3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, KimberleyVDB said:

For anyone still waiting on their EAD especially. I just talked to an officer on the phone. Because of the amount of application they've been getting over the last two years, the process takes a little longer. If you do an SR and you get it's under review this means someone is (finally) working on your case. 

I think, but this is solely my opinion that we might need to ad an extra 30 days to the count so we don't keep panicking. So I'm going to (try to)be patient and wait until I hit that 120 mark and than I'll bug them again. Hopefully I won't have to. 

Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend who knows what next week will bring. I'm going to enjoy my stepdaughters 15th birthday!

I agree with the new estimate but I'd say that there is a lot of variance as many April and May filers are getting EAD.

This works both ways but I hope for everyone to get their ead early!

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

2 hours ago, arc1993 said:

Same here.. day 99. Placed SR and expedite request. I didn't even get a request for evidence for expedite. I just got an email saying it is under review :(

How did you do the expedite request? I called yesterday to do that since I am on Day 131 and the lady said that once you are pass the 90 days that you can't do a expedite request anymore bc expedite is to make the processing go faster when you are within normal processing times. She said since I am beyond normal processing times it wouldn't do anything 

11 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

How did you do the expedite request? I called yesterday to do that since I am on Day 131 and the lady said that once you are pass the 90 days that you can't do a expedite request anymore bc expedite is to make the processing go faster when you are within normal processing times. She said since I am beyond normal processing times it wouldn't do anything 

I did it on day 90. But I don't think it will help me since I didn't get the email asking to fax the proof.

6 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Seriously, after like a few hours after I talked to a tier 2 officer I got an email saying my card (EAD) is in production. 

:dancing:

When I just came to terms with waiting. So when I read it I most admit I almost started crying. :D

Congrats! I talked to a tear to a tier 2 officer on Wednesday but no help... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Seriously, after like a few hours after I talked to a tier 2 officer I got an email saying my card (EAD) is in production. 

:dancing:

When I just came to terms with waiting. So when I read it I most admit I almost started crying. :D

wow that's some good karma for you... you tried to help others by making the 120 day rule and God helped you out... congrats on your EAD card...

Edited by nikaero

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, KimberleyVDB said:

For anyone still waiting on their EAD especially. I just talked to an officer on the phone. Because of the amount of application they've been getting over the last two years, the process takes a little longer. If you do an SR and you get it's under review this means someone is (finally) working on your case. 

I think, but this is solely my opinion that we might need to ad an extra 30 days to the count so we don't keep panicking. So I'm going to (try to)be patient and wait until I hit that 120 mark and than I'll bug them again. Hopefully I won't have to. 

Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend who knows what next week will bring. I'm going to enjoy my stepdaughters 15th birthday!

I called into the service number too today and spoke to an officer. They are still working on applications for EADs in January so depending on your part of the country, it's them being late, not anything else.

I am patiently waiting as well for my wife's EAD and AP.

I did manage to put in a service request...

31 minutes ago, nikaero said:

wow that's some good karma for you... you tried to help others by making the 120 day rule and God helped you out... congrats on your EAD card...

Thank you! I'm a big believer in Karma. It was just so weird. After talking to the officer and him explaining to me that for the last 2 years the workload has increased and he understands how important this is for us, I just had this calm feeling coming over me. And I just thought, you know what let's approach this in a different way. 

I know everybody is anxious about getting their EAD or GC and the wait is challenging. But we all are going to get there eventually. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Thank you! I'm a big believer in Karma. It was just so weird. After talking to the officer and him explaining to me that for the last 2 years the workload has increased and he understands how important this is for us, I just had this calm feeling coming over me. And I just thought, you know what let's approach this in a different way. 

I know everybody is anxious about getting their EAD or GC and the wait is challenging. But we all are going to get there eventually. 

that's a good attitude to have in life in general... now the next wait begins for the interview right?

I've got 25 days till my interview... I think I'm prepared but still worry about missing some simple thing because i thought i had everything i need already...

Edited by nikaero

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

16 minutes ago, nikaero said:

that's a good attitude to have in life in general... now the next wait begins for the interview right?

I've got 25 days till my interview... I think I'm prepared but still worry about missing some simple thing because i thought i had everything i need already...

I don't know. I'm adjusting from a K1 visa, there is a change I get a waiver. But yeah my greencard is the next wait. I hope I'll have it before December. We've got a cruise as a gift and we're getting close to have to go and do that. We want to take my stepdaughter with us and she can only go when she has her Christmas break. So we'll see. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, KimberleyVDB said:

I don't know. I'm adjusting from a K1 visa, there is a change I get a waiver. But yeah my greencard is the next wait. I hope I'll have it before December. We've got a cruise as a gift and we're getting close to have to go and do that. We want to take my stepdaughter with us and she can only go when she has her Christmas break. So we'll see. 

fingers crossed hopefully it wont be that long a wait but i read somewhere on this forum that if you get the interview waived its a slightly longer wait... but like everything else it mostly depends on luck... either way hope and pray you get to enjoy Christmas with your family as a full permanent resident...

Timeline so far:

1 hour ago, britontherun said:

I called into the service number too today and spoke to an officer. They are still working on applications for EADs in January so depending on your part of the country, it's them being late, not anything else.

I already put in 2 service requests. I only got an email back saying my case was in review, and I kinda wanted to know what that meant to them and /or if anything was wrong with my case. So that's what I told them. And than they looked into everything. I have a feeling that those timelines on the site aren't always correct. Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

1 hour ago, britontherun said:

Haha I've had this conversation before with one of the people from that line. They are saying that they are working on cases from January because they are just reading each answer off of their screen. The processing times are from the official USCIS website. What they don't take into account when they say that they are working on cases from January is that it says "as of April 30th". Since it is july now they are working on cases from March... not January. They just like to leave that info out. Everyone from the January Filers who still don't have their EAD have gotten RFIEs in March or April, sometimes even in May and are therefore not considered January Filers anymore. 

39 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

I already put in 2 service requests. I only got an email back saying my case was in review, and I kinda wanted to know what that meant to them and /or if anything was wrong with my case. So that's what I told them. And than they looked into everything. I have a feeling that those timelines on the site aren't always correct. Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

When I was talking to the IO on the phone he made clear that they are, even though they are IOs, just Customer representatives and can't actually do anything with the case... i think it was pure luck and good karma that after you called your status it switched to approved. 

When i called he said that he can see that I was supposed to get an answer to my service request today but that they still haven't seemed to look at it and that I need to call back Monday if I haven't gotten an update. I asked a bunch of questions to why/what/when and he always explained that he can't do much and can only say what he sees and that these IOs on the line don't do anything besides helping the customers with answers and putting service requests in. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.