dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2017

557 posts in this topic

I did another I864 and included the 2016 tax return with recent W2's for my wife to take to the interview.  Probably wasn't necessary, but I sent it since I had filed my 2016 taxes already. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh God. Just received reply from the embassy regarding my employment-based case. Who also is employment based might be also interested in this info.

My embassy told me that as employment based visas are numerically limited (Visa Bulletins for each month are published to determine eligibility) NVC can not schedule interview till next Visa Bulletin is available.

That means that May interviews for employment based cases will probably be scheduled ONLY after NVC receives Visa Bulletin for May... And usually Visa Bulleting is published about 11th day of the preceding month. That means that they will start scheduling employment based May interviews only after April 11th or later... Oh My God!!!! Interview at thend of May?

But! If they fill all interview slots for May before April 11 what then? As they have family based that could be scheduled without Visa Bulletin.

Who else encountered this and how that really works.....?

Edited by AlexUA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, chel0524 said:

My husband had his interview today. Approved pending receipt of medical results.  So thankful that this process is almost over!

Ah congrats! Your visa won't be long! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Oh God. Just received reply from the embassy regarding my employment-based case. Who also is employment based might be also interested in this info.

My embassy told me that as employment based visas are numerically limited (Visa Bulletins for each month are published to determine eligibility) NVC can not schedule interview till next Visa Bulletin is available.

That means that May interviews for employment based cases will probably be scheduled ONLY after NVC receives Visa Bulletin for May... And usually Visa Bulleting is published about 11th day of the preceding month. That means that they will start scheduling employment based May interviews only after April 11th or later... Oh My God!!!! Interview at thend of May?

But! If they fill all interview slots for May before April 11 what then? As they have family based that could be scheduled without Visa Bulletin.

Who else encountered this and how that really works.....?

Small upd. Called NVC but they told "your case is current, just waiting for appointment date available". I don't know whom to beleive...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Small upd. Called NVC but they told "your case is current, just waiting for appointment date available". I don't know whom to beleive...

Depends on your country of birth. Pl look at the dates in visa bulletin in the following link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-april2017

EB-2 is current for Ukraine

Our CR-1 Journey:

06/17/2016 : NOA1 date

10/31/2016 : Transferred to Potomac Service Centre

11/30/2016 : Approved!

12/07/2016 : NVC Received

12/12/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

12/12/2016 : Submitted DS-261

12/13/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC

12/13/2016 : AOS fee invoiced & Paid

12/16/2016 : IV fee invoiced & Paid

12/20/2016 : Submitted DS-260

12/23/2016 : Delivered to NVC

12/28/2016 : Scan date

02/22/2017 : In review dept

03/07/2017 : Case Complete

04/28/2017 : Interview (Approved 🙂)

05/05/2017 : Visa on hand

05/15/2017 : Entered USA

Timeline
Just now, Raag said:

Depends on your country of birth. Pl look at the dates in visa bulletin in the following link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-april2017

EB-2 is current for Ukraine

Sure, exactly! It's current for April. But what the embassy told me (and what NVC doesn't confirm if they understood what I was talking about).. They told me that to schedule interview for May NVC needs to see May Visa Bulletin and NVC can not schedule May interview for me before they see this May Bulletin to confirm date will still be current.

That's why I was shocked.. As May Bulletin will be available only closer to mid-April. But may be the embassy is not right. NVC representative told me it's not a problem and my case is current. Don't know who is right.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Slution said:

Just arrived at Guangzhou, waiting for wife's interview in less than 9 hours. Hope everything goes smoothly, finger crossed.

Good luck

2 hours ago, Tamivy said:

CC March 8th... Still No interview 

@Ahmed & Amy Have you heard anything?

No not yet, I'm planning on calling them at their late hours.. about 11:00pm EST. I hope you get some good news this week. :) 

5 hours ago, chel0524 said:

My husband had his interview today. Approved pending receipt of medical results.  So thankful that this process is almost over!

Congratulations :dance: You guys will be together too soon. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Hi, I am also applying on employment based visa, Case Completed 2/28/2017 and still waiting for interview date. We called NVC today and the rep checked and said that there is available visas for me and my dependents (in our country of changeability) and we will just have to wait for our interview schedule. I hope we get the schedule for May within this week or next week.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Umari said:

Hi had my interview. Passport was returned with a 221g - administrative procession (AP). I know no one can tell how long it takes but just an approx. 

Awwww!!!do they tell you reason why they put you on AP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.