3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Our timelines are very similar, but no biometrics letter came for me yesterday. Hoping it will arrive early next week.

I remember you saying that 2 weeks ago. I tried to see if you had received yours and I couldn't find it. :/ I hope everything goes well and you receive it very soon! Happy easter. :)

5 minutes ago, Jessleb said:

I remember you saying that 2 weeks ago. I tried to see if you had received yours and I couldn't find it. :/ I hope everything goes well and you receive it very soon! Happy easter. :)

haha oh yes of course I've already told you our timelines are the same! there is so much that goes on in this forum its hard to keep up with everyones journey. It's nice to know there is a whole community of people going through the same thing though, and that everyone is there for each other. :)

yeah I didn't get my NOAs til Tuesday.... so I wasn't expecting my biometrics letter this week, just keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives next week :)

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got Biometric appointment mail yesterday.. and today i got RFIE today ask to fill up I-130A. Is anyone got like this?

Should I attach my information about myself, Tax return, Tax transcripts too?  Since i have working visa in US. 

My Green card Journey

3/15/17 Sent  AOS, EAD and AP  to Chicago Lockbox

3/16/17 Received Case 

3/30/17 Cashed Check 

4/1/17 Got NOA e-mails(4) and Texts(4)

4/7/17 Got NOA Hard copies via mails(4)

4/14/17  Biometrics Appointment letter

4/15/17 Got RFIE

4/17/17 sent RFIE and Biometrics done

4/19/17 USCIS received RFIE 

5/11/17 Case is ready to scheduled and interview. 

5/18/17 EAD New card is being produced. 

5/19/17 Expedite AP got approved due Severe financial loss situation 

5/23/17 Received Combo card in the mail (Day69)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Annloha said:

I got Biometric appointment mail yesterday.. and today i got RFIE today ask to fill up I-130A. Is anyone got like this?

Should I attach my information about myself, Tax return, Tax transcripts too?  Since i have working visa in US. 

@Annloha congratulations and so sad about the RFIE, I will suggest you add all those that will support the RFIE but making sure that the I-130A is at the top of the others. try and send it out as soon as you can. good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

got my biometrics appointment last April 11. It will be on April 24th. Kinda excited and I hope everything will be okay and no rfe.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kim&Gary said:

got my biometrics appointment last April 11. It will be on April 24th. Kinda excited and I hope everything will be okay and no rfe.

@Kim&Gary congratulations and good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any Canadian March AOS filers out there?   How about anyone in Texas?

Had my biometrics in Dallas on April 11th.  Trying to just get on with my life and not check on things too much.  I gather patience is the key word here in Texas.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, marmax said:

Any Canadian March AOS filers out there?   How about anyone in Texas?

Had my biometrics in Dallas on April 11th.  Trying to just get on with my life and not check on things too much.  I gather patience is the key word here in Texas.

Houston, TX here :) finally got my biometrics appointment letter- April 27th. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Houston, TX here :) finally got my biometrics appointment letter- April 27th. 

Houston Tx here too, I haven't got my Noa1 hard copies yet, is it normal? 3 weeks after they received the package? The texts and email said they received my cases and blah blah on 3rd of April and till now no hard copies ....

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings March filers.

Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail last week for our K1 AOS application..  My wife placed them into her purse. 

Yesterday her purse was stolen from the trunk of the car when we were on a hike. Fortunately, her passport was not in the purse. She is very discouraged about losing some papers that she had in the purse.

Will we need the paper I-797 for the AOS process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, wef said:

Greetings March filers.

Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail last week for our K1 AOS application..  My wife placed them into her purse. 

Yesterday her purse was stolen from the trunk of the car when we were on a hike. Fortunately, her passport was not in the purse. She is very discouraged about losing some papers that she had in the purse.

Will we need the paper I-797 for the AOS process?

No you won't need the K1 NOA1 , you will need the K1 NOA2 which is the notice of approval of your K1 petition . 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nin&Way said:

Houston Tx here too, I haven't got my Noa1 hard copies yet, is it normal? 3 weeks after they received the package? The texts and email said they received my cases and blah blah on 3rd of April and till now no hard copies ....

My texts came on 4/4- case received on 3/28 and received the hard copies last Monday or Tuesday. It takes a while, you should get them within next few days I think. And about a week later biometrics appointment letter. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi all,

Update: I received my biometrics appointment last week. The appointment is on 04/21/2017, Friday.

Furthermore, I have a question. I am doing AOS from F-1 status. I am graduating in August 2017 and plan to work thereafter. Since I just applied AOS in March 2017 what will be my status after my graduation since I will no longer have F-1 status? thanks in advance.

I-130 Timeline

09/28/2015 I-130 Sent

10/07/2015 I-130 NOA1

01/02/2016 I-130 NOA2 (I-130 approved)

02/25/2016 Received by NVC

05/11/2016 Received DS-261 and AOS invoice

AOS Timeline

03/10/2017 AOS, EAD, AP filed

03/20/2017 AOS, EAD, AP accepted.

03/26/2017 NOAs (3) received in mail.

04/07/2017 received biometrics appointment letter at ASC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ddddgggg.visa said:

Hi all,

Update: I received my biometrics appointment last week. The appointment is on 04/21/2017, Friday.

Furthermore, I have a question. I am doing AOS from F-1 status. I am graduating in August 2017 and plan to work thereafter. Since I just applied AOS in March 2017 what will be my status after my graduation since I will no longer have F-1 status? thanks in advance.

As long as your AOS is pending, you're in a period of authorized stay. As long as you have your EAD, you may start working after graduation. 

How a current pending AOS affects your F-1 status or if it affects it at all, that I do not know the answer to. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.