3,010 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

VSC is approving applicants within a year and I will not be surprised to see May-2017 applicants gets approved in few weeks. 

We were at 1 year 3-17....still saying they rec’d paperwork 2-26, no updates. This waiting is killing me :(

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We just submitted N-400 today--our first day of eligibility. I hope this is the last thing we submit and somehow, I hope this speeds up the GC approval. What a ride! I feel like an expert on immigration processes!!!

2 hours ago, boosbear said:

We were at 1 year 3-17....still saying they rec’d paperwork 2-26, no updates. This waiting is killing me :(

1 year and 6 days. :jest:. Good luck with your waiting. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I just came back from vacation to an approval letter. ^_^ Very relieved that this part is over without RFE or interview. I made an InfoPass appointment for the passport stamp a few weeks back but it got rescheduled due to the winter storms and then I couldn't go to the new date so I just haven't gone. Scheduling for the NYC Field Office is kind of a nightmare, it's log in at exactly midnight and hopefully get an appointment 14 days out or nothing. For anyone wondering, you won't be out of status if you don't. I would however like some proof of my status (something better than the expired GC and letter we've all had for the past year) so I hope the GC comes soon. The approval letter says they will send it within 60 days, which seems a little long.

By the way, the online case trackers are taking a while to show updates. My approval letter has a date of 3/19 and the system(s) didn't update until 3/23. Never mind that I was signed up to get automatic case updates on email and mobile, those came today 3/26 (haha). I did get all those fake local office transfer updates but my approval letter came from VSC so no transfer.

When March filers started getting approved in February I thought I was closer to approval so I didn't end up filing for naturalization yet (in case that triggered a transfer or anything that would slow it down being that close to a decision). VSC is definitely not working in order and still taking more than one year for many cases. Maybe I should have filed, but at this point I don't mind dealing with one thing at a time. I'm going to take a week and gather documents one last time, and try to file around the first week of April. Hopefully it doesn't take another year... very happy to have lifted conditions right now but still so ready to be done with all this. :rolleyes:

CR-1 (Argentina): April 2014 to March 2015.

ROC (VSC): March 2017 to March 2018.

USCIS
04/02/2014 I-130 NOA1 (NSC)
08/14/2014 I-130 Transferred to CSC
09/05/2014 I-130 NOA2 (day 157)

NVC
09/17/2014 NVC received
09/26/2014 Case number, IIN and BIN assigned
09/30/2014 AOS and IV fees invoiced and paid
10/01/2014 Submitted DS-260
10/21/2014 Sent AOS and IV packages
10/23/2014 Documents received (according to email from NVC)
10/24/2014 AOS and IV packages scanned / FALSE checklist (DS-260 reviewed)
11/25/2014 Medical exam done
12/29/2014 Case complete (day 272)

EMBASSY
02/19/2015 Interview in Buenos Aires, Argentina - APPROVED! (day 324)
02/24/2015 CEAC status changed to ISSUED
03/05/2015 Visa in hand! (day 338)

03/05/2015 USCIS Immigrant Fee paid / ELIS "Optimized"
03/16/2015 POE @ JFK! (day 349)

04/07/2015 USCIS ELIS status update

04/15/2015 Green card is being produced

04/21/2015 Green card was mailed / ELIS "Closed"

04/23/2015 Green card in hand! All done until December 2016!

ROC

03/07/2017 I-751 Package delivered (VSC)

03/08/2017 I-751 NOA1

03/25/2017 Biometrics letter in the mail

04/03/2017 Biometrics appointment (day 28)

03/19/2018 I-751 NOA2 (day 378)

N-400

03/16/2020 Filed

02/11/2021 Biometrics reuse notice

19 minutes ago, S. & A. said:

I just came back from vacation to an approval letter. ^_^ 

Congratulations!! 

US Passport Application

Routine service

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I tried making an infopass appointment to get an extension and it says no appointments available? Try again tomorrow. Last time I had to make an appointment there were so many time slots and dates available and now it says none available for the next 14 days?!?!

Did they slash the DHS budget or what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, dp1987 said:

I tried making an infopass appointment to get an extension and it says no appointments available? Try again tomorrow. Last time I had to make an appointment there were so many time slots and dates available and now it says none available for the next 14 days?!?!

Did they slash the DHS budget or what?

You have to check randomly throughout the day. They fill up fast and people drop their appointments too.

Here is a new webpage about the processing times at VSC and CSC.  https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-webpage-share-more-accurate-processing-times  

Vermont: 12 to 15.5 months

California: 17.5 to 19 months

US Passport Application

Routine service

46 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Here is a new webpage about the processing times at VSC and CSC.  https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-webpage-share-more-accurate-processing-times  

Vermont: 12 to 15.5 months

California: 17.5 to 19 months

It was in October, now with this page, CSC processing time date back to September 2016 :(

Edited by tiffynets

I got an update this morning, hopefully it won't be long now.  

20180326_124239.png

US Passport Application

Routine service

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, boosbear said:

Hi, I hope you get your approval letter before this month ends. 

4 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

1 year and 6 days. :jest:. Good luck with your waiting. 

28 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi, I hope you get your approval letter before this month ends. 

Thank you me too!  Good luck to everyone! 😃

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, boosbear said:

Thank you me too!  Good luck to everyone! 😃

You are welcome. If you don't get any response from VSC in next few weeks I would suggest you call them, regards. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 hours ago, Manc73 said:

Get your new passport and get the I-551 stamp without question.

I got my new -I-551 stamp today for another year only to find out case was sent to my local office. What does that mean?

I received my original notice in March 2017, then they moved my case to my local office in February 2018, does this mean I will have to wait another year to get approved or not :(

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number

February 25, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

February 26, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

March 17, 2017

We received your case

Read the notice we mailed you for more information about how we will process your case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.