adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

just wanted to update anybody who's interested.

My PD was 3/30/2018, Queens office.

I received a letter for interview scheduling back in 11/19/2018 at Long Island office for an interview on 1/7/2019.

So I had interview yesterday and got approved today as it says card is under production.

I guess Long Island office is going faster than Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn for sure.

I got lucky because I live in Queens but Long Island office took my case.

Good luck to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, wk576 said:

Hi guys,

I received a letter for interview scheduling back in 11/19/2018 at Long Island office for an interview on 1/7/2019.

So I had interview yesterday and got approved today as it says card is under production.

I guess Long Island office is going faster than Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn for sure.

Good luck to everyone.

Wow, that's so fast... congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Had my interview yesterday in Manhattan. It went well - our IO was very friendly and the conversation was extremely relaxed. He looked over our original documents and took a couple of additional photographs of us with our families, our most recently filed tax return and W2s, and copies of our shared credit card statement. He then said I could expect to receive my greencard in 2-4 weeks and lo and behold, today my status has been updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". I can't believe it! We were so lucky to have such a kind IO - through the whole process I'd say the interview itself, for us, was the easiest part! Good luck to the rest of you NYC filers!

5 hours ago, Lizzie123 said:

Had my interview yesterday in Manhattan. It went well - our IO was very friendly and the conversation was extremely relaxed. He looked over our original documents and took a couple of additional photographs of us with our families, our most recently filed tax return and W2s, and copies of our shared credit card statement. He then said I could expect to receive my greencard in 2-4 weeks and lo and behold, today my status has been updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". I can't believe it! We were so lucky to have such a kind IO - through the whole process I'd say the interview itself, for us, was the easiest part! Good luck to the rest of you NYC filers!

congratulations!!!!!! thanks for updating. give me some hope that the case is still moving, I feel like the government shut down to make even more slower

19 minutes ago, YAN Yan said:

congratulations!!!!!! thanks for updating. give me some hope that the case is still moving, I feel like the government shut down to make even more slower

Thank you!!! There are definitely still interviews happening so things are moving... slowly but surely!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys--

Just wanted to update that finally received our interview notice.  Feb 28th 2019.  We filed AOS July 17, 2017.   We live in NYC. 

I will keep updating once I have more info. 

Edited by vonniehk

5 hours ago, vonniehk said:

Hi guys--

Just wanted to update that finally received our interview notice.  Feb 28th 2019.  We filed AOS July 17, 2017.   We live in NYC. 

congratulations!!!!! the best luck on your interview, Thank you so much for updating, I feel like NYC process is like a dead.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, wk576 said:

Hi guys,

Good luck to everyone.

Hi! How long did it take to receive the physical card post approval? Thanks!

On 1/19/2019 at 2:56 PM, YAN Yan said:

congratulations!!!!! the best luck on your interview, Thank you so much for updating, I feel like NYC process is like a dead.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, vonniehk said:

Hi guys--

Are yo from bronx or brooklyn??

• 2 weeks later...

Filed for marriage based AOS in June 2017, interview scheduled for 02/13 in Manhattan.

I also would like to get some suggestions from those who've gone through the interview process:

1) On the notice that we got from USCIS, we are asked to bring in several items that we already submitted in our original application package.

For example, the notice asks for "A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted)......"

We are planning to bring any new documents that we have got from the time of application up to now, for example, pay stubs, letters of employment, our latest tax returns, latest tax returns from our sponsor. Should we fill out the I-864s and bring all the documents we've already given them one more time? 

2) I got the medical exam done in May 2017, which was less than two years ago. It seems that the law has changed regarding the exam and now it remains valid for two years.

I just want to make sure that is the case and I do not have to pay for the exam to be done again?

Thank you so much for your kind help.

For folks who are waiting, I hope you get the notice soon!

2 hours ago, KCKYC said:

Filed for marriage based AOS in June 2017, interview scheduled for 02/13 in Manhattan.

I also would like to get some suggestions from those who've gone through the interview process:

1) On the notice that we got from USCIS, we are asked to bring in several items that we already submitted in our original application package.

For example, the notice asks for "A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted)......"

We are planning to bring any new documents that we have got from the time of application up to now, for example, pay stubs, letters of employment, our latest tax returns, latest tax returns from our sponsor. Should we fill out the I-864s and bring all the documents we've already given them one more time? 

2) I got the medical exam done in May 2017, which was less than two years ago. It seems that the law has changed regarding the exam and now it remains valid for two years.

I just want to make sure that is the case and I do not have to pay for the exam to be done again?

Thank you so much for your kind help.

For folks who are waiting, I hope you get the notice soon!

You don't need to fill out another I-864. I brought the latest tax year documents with me and my interviewer never asked to see them, but I would assume its all dependent on your specific case and the interviewer you get. I would bring updated information just in case they want to see more proof that your sponsor is financially able to support you. So latest tax returns with W2s or 1099s, as well as pay stubs etc.

If you already submitted a letter of employment from your sponsor, and the latest tax returns and pay stubs both show that they are still working at the same job I doubt you'd need another letter of employment. I would think that if circumstances changed with your sponsor's job, you'd need to bring one to show that they are employed. I never submitted a letter of employment and didn't bring one to the interview either, and the interviewer never asked.

You should bring all the documents you submitted with your case. When I submitted my package I made 2 copies of each form and filled each out by hand, so for the I-864 I had 2 copies and sent one with the package. I brought the other with me to the interview. The interviewer never asked for it, but I was paranoid because it seemed like I needed to take it with me. I don't think you need to as the interviewer already has your forms neatly set out in a folder.

At the interview regarding evidence, they mainly asked for more photos, recent bank statements with both your names on them, any other things you share with your spouse like insurance etc. But that was specific for my case, so I would suggest bringing any updated supporting evidence for the I-864 (if employment circumstances have changed) as well as the most recent tax returns and related documents just in case.

Regarding the medical exam, I'm not sure sorry. I had mine done fairly close to the interview and brought it with me.

Hope this helps :)

10 hours ago, weggy said:

You don't need to fill out another I-864. I brought the latest tax year documents with me and my interviewer never asked to see them, but I would assume its all dependent on your specific case and the interviewer you get. I would bring updated information just in case they want to see more proof that your sponsor is financially able to support you. So latest tax returns with W2s or 1099s, as well as pay stubs etc.

If you already submitted a letter of employment from your sponsor, and the latest tax returns and pay stubs both show that they are still working at the same job I doubt you'd need another letter of employment. I would think that if circumstances changed with your sponsor's job, you'd need to bring one to show that they are employed. I never submitted a letter of employment and didn't bring one to the interview either, and the interviewer never asked.

You should bring all the documents you submitted with your case. When I submitted my package I made 2 copies of each form and filled each out by hand, so for the I-864 I had 2 copies and sent one with the package. I brought the other with me to the interview. The interviewer never asked for it, but I was paranoid because it seemed like I needed to take it with me. I don't think you need to as the interviewer already has your forms neatly set out in a folder.

At the interview regarding evidence, they mainly asked for more photos, recent bank statements with both your names on them, any other things you share with your spouse like insurance etc. But that was specific for my case, so I would suggest bringing any updated supporting evidence for the I-864 (if employment circumstances have changed) as well as the most recent tax returns and related documents just in case.

Regarding the medical exam, I'm not sure sorry. I had mine done fairly close to the interview and brought it with me.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you so much! This really helps.

The whole process has made me realize I am much less organized than I wish...

3 hours ago, KCKYC said:

Thank you so much! This really helps.

The whole process has made me realize I am much less organized than I wish...

I was in the same boat. So long as your medical was signed within 60 days of your priority date (it sounds as though it was), you should be fine for 2 years under the new policy. This was the case for me - I had my interview three weeks ago in NYC, also a June filer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.