3,975 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, emchappie said:

They aren't going to punish someone they don't even know, thats just silly..... and honestly I used to compare my timeline all the time to everyones, and it would frustrate me too, but bottom line is that no one knows how USCIS choose the order of what they process. Positivity and patience is key for this process. Your time will come :)

Of course I wasn't serious about the punishing part!! Haha 

yeah i know comparing is something I shouldn't do and I actually didn't bother about it until recently but it's also easy to say when you are well within the processing times and haven't been waiting for 113 days and have a job offer that might not be available anymore if I don't get that paper soon. You would think that in the 21st century USCIS would have a system that just pulls the oldest submitted application to get processed but they just seem to randomly seem to select people. 

I wish you all the best and I'm really hoping on seeing my approval this week as well.  😊

5 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Of course I wasn't serious about the punishing part!! Haha 

yeah i know comparing is something I shouldn't do and I actually didn't bother about it until recently but it's also easy to say when you are well within the processing times and haven't been waiting for 113 days and have a job offer that might not be available anymore if I don't get that paper soon. You would think that in the 21st century USCIS would have a system that just pulls the oldest submitted application to get processed but they just seem to randomly seem to select people. 

I wish you all the best and I'm really hoping on seeing my approval this week as well.  😊

if you have a job offer, why don't you use that and expidite your EAD?

Thank you for your wishes, and my thoughts are with you in hoping you get some positive news this week. 

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

8 minutes ago, emchappie said:

if you have a job offer, why don't you use that and expidite your EAD?

Thank you for your wishes, and my thoughts are with you in hoping you get some positive news this week. 

I called USCIS about it last Friday and let them transfer me to an IO and she said that since I have no co-sponsor but my husband is my main sponsor who makes enough money for the both of us and signed those papers I will not get an expedite approved based on a job offer (she pretty much said there's no way for me to expedite). 

I've known this though because I had looked into it before and there's been threads from the Jan and Feb AOS Filers who had the same problem (people without co-sponsor got their expedite refused). 

1 minute ago, Californiansunset said:

I called USCIS about it last Friday and let them transfer me to an IO and she said that since I have no co-sponsor but my husband is my main sponsor who makes enough money for the both of us and signed those papers I will not get an expedite approved based on a job offer (she pretty much said there's no way for me to expedite). 

I've known this though because I had looked into it before and there's been threads from the Jan and Feb AOS Filers who had the same problem (people without co-sponsor got their expedite refused). 

oh okay, yeah that makes sense. I'm sorry about that. Well hopefully you'll hear something soon

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

That is not true. My expedite request was accepted, and I have no co-sponsor. It all depends on your reason for expediting, and the call center representative that attends to you.

1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

I agree with @sherifkay... My husband is my main sponsor and I don't have any co-sponsor, but 5 working days after my expedition request, my case was approved

Submit a request to expedite and use the reason "financial loss" (not financial hardship), ask the congressman/congresswoman or senator of your district for help, and see what happens. The worst they can do is to process your case in the normal timeline...

42 minutes ago, sherifkay said:

That is not true. My expedite request was accepted, and I have no co-sponsor. It all depends on your reason for expediting, and the call center representative that attends to you.

Yeah someone in the February Forum said the same. For some reason some people still get approved. I even talked to a 2nd tier officer to ask about this and she comfirmed it. I wonder whether they make it then depend on how much your sponsor is making 🤔 I'll talk to the company tomorrow and see whether they can give me a letter and try to expedite it but I have the feeling that mine won't get approved since I always seem to be an exception. 😉

@lwlinda1208 Thanks for your guys' info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! May I ask how long does it usually take from the status to change from "card is being produced" to "card is being mailed to me"? Also, how long does it usually take for USPS to deliver it to the applicant? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Day 104. Still no update. I hope i wont need to wait till mid july. :D

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

42 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Yeah someone in the February Forum said the same. For some reason some people still get approved. I even talked to a 2nd tier officer to ask about this and she comfirmed it. I wonder whether they make it then depend on how much your sponsor is making 🤔 I'll talk to the company tomorrow and see whether they can give me a letter and try to expedite it but I have the feeling that mine won't get approved since I always seem to be an exception. 😉

@lwlinda1208 Thanks for your guys' info. 

Best of luck!!

42 minutes ago, Armmartz said:

Hi guys! May I ask how long does it usually take from the status to change from "card is being produced" to "card is being mailed to me"? Also, how long does it usually take for USPS to deliver it to the applicant? 

Based on my stalking of everyone else's timeline and my experience, 2-3 workdays for status change, and 3-5 days for delivery :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lwlinda1208 said:

Based on my stalking of everyone else's timeline and my experience, 2-3 workdays for status change, and 3-5 days for delivery :P

Hahaha I like the stalking part! Thank you! I hope it's the same for me :) 😝

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am very happy to say that the EAD/AP card is finally here in hand!!!! It has been a long journey but I'm so thankful to this site and thankful for all the positive people that have been motivating and encouraging from start to finish. It's amazing the progress that happened starting with the K1 and now EAD, in a time of a little over 1 year. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting. Love wins. God Bless!

Timeline:

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 3/25/17

Received: 3/28/17

Biometrics: 4/28/17

EAD/AP approval: 6/10/2017

EAD mailed: 6/13/17

Combo card received: 6/19/17

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.