3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Hi y'all!

I hope y'all are doing great!

I just found this forum and I can't explain how happy I am. These months has been so crazy full of new experiences and why not? lots of anxiety.

I want to wish everyone the best of the luck!

Does anybody has any news according to their cases? Specially the EAD (I can't bear another month in home lol)

Thank you and keep the positive!

17 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Just thought I'd pop by the forum to drop some positive vibes for anyone who needs them :) 

:star::star::star::star::star:

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen welcome on board and please hang in there, stay positive for you shall get a positive update soonest. Good luck.

@emchappie thanks a lot for stopping by. Highly needed and appreciated. Hope your job is getting on greatly. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

No updates on EAD yet. I guess they are not working on EAD this week. :( 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a status update "ready to schedule interview" yesterday morning.  I did not apply for advance parole or a work permit though, as I am retired and have no immediate plans to travel outside of the US.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:03 PM, PinkCandy said:

Update:

I received my EAD card today in the mail!

I'm sending lots and lots of positive vibes to everyone here!! 

Good luck to all of us! 

Hi pinkcandy, did USCIS update or notify you when they mailed your EAD ? Thanks :)

I applied for Expedited EAD for my husband on 4/3/17 and received mail letter instructions on where to fax proof. We did so and it was approved. My husband has had his combo card for over a month. I just (TODAY) got the email request for information dated for 4/3/17 with instructions on where to fax proof. I was happy to see an email from USCIS but it was just a very late false alarm. 😱

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Beehive said:

Hi pinkcandy, did USCIS update or notify you when they mailed your EAD ? Thanks :)

Hi, 

Yes they did. My status changed to "My card was mailed to me" from "We ordered your new card..."

Filed for concurrent I-130 / Adjustment of Status with EAD and AP: 

2017-03-07 - Lawyer mailed out the packet to Chicago Lockbox office ----- (I chose this as my DAY 1) 

2017-03-09 - Application packet was delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2017-03-10 - Priority Date for all cases  

2017-03-20 - USCIS cashed the check

2017-03-23 - Received four notices - I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131

2017-03-27 - Received email that they are sending an RFIE notice

2017-03-31 - Lawyer received the RFIE yellow notice 

2017-04-03 - Response to RFIE mailed out today

2017-04-05 - Response to RFIE was delivered to NBC, Lee's Summit, MO 

2017-04-07 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of the reply to RFIE 

2017-04-07 - Received biometric appointment letter in the mail 

2017-04-18 - Biometric appointment 

2017-05-17 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card..."

2017-05-19 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..."

2017-05-22 - Received approval notices for EAD and AP

2017-05-23 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2017-06-09 - Received email that interview is scheduled on July 12th

2017-07-12 - Interview day

2017-07-12 - Status changed to "We updated your name..." for my I-485 and I-130

2017-07-14 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card.." for my I-485

2017-07-17 - Received approval notice by mail for I-130

2017-07-18 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..." for my I-485

2017-07-20 - Received I-485 approval / Welcome Notice by mail 

2017-07-21 - Received greencard in the mail. --------- (DAY 137)

See you in ROC!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
1 hour ago, atuegwu said:

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen welcome on board and please hang in there, stay positive for you shall get a positive update soonest. Good luck.

@emchappie thanks a lot for stopping by. Highly needed and appreciated. Hope your job is getting on greatly. Good luck.

Thank you very much atuegwu! Have a good one and  keep the hopes up!

1 hour ago, DorothyLa said:

No updates on EAD yet. I guess they are not working on EAD this week. :( 

Hi DorothyLa! Let's be patient (I know the waiting can be crazy but it is a game of patience)

Hopefully we get updates soon. Memorial day is close so probably it will delay just a little bit more, so hang in there! Have a good day!

Just a last question guys, I have just checked my status online and this is what I got;

"I-485

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of April 7, 2017, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number M*********, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I-130

Case Was Received

On March 2, 2017, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number M*********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 1, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I-131

Case Was Received

On March 2, 2017, we received your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number M******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 1, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

What does it mean ? I haven't gotten any news from the EAD and AP, but the I-485 "It is ready for be scheduled for interview" and I am sort of confused

Any ideas?

Thank you guys in advance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, marmax said:

I got a status update "ready to schedule interview" yesterday morning.  I did not apply for advance parole or a work permit though, as I am retired and have no immediate plans to travel outside of the US.

I have the same situation but I did apply for I-130 and I-131.  I am kinda confused about it because I haven't gotten any news from the I-130 & I-31.

Any ideas?

Thank you, good luck and have a good day.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Thank you very much atuegwu! Have a good one and  keep the hopes up!

Hi DorothyLa! Let's be patient (I know the waiting can be crazy but it is a game of patience)

Hopefully we get updates soon. Memorial day is close so probably it will delay just a little bit more, so hang in there! Have a good day!

Just a last question guys, I have just checked my status online and this is what I got;

"I-485

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of April 7, 2017, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number M*********, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I-130

Case Was Received

On March 2, 2017, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number M*********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 1, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I-131

Case Was Received

On March 2, 2017, we received your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number M******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 1, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

What does it mean ? I haven't gotten any news from the EAD and AP, but the I-485 "It is ready for be scheduled for interview" and I am sort of confused

Any ideas?

Thank you guys in advance.

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen what this implies is that your case i-485 would be scheduled for interview any moment from the time it updated and if it comes faster, you may neither need the EAD nor the AP because this one supersedes. Your EAD/AP will also be updated soon as there is great movement among our set of filers. Hang in there and be positive. Good luck.

Timeline
3 hours ago, atuegwu said:

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen what this implies is that your case i-485 would be scheduled for interview any moment from the time it updated and if it comes faster, you may neither need the EAD nor the AP because this one supersedes. Your EAD/AP will also be updated soon as there is great movement among our set of filers. Hang in there and be positive. Good luck.

Thank you very much! That are great news! Have a great day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. I originally did not apply for the advance parole to travel but I am starting to regret. I thought I would get the green card by July but I am not sure about it . I would have to go back to Canada for a week around mid July. Is it too late to send the form in ? Is it going to affect my AOS and EAD by retarding them ? Thank you.(Applied on march 28, had bio on April 28 and I am adjusting from k1)

Ok it's day 63 for me and I've been good all this time. And trying to stay positive. At least in my opinion,my husband's might think differently though.. 😂 

I really hope I'm not the only one being obsessed with checking their stays on the USCIS site and/or app? I've settled it up to get emails and text messages but still need to check at least 3 times a day. Just in case. 😅And I also know that they don't update their site sometimes. I had that with my K1 visa. So the postman is eagerly awaited in this house too.. 😂 ow well just trying to see the humor in my craziness.

Hope everyone is having an amazing day! 

Case status changed to 'response to USCIS' request for evidence recieved'. Means they'll begin working on my case again, and just hope they accept my new evidence and carry on with the process. 

How long does it usually take for my case status to change to show whatever decision they make? 

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.