adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, YAN Yan said:

Did you file i-1485   and i-130 together?   where is your interview by the way? 26th plaza?  Thanks 

Hi - yes filed 485 and 130 concurrently. Interview will be at 26 federal plaza.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, everyone.

PD: 02/27/2017, filed at Oakland Park, FL

however moved to NYC in June 2018 and filed for Change of Location. No interview notice yet. Since March 2018, the case is ready for interview. Called USCIS today and they said I will be interviewed at the NYC location, however my file is still at the National Benefits Center (NBB). Waited for 19 months now, and awaiting to get my renewed EAD/AP Card.

Hi Everyone

PD: 05/25/2017 in NYC

My case has been ready for an interview since March 2018.

I applied for a replacement work EAD/AP Card 5/25, still waiting for that to come (there's currently  5-6 month wait).

I know I cannot travel outside US without that card.  Has anyone had any trouble with domestic flights without this card, is it fine to travel with passport with no current visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/12/2018 at 3:10 PM, kevination said:

Any truth to this? I've seen others post about how Brooklyn is slower but can't find confirmation that different boroughs are processed at different locations. What bad luck if so (being in New York makes it tough already).

My wife called and confirmed with a tier-1 agent. Our PD is October 24, 2017... hasn't yet left the NBC for the local office. The agent confirmed that Brooklyn is indeed more backed up. She said the office is currently processing October 2016 cases, which seems insane.

Edited by kevination

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my interview notice for November 1st.... a month and a half before our 2 year anniversary :(

Wondering if I should:

a) be pro-active and re-do my medical to avoid a post-interview RFE. (Or is it just a transcribed vaccination part?! So confused!)

b) not re-do my medical and leave it up to the officer (50/50 chance right?)

If i DON'T redo it, I could still be approved which would result in a 2 year card (depending on delays etc).

Or if the officer wants another medical, I would get an RFE, in turn delaying the process, which would put us over the 2 year mark and would result in a 10 year card- right?

Anyone wanna weigh in on this?

I want to vomit with anxiety. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

PD 4/28/2017 today I received my interview schedule in the mail for November 1st.

Edited by MAYNYCFiler2017

8 hours ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

PD 4/28/2017 today I received my interview schedule in the mail for November 1st.

congrats, even it is a hell out of waiting, it ends all good, best luck on your interview, my PD is 8/14/2017,   still have a long way to go I guess. I will have my 3 years anniversary in 6 months, even qualifying to apply for citizenship by then. haha. it is so incredibly slow. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, YAN Yan said:

congrats, even it is a hell out of waiting, it ends all good, best luck on your interview, my PD is 8/14/2017,   still have a long way to go I guess. I will have my 3 years anniversary in 6 months, even qualifying to apply for citizenship by then. haha. it is so incredibly slow. 

You have to be 3 years permanent resident (have GC) to apply for citizenship, it’s nothing to do with how long you  married. But you will receive 10 GC because you are married more than 2 years. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.