Track13

Missing shot records? Juarez medical

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiancé has his K-1 medical exam on March 8 with interview on March 10. We are worried about how he has been unable to locate his childhood shot records. He only has proof of a recent tetanus and flu shot. Is he going to have to pay to get every childhood shot simply because he can't find his shot records? We are trying to figure out how much this will cost for us. Please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Track13 This is the web-link for the Clinica Medica Internacional in Ciudad Juarez, one of the Consulate authorized facilities for the medical examination, with the cost broken out = http://clinicamedicainternacional.com.mx/en/vacunas/#more-406.

Edited by MXcompadre

Timeline
43 minutes ago, MXcompadre said:

Track13 This is the web-link for the Clinica Medica Internacional in Ciudad Juarez, one of the Consulate authorized facilities for the medical examination, with the cost broken out = http://clinicamedicainternacional.com.mx/en/vacunas/#more-406.

Right, we know the costs of the vaccines themselves, what we are trying to figure out is if they are going to make him get ALL of them even back to the baby shots because he doesn't have shot records on him. ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Does he have a family doctor or family clinic who could reconstruct the vaccination records?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

We are on the same boat!

my parents lost my cartilla de vacunación. You can get it again in the hospital were you got them, but there is no registry across the country of course, and mine would be located in Tamaulipas, and I live super far away. yay *sarcasm*

What I did was start getting the vaccines  ( I needed some for work anyway like Hepatitis and tetanus) and asked the doctor to write down that I had varicella when I was a kid. Maybe like Tbone said, you can get a doctor to say that you've had those vaccines applied by creating a new record. They might accept it or not, but it's worth a ''shot'' get it? get it? okay sorry. Moving on. 

I know how frustrating this can be, since having to get childhood vaccines seems excessive, and expensive!

from what I've read they only give you a few they deem necessary, but once you're in the U.S you have to get more. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Track 13. Can you please tell me as we are totally confused. My husband has his interview 4-17. We have his Med scheduled. He has no vaccination record. We received a list from our lawyer and from the Medical office in Juarez but it seems pretty extensive. did he have any record of previous vaccines?  When did you go there? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ruffant said:

Track 13. Can you please tell me as we are totally confused. My husband has his interview 4-17. We have his Med scheduled. He has no vaccination record. We received a list from our lawyer and from the Medical office in Juarez but it seems pretty extensive. did he have any record of previous vaccines?  When did you go there? 

Hi Ruffant!

We were SO CONFUSED about this as well. We tried obtaining his childhood shot records but his doctor from his childhood retired and was nowhere to be found! Call the medical clinic. They were helpful and said that he would just need the shots appropriate for his age bracket (the adult shots). Vaccinations are not required for K1 visa, but are for residency, so he went ahead and got the 2 shots they recommended. They then gave him a form with his shots that we believe will be valid for AOS. It says it expires in Sept. 2017 so we think it is usable. I guess we will know more once we file for AOS, if they make us go back for all the Hepatitis shots or not.

Edited by Track13
forgot info

Timeline

My spouse was in the same predicament, his parents had kept no documentation and/or 'cartella de Vacunacions'.  So our local MD General Practitioner suggested and recommended that he go to out local Centro de Salud and inquire as to whether he could obtain the required shots there.  Bingo!  We printed for the CDC website [en espanol] the list of mandatory immunization vaccinations required. and he received then there over a 5 week period for a very nominal fee.  He'll likewise take a printout of the CDC website listed shots for Immigration Visa applicants so that the CDJ clinic does not coerce him into paying for additional unnecessary vaccinations!   This is the CDC web-link information page.  We fly early GDL-CJS tomorrow, with the medical scheduled for 8:30AM Tuesday, and Biometrics appointment at 1:30PM, and a 7:15AM Wednesday Immigration Visa interview.  We are well prepared, thinking positively, and hopeful for a successful results!  Buen suerte todos.   

Timeline
7 hours ago, MXcompadre said:

My spouse was in the same predicament, his parents had kept no documentation and/or 'cartella de Vacunacions'.  So our local MD General Practitioner suggested and recommended that he go to out local Centro de Salud and inquire as to whether he could obtain the required shots there.  Bingo!  We printed for the CDC website [en espanol] the list of mandatory immunization vaccinations required. and he received then there over a 5 week period for a very nominal fee.  He'll likewise take a printout of the CDC website listed shots for Immigration Visa applicants so that the CDJ clinic does not coerce him into paying for additional unnecessary vaccinations!   This is the CDC web-link information page.  We fly early GDL-CJS tomorrow, with the medical scheduled for 8:30AM Tuesday, and Biometrics appointment at 1:30PM, and a 7:15AM Wednesday Immigration Visa interview.  We are well prepared, thinking positively, and hopeful for a successful results!  Buen suerte todos.   

Gooooood luck this week. Let us know how everything goes. We too will need all vaccinations and curious if what you did worked. Report back!!!!

Ho get em!!!!!

Timeline

tab4748 mil gracias! We arrived CJS this morning, got settled in at the La Quinta Inn & Suites, and are focused on his 8:30AM medical appointment at Clinica Medica Internacional, and Biometrics at 1:30PM tomorrow.  Earlier today scouted out area, and spent time at a Plaza Los Missiones, in area across from the Consulate.  Hit a special Benito Juarez nacional holiday sale at Liverpool, and a couple others stores.  We'll report back on the medical experience. Hasta pronto!

Edited by MXcompadre

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, MXcompadre said:

tab4748 mil gracias! We arrived CJS this morning, got settled in at the La Quinta Inn & Suites, and are focused on his 8:30AM medical appointment at Clinica Medica Internacional, and Biometrics at 1:30PM tomorrow.  Earlier today scouted out area, and spent time at a Plaza Los Missiones, in area across from the Consulate.  Hit a special Benito Juarez nacional holiday sale at Liverpool, and a couple others stores.  We'll report back on the medical experience. Hasta pronto!

@MXcompadre Buena suerte! Please keep us posted. We will be there as of April 6 and interview on April 10Th. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.