Cesar Rojas

Nebraska Center

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's odd - Today the VJ site says August 24

How up to date is that?
The USCIS info shows on Jan 31 they were doing August 9
So,  VJ shows a date 15 days later, but what is the report date for that August 24 date?
How many days did it take to move the marker 15 days?

• 4 weeks later...

My EB1 Multinational Manager I-140 was filed on 26th July 2016 with Nebraska and I-485 on 1st October 2016. I received my EAD on 16th November 2016.

Is there anyone with EB1 Multi National Manager l-140 from July 2016? Does anyone know how much more time will it take for Nebraska to confirm on the status? 

The latest update on the processing times for Nebraska forms (mainly my case) shows the same date as the previous month - is it not strange, there is no progress since the earlier month.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, donddon said:

FINALLY!!! Got Approved NOA2 in the mail. 8 months 1 week for IR5 at Nebraska Service Center. NVC journey begins now. Hope its smooth and fast(er)

Congrats! NOA2 at Nebraska is probably the most agonizing wait, but once it's over, it's over. Good luck at NVC!

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline
26 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

Congrats! NOA2 at Nebraska is probably the most agonizing wait, but once it's over, it's over. Good luck at NVC!

Thanks!! Looking at your timeline am given hope in an ~2month NVC process just like I have planned before but who knows? Hope no RFE's 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone, me and my fiance are in the same boat. We are waiting for his 601 Waiver of Inadmissibility to be approved. It is in the Nebraska office and of course they seem to be the slowest. I submitted his waiver January 25, 2017 and we have heard nothing other than the fact that they received it. I never knew immigration was so emotionally draining. Best of luck to everyone. Is anyone else currently waiting for results from the Nebraska office? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska. I'm looking at Visa Journey Timeline's and it's saying they are processing applications from Nov 27. What is going on? I really think it's unfair to those who have been assigned to NSC to have to wait upwards of three months longer than other service centers.

Our lawyer called up Nebraska to see why they do not expedite applications that are filed abroad. Other service centers do! They HUNG UP on him! The stories coming out of Nebraska are quite frankly shocking. I cannot believe they are allowed to be so rude when our application fees are paying their salary! Does it really make sense to process an application for a person inside the US before families who are suffering tremendous financial hardship?

According to the latest timeline this means to process a i130 in Nebraska is taking EIGHT MONTHS. How is this reasonable? When I shared this information with Americans while visiting my spouse they said that was ridiculous. It's costing our family upwards of $3,000 in living expenses every single month this goes on for. An extra 3 months we are talking over $10,000 it will cost us compared to those who are in other service centers. How is that fair? It's even more ridiculous a person cannot wait out the process inside the US with their spouse. Especially if they are from a low fraud country! Nobody understands the logic behind all of this. My spouse's next door neighbor however met a girl from Australia and she got to stay inside the country not having to file abroad. How is that fair? I've been married to my spouse for almost 10 years and the whole process is going to have cost somewhere over $50,000!!

If our application was at another service center our application would be approved or be about to. I honestly think the Consulates abroad should be expediting appointments in accordance to how long a person is waiting for their i130. Like if you are stuck in Nebraska you should get your Visa appointment first. I guess all we can hope is for a transfer or for that center to get their act together! Very frustrating!

Edited by acidrain

Timeline

I honestly believe that it is a money deal. I do not feel it is fair to make someone wait so long simply because that particular office is behind. I have looked at the other service centers and they are current on their processing. It is really disheartening to say the least. We have to keep moving forward and praying that this all comes to an end real soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I went onto Visa Journey Timeline today I BLEW A GASKET. According to USCIS website as of May 31, 2017 Nebraska was processing cases from: Nov 15, 2016. When I looked at Visa Journey today they are processing cases from Nov 21, 2017!!!!! This means in over 30 WORK DAYS they have only done 6 DAYS OF APPLICATIONS! If me or my spouse worked this slow WE WOULD BE FIRED!!! I'd rant about how they are Government but these guys are being paid with OUR APPLICATION FEES! WHAT HAVE I PAID MONEY FOR??? Nebraska is officially THE slowest service center now. My estimated completion date says Oct. Every week it keeps getting pushed back. Has everyone in the NSC gone home for the summer??

I am thinking of typing up a letter to send to the DHS Office of the Inspector General as the Ombudsman does not have the power to do anything. It might be even worth sending the higher ups in DHS a letter too. I don't care what planet a person is from this situation is not right. Our family is paying an extra $3,000 a month to live separately. I sure hope they transfer files to other service centers because at this rate Feb filers will be lucky to get an approval BY THE END OF 2017!!!! I'm sure the other service centers will be THRILLED to get the workload of Nebraska. Not only is this service center incredibly rude but they can't handle their own workload. This is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Timeline

It definitely could not hurt. I think it is so unfair to not transfer the cases. The other service centers are current with their cases. Let me know how everything turns out. Praying for everyone going through this process. 

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure that current proccessing time showing on USCIS website as of May 31, 2017 Nebraska  for many applications is wrong. This month they are  a year behind the real proccessing time. For example , for I-131 they processed applications as of 16, January, 2017  as it was shown on USCIS website month ago.    Now is 16, February, 2016. This is ridiculous.

Edited by IrinaF

On 7/13/2017 at 7:21 PM, acidrain said:

When I went onto Visa Journey Timeline today I BLEW A GASKET. According to USCIS website as of May 31, 2017 Nebraska was processing cases from: Nov 15, 2016. When I looked at Visa Journey today they are processing cases from Nov 21, 2017!!!!! This means in over 30 WORK DAYS they have only done 6 DAYS OF APPLICATIONS! If me or my spouse worked this slow WE WOULD BE FIRED!!! I'd rant about how they are Government but these guys are being paid with OUR APPLICATION FEES! WHAT HAVE I PAID MONEY FOR??? Nebraska is officially THE slowest service center now. My estimated completion date says Oct. Every week it keeps getting pushed back. Has everyone in the NSC gone home for the summer??

I am thinking of typing up a letter to send to the DHS Office of the Inspector General as the Ombudsman does not have the power to do anything. It might be even worth sending the higher ups in DHS a letter too. I don't care what planet a person is from this situation is not right. Our family is paying an extra $3,000 a month to live separately. I sure hope they transfer files to other service centers because at this rate Feb filers will be lucky to get an approval BY THE END OF 2017!!!! I'm sure the other service centers will be THRILLED to get the workload of Nebraska. Not only is this service center incredibly rude but they can't handle their own workload. This is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Ugh, your posts give me life. Because you're saying everything I'm feeling. 

I understand that Nebraska has a lot of cases but then again, why on earth is one single service center receiving  an enormous amount of applications compared to other centers, and not have the staff to process them and fall behind other centers this much? It makes me so mad and I almost want to kick something when I go online and read their ''oh we occasionally transfer cases to process in a timely fashion'' yeah right. Apparently for them, having families wait 3-4 months over others isn't a huge deal, because they don't suffer the financial and emotional hardship we suffer. 

The fact they're government, and that tax payers don't pay for it makes it worse. No one is pushing to make things better because in reality, immigration is not a priority like we talked last time. It just silly to not try to improve the system, that could actually prevent ilegal immigration and keep families together, instead of having people get raped and die trying to cross the dangerous border. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 4:20 PM, acidrain said:

Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska. I'm looking at Visa Journey Timeline's and it's saying they are processing applications from Nov 27. What is going on? I really think it's unfair to those who have been assigned to NSC to have to wait upwards of three months longer than other service centers.

Our lawyer called up Nebraska to see why they do not expedite applications that are filed abroad. Other service centers do! They HUNG UP on him! The stories coming out of Nebraska are quite frankly shocking. I cannot believe they are allowed to be so rude when our application fees are paying their salary! Does it really make sense to process an application for a person inside the US before families who are suffering tremendous financial hardship?

According to the latest timeline this means to process a i130 in Nebraska is taking EIGHT MONTHS. How is this reasonable? When I shared this information with Americans while visiting my spouse they said that was ridiculous. It's costing our family upwards of $3,000 in living expenses every single month this goes on for. An extra 3 months we are talking over $10,000 it will cost us compared to those who are in other service centers. How is that fair? It's even more ridiculous a person cannot wait out the process inside the US with their spouse. Especially if they are from a low fraud country! Nobody understands the logic behind all of this. My spouse's next door neighbor however met a girl from Australia and she got to stay inside the country not having to file abroad. How is that fair? I've been married to my spouse for almost 10 years and the whole process is going to have cost somewhere over $50,000!!

If our application was at another service center our application would be approved or be about to. I honestly think the Consulates abroad should be expediting appointments in accordance to how long a person is waiting for their i130. Like if you are stuck in Nebraska you should get your Visa appointment first. I guess all we can hope is for a transfer or for that center to get their act together! Very frustrating!

So I sent I-130 on Nov 9, 2016 and I-129F on Nov 28. Got the NOA1 on Nov 15 and Dec 9 respectively. How about we are now past the dates and ours hasn't been assigned yet. Submitted inquiry on July 12, called July 24 and was told to wait until August 14 to submit another inquiry if I haven't heard anything about it being assigned.... So yes, there are Nov filers still waiting to be assigned to start the process. Haven't seen hubby in a year and it's causing stress in our almost 3 year marriage. 

5 hours ago, Celestrial said:

So I sent I-130 on Nov 9, 2016 and I-129F on Nov 28. Got the NOA1 on Nov 15 and Dec 9 respectively. How about we are now past the dates and ours hasn't been assigned yet. Submitted inquiry on July 12, called July 24 and was told to wait until August 14 to submit another inquiry if I haven't heard anything about it being assigned.... So yes, there are Nov filers still waiting to be assigned to start the process. Haven't seen hubby in a year and it's causing stress in our almost 3 year marriage. 

What I can say to you, they will not proceed with the I-129F.  My friend did hers in September and their petition for the I-130 was approved in April.  It's quite unfortunate that you have not yet heard from them.  My suggestion would be try to schedule an infopass so that you can speak to an officer to find out whats really going on... 

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.