3,010 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

I wish so am a March 2017 filer csc, still waiting my dear

I am sorry. CSC is really backed up. What I don't understand is if the backlog is 12months+ and for CSC is 18months+ why do they even bother to send 1 year extention? they would have saved tons of manpower hours from the i-551stamp!!

I wish and pray all the CSC filers get their approval soon.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:46 PM, Smelserjl said:

Thanks for the congrats! Any thoughts on how much time usually passes between the notification online and GC in hand? Seems like some folks don't even get the paper approval--just the GC!

Congrats! My I-751 status was changed to approved on my.uscis.gov on Mar 8 and I received approval letter on Mar 10. My  status was changed to approved on egov.uscis.gov on March 25th that is 2 weeks after I had received my approval letter. I haven't received my GC yet.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, SMB22 said:

I will definitely send them the new mortgage and utility bills, as well as updated statements from out joint bank accounts, but other than that I am really not sure what else I could send them. Thank you!

It may sound overkill but I am listing out what I did and my case is approved. I sent joint check account statements, utility bills for all months for last 2 years instead of randomly picking for few months. If you are paying your individual credit card bills or other personal bills from joint checking/saving account or your paycheck is direct deposited in them then highlight them and also mention them in cover letter. There ton of other things but I guess they are more interested in shared finances so try to highlight them. Just my 2 cents!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/28/2018 at 12:03 PM, boosbear said:

Well they said if you didn’t hear by 3-28 to send an inquiry & this is the reply I got. So frustrated. 😢 my husband’s extension letter will expire 4-28-18. 

4EF4C41F-3B0E-4DD1-A38D-56675D447A68.jpeg

I'm on the same page.  DHS website also told us to make a Case inquiry if we haven't received a Notice by mail on 3/28/2018.  So I called instead and got an automatic response saying that we need to wait 180 days from 2/27/2018 in order to make a case inquiry.  

I guess USCIS have a 15 month processing windows at VSC now.

49 minutes ago, bonyari said:

I'm on the same page.  DHS website also told us to make a Case inquiry if we haven't received a Notice by mail on 3/28/2018.  So I called instead and got an automatic response saying that we need to wait 180 days from 2/27/2018 in order to make a case inquiry.  

It’s terrible....thanks for sharing & here’s to us all getting approval letters soon! 

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 hours ago, ZA_US said:

Thanks! My extension letter has actually expired, it is the date on the card that is coming up - so I assume I will be fine then. From what I understand, the letter extends the date on the card but most people aren't aware of this.

Did they take your expired greencard from you?

I was told that you don't need to get the extension stamp if you don't go outside of the country or don't have to work.  
So, get the stamp if you need to travel outside of US or need to show your employer that your gc is valid.

About expired GC, I would make a wild guess that it should be ok, since we actually don't have to get the extension anyway.

For our case, I would do it anyway to have a peace of mind and have a legal document stating that status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmm...this is coming in the mail today. I dont see the Statue of Liberty on the paper...could it be an RFE even though the DHS website says we were approved?

pic.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In my opinion, things have gotten out of hand. If you all put in your petitions in March 2017, there should be a decision by now I just cannot understand how some people are waiting so much longer than others.

This living with my wife in her home country and the length of time to get a decision is distasteful.  All this federal politics involved with you life is in the hands of strangers has so much to be desired.

The whole process is exhausting and the people they call USCIS customer services could not give us a decent response to a simple question. I will check back in a couple of months if I get no news.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Smelserjl said:

Hmm...this is coming in the mail today. I dont see the Statue of Liberty on the paper...could it be an RFE even though the DHS website says we were approved?

pic.jpg

I hope it a letter confirming your approval? 

10 minutes ago, Smelserjl said:

pic.jpg

I guess it has to do with your N400 application.

1 hour ago, Smelserjl said:

pic.jpg

It doesn't look like a RFE. I got an RFE letter and it showed RE + VSC address.  Yours doesn't say that and It's not coming from VSC. Probably something to do with your N-400 if you filed for that? Like @Grateful Soul said. 

@Manc73 My question from yesterday, I meant when did you file for ROC ? Mine is 3/24/2017

Edited by AnGeLxX

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnGeLxX said:

It doesn't look like a RFE. I got an RFE letter and it showed RE + VSC address.  Yours doesn't say that and It's not coming from VSC. Probably something to do with your N-400 if you filed for that? Like @Grateful Soul said. 

@Manc73 My question from yesterday, I meant when did you file for ROC ? Mine is 3/24/2017

My date was 3/17/2017

4 hours ago, bonyari said:

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

You guys selected the wrong option, that's why that page is appearing.

6 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

Thanks I fixed it weds evening. They received inquiry & stated we’d hear by 4-19

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

Good point. I submitted another inquiry under the right category. 

One of the boxes to be filled for this inquiry is "Provide Last Action on Your Case", and this made me think... I've sent the divorce documents in Nov, 2017 (I divorced after filing I-751), and I haven't received any notification from USCIS. I wonder if they ever received it or not. I hope it won't be a big deal...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.