeks before?

And how long did it take you to do the medical? Did they give you the packet or they send it to the interview?

I got copied these info from the automated email from u.s embassy at Djibouti. I thought they might answer ur questions 

Urgent Notice:  The U.S. Embassy in Djibouti is aware that applicants scheduled by the National Visa Center for interviews in Djibouti are having difficulty leaving Yemen and/or entering Djibouti due to the cholera outbreak in Yemen. There is no need to write to the National Visa Center, ConsularDjibouti or your Congress member requesting that your case be rescheduled. In addition, you should NOT have someone in Djibouti place a written request to reschedule a case in the embassy's consular dropbox as this delays visa processing for applicants who have already been interviewed and must provide additional documentation.

The Embassy in Djibouti reschedules cases first-come, first-serve when a medical exam has finally been completed in Djibouti. Nothing else but a medical exam will trigger the rescheduling of case, so please do not call, email, or write. Instead, complete a medical exam by evidencing a DS-260 confirmation at a panel physician location in Djibouti. We will contact you to schedule an interview within a week of receiving the medical exam.

Do NOT make a rash or unwise travel decision that will jeopardize your family's safety in order to arrive in time for a visa appointment in Djibouti. Both panel physician sites in Djibouti have abundant appointment availability and are currently completing medicals within a week of an applicant's arrival to Djibouti. In addition, the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti is currently scheduling cases within a week of receipt of the medical exam, so the maximum wait time from arrival in Djibouti to interview is currently two weeks.

Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, Dream2017 said:

How long is it going  take to get interview after cc? 

I have not heard anyone in these last month or two news of people getting interviews at Djibouti.  

My family member got a interview scheduled in late august for October so yes people are still getting interviews.

Anyone who was waiting got their visas yet?

19 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

Does the new travel restrictions apply to anyone petitioning for a spouse?

yes, this time is ban for all immigrants, parents, spouse, children...etc.. there are few exceptions "case-by-case" and it is not clear what does that even means. let us pray for courts to challenge the new restrictions . 

Timeline
On 9/25/2017 at 1:23 PM, ruby12345 said:

Does the new travel restrictions apply to anyone petitioning for a spouse?

Today’s I heard more news that there is a lot of ppl got an interview in Djibouti to November 

these are so good news 

which means that the new restrictions don’t apply and no effect for the current papers work that’s at Nvc or that’s at USCIS

8 hours ago, Sal12345 said:

Today’s I heard more news that there is a lot of ppl got an interview in Djibouti to November 

these are so good news 

which means that the new restrictions don’t apply and no effect for the current papers work that’s at Nvc or that’s at USCIS

Do u know when theiry cc for those who got interviews?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.