adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Just now, AaronManhattan said:

Agreed, I was feeling like they forgot about us... but I know the times can vary greatly depending on Field office... I know Manhattan is the slowest at the moment. We just passed the 19 month mark, hoping to get our notice around the 20-21 month mark.

We're waiting for AOS and Visa by Marriage (filed simultaneously), and it seems like the AOS slows things down a bit (but like you said, who knows).

Jacobzf, what's your PD date and filing location? We should keep each other informed.

I was talking specifically about Manhattan (I’m also a Manhattan filer).

I thought Brooklyn is the slowest one but who knows. My PD date is April 19th 2018. I was hoping that it’ll take 1.4 months at this point to get the interview notice but now it feels like it won’t happen anytime soon. I will def update here once something happens. 

1 hour ago, Jacobzf said:

I was talking specifically about Manhattan (I’m also a Manhattan filer).

I thought Brooklyn is the slowest one but who knows. My PD date is April 19th 2018. I was hoping that it’ll take 1.4 months at this point to get the interview notice but now it feels like it won’t happen anytime soon. I will def update here once something happens. 

Jacobzf, it seems like it has been taking about 18-22 months lately, but who knows, maybe it will speed up a bit. Fingers crossed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, AaronManhattan said:

Jacobzf, it seems like it has been taking about 18-22 months lately, but who knows, maybe it will speed up a bit. Fingers crossed.

Do you know about more people with similar PD to yours that are waiting for an interview notice?

1 hour ago, Jacobzf said:

Do you know about more people with similar PD to yours that are waiting for an interview notice?

Well, a few posts earlier somebody mentioned that their PD was Nov 9 2017 in Bronx and their interview was just scheduled.

I also saw that somebody's PD date was Dec 9 2017 and they're still waiting (not sure which borough they filed in though).

But 20 months does seem to be consistent with the other times posted recently. Waiting times for NYC on USCIS site now states 20-30 months though, so who knows...

8 hours ago, AaronManhattan said:

Laniakean, you filed in Manhattan 2/1/18 and received interview notification on 5/14/19? Luck you. Did you file I-485 and I-130 out of curiosity?

Yes, we filed I-485, I-130 and I-765. But I think I found the reason for the discrepancy between our timeline and a few other members here with an older PD. The Brooklyn field office was the one processing my application, not Manhattan (NYC). A few years ago, there was only NYC (7th floor) and Queens (8th floor) field offices, but now it seems they split it further into Brooklyn (8th floor), NYC (7th floor) and Queens (9th floor). 

Apologies for incorrectly stating which office had our case and if anyone needs to double check which office is processing their applications, the service areas by zip code can be found here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/field-office/field-office-state?state=NY&topic_id=1&lang=1125

Edited by Laniakean

32 minutes ago, Laniakean said:

Yes, we filed I-485, I-130 and I-765. But I think I found the reason for the discrepancy between our timeline and a few other members here with an older PD. The Brooklyn field office was the one processing my application, not Manhattan (NYC). A few years ago, there was only NYC (7th floor) and Queens (8th floor) field offices, but now it seems they split it further into Brooklyn (8th floor), NYC (7th floor) and Queens (9th floor). 

Apologies for incorrectly stating which office had our case and if anyone needs to double check which office is processing their applications, the service areas by zip code can be found here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/field-office/field-office-state?state=NY&topic_id=1&lang=1125

Thanks for taking the time to explain Laniakean, I really appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, AaronManhattan said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain Laniakean, I really appreciate it.

No problem. It has been bugging me that I managed to predict the dates of both my naturalization (a few years back) and my wife's AOS interviews to roughly a 10 day spam and yet I see people in multiple forums who should have had their interviews scheduled already. Now at least I know I didn't account for all the variables and probably just got lucky in my guesstimation. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, AaronManhattan said:

Hello sk72, yes, our PD was Nov 22, 2017 (Manhattan) and we're still waiting for our interview notification. We thought we would have it by now and it's rather discouraging. Please keep us posted if you receive your interview notice, and I will do the same.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
1 minute ago, sk72 said:

Thank you for your reply AaronManhattan!

I will post an update as soon anything changes. Just like you said, it is very discouraging. I also applied for work permit renewal in January and still waiting on that as well. 

For now let’s keep the fingers crossed that at this point  it’s just a matter of few more weeks! 

Hello, for those remaining 2017 filers who are interested, I just received notice that our status changed to "Interview was scheduled". Now we wait for the notice (we have already prepared everything for the interview, it was the only thing that kept us sane the past few months!)

So to recap, PD date was Nov 22, 2017, I-485 interview scheduled notice on July 3, 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.