verneforchat

Pelosi calls for probe of possible Russian blackmail of Trump

71 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, bcking said:

Meanwhile Trump has been getting filthy rich while abusing other things.

Mostly women.

He doubled the price of his golf club in Florida and went over the weekend to meet up with the newest members as a perk.

Maybe he is trying to make it more exclusive, but it is still a profit. From $100,000 to $200,000.

20 hours ago, CaliCat said:

He won't release the tax records. There's incriminating evidence contained in those documents, possibly linking him to his master Putin. The Russians wouldn't have elected him if they didn't have enough to hold him under their grip.

Trump is being audited. It is standard practice for an attorney to advise anyone under any sort of government investigation including a tax audit to not make any records related to the investigation public until the investigation is complete. Sorry there is no conspiracy theory here. Just someone following sound advice from their attorney.

7 hours ago, bcking said:

Meanwhile Trump has been getting filthy rich while abusing other things.

Mostly women.

Trump earned his wealth. Pelosi was given her wealth in exchange for political favors. Big difference.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Trump earned his wealth. Pelosi was given her wealth in exchange for political favors. Big difference.

Dont forget insider information.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Trump is being audited. It is standard practice for an attorney to advise anyone under any sort of government investigation including a tax audit to not make any records related to the investigation public until the investigation is complete. Sorry there is no conspiracy theory here. Just someone following sound advice from their attorney.

Nixon released his taxes while under audit. There's nothing about an audit that prevents releasing them. The 'government' already has them. If it was beneficial for Trump to release them he would. If it was potentially harmful, he wouldn't. The most likely scenario is a combination of two factors here in why he didn't release them:

1)  His supporters didn't care if he released them or not. He had a free pass there, so why release them?

2) Something in there refutes a claim he made. Maybe he hasn't donated millions to charity. Maybe he does have investments in Russia. Maybe it's something else, but whatever it is, it was to his benefit not to have people see it.

At any rate that he hasn't released them yet is not an issue to me. He said he wouldn't release them until after the audit. His supporters voted for him. No issue!  Now if he doesn't release them after the audit, that's a different issue. He promised to do that, and if he goes back on his word, it would prove he's a liar. Most people don't need further proof of that, but maybe it will help those of you still in denial.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

2) Something in there refutes a claim he made. Maybe he hasn't donated millions to charity. Maybe he does have investments in Russia. Maybe it's something else, but whatever it is, it was to his benefit not to have people see it.

Maybe he is a Russian agent who is paid personally by Putin. Maybe he is an alien from the planet pop tart and his tax returns will uncover that. A lot of wild speculation here. Usually the most logical explanation is the correct one and the most logical explanation is that he is following the advice of his attorney who is advising him (as any competent attorney would) to keep his tax information private until he is no longer under investigation.  No wild conspiracy theories here. Just someone following the advice of their attorney.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Maybe he is a Russian agent who is paid personally by Putin. Maybe he is an alien from the planet pop tart and his tax returns will uncover that. A lot of wild speculation here. Usually the most logical explanation is the correct one and the most logical explanation is that he is following the advice of his attorney who is advising him (as any competent attorney would) to keep his tax information private until he is no longer under investigation.  No wild conspiracy theories here. Just someone following the advice of their attorney.

He may just be following the advice of his attorney. If that's the most logical reason, then it follows that there is something detrimental for not wanting them released. There is nothing adverse about releasing them as is, as opposed to after the audit.

However I said that's not really an issue for me. If people want to vote for him without seeing his tax return, that's their prerogative. The issue is that he is going back on what he previously said and is not  releasing them after the audit either now. If he doesn't, I would like to see congress obtain them, and they do have the ability to do that. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

He may just be following the advice of his attorney. If that's the most logical reason, then it follows that there is something detrimental for not wanting them released. There is nothing adverse about releasing them as is, as opposed to after the audit.

However I said that's not really an issue for me. If people want to vote for him without seeing his tax return, that's their prerogative. The issue is that he is going back on what he previously said and is not  releasing them after the audit either now. If he doesn't, I would like to see congress obtain them, and they do have the ability to do that. 

So you are saying someone following the advice of their attorney is guilty?  How many defendants follow their attorney's advice to remain silent even if they are innocent.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So you are saying someone following the advice of their attorney is guilty?  How many defendants follow their attorney's advice to remain silent even if they are innocent.  

That's not at all what I said. However if you have done something and you're attorney advises you not to talk about it, you have still done that thing. 

IDK what Trump has done, or what is in the tax return, but certainly something Trump doesn't want people to see, or he wouldn't be going back on his word. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

That's not at all what I said. However if you have done something and you're attorney advises you not to talk about it, you have still done that thing. 

IDK what Trump has done, or what is in the tax return, but certainly something Trump doesn't want people to see, or he wouldn't be going back on his word. 

I disagree.  This is exactly what you said from your earlier post "He may just be following the advice of his attorney. If that's the most logical reason, then it follows that there is something detrimental for not wanting them released."  the last phrase is easily interpreted that by following the advice of his lawyer he is hiding something.  The lawyer may be just very risk adverse and would rather not have something that is being reviewed by government officials debated in a public forum, that doesn't mean there is "something detrimental".

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I disagree.  This is exactly what you said from your earlier post "He may just be following the advice of his attorney. If that's the most logical reason, then it follows that there is something detrimental for not wanting them released."  the last phrase is easily interpreted that by following the advice of his lawyer he is hiding something.  The lawyer may be just very risk adverse and would rather not have something that is being reviewed by government officials debated in a public forum, that doesn't mean there is "something detrimental".

'Detrimental' and 'guilty' do not mean the same thing. Your assertion that I said "someone following the advice of their lawyer is guilty" is not correct. Perhaps you meant to say something else. Actually, I have not suggested Trump is 'guilty' of anything.

By detrimental, I mean something negative or harmful to Trumps image will come out of releasing the tax return, not that he did something illegal. And I believe that is the reason a lawyer (or other person) would advise Trump not to release the tax return.

I'll also add here, my reasoning fits why he has chosen not to release them at all now, while your's does not. If what you suggested was correct, Trump would not be averse to releasing his tax returns after the audit. Yet, he has chosen not to.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

'Detrimental' and 'guilty' do not mean the same thing. Your assertion that I said "someone following the advice of their lawyer is guilty" is not correct. Perhaps you meant to say something else. Actually, I have not suggested Trump is 'guilty' of anything.

By detrimental, I mean something negative or harmful to Trumps image will come out of releasing the tax return, not that he did something illegal. And I believe that is the reason a lawyer (or other person) would advise Trump not to release the tax return.

I'll also add here, my reasoning fits why he has chosen not to release them at all now, while your's does not. If what you suggested was correct, Trump would not be averse to releasing his tax returns after the audit. Yet, he has chosen not to.

Semantics, detrimental vs guilt, negative or harmful.  I simply equated your assumption that not releasing his taxes was because there was something untoward hidden in the returns.  However, your reasoning is that the only reason his lawyer is advising Trump not to release them is it will be harmful to his image.  Trump already harmed his image by beating Hillary and becoming the President.  The lawyer's advice does not prove a causation to something harmful/detrimental existing, many lawyers will take the position to not talk to a government official, or the press as a simple precaution regardless of the harmless or harmful information that may or may not exist.  So saying there is a causality that something detrimental exists is poor reasoning, and Trump releasing his tax returns is simply a no win situation for him which I think his lawyer sees.  Much better to say nothing and show nothing which is his right regardless of what other presidents have done.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Semantics, detrimental vs guilt, negative or harmful.  I simply equated your assumption that not releasing his taxes was because there was something untoward hidden in the returns.  However, your reasoning is that the only reason his lawyer is advising Trump not to release them is it will be harmful to his image.  Trump already harmed his image by beating Hillary and becoming the President.  The lawyer's advice does not prove a causation to something harmful/detrimental existing, many lawyers will take the position to not talk to a government official, or the press as a simple precaution regardless of the harmless or harmful information that may or may not exist.  So saying there is a causality that something detrimental exists is poor reasoning, and Trump releasing his tax returns is simply a no win situation for him which I think his lawyer sees.  Much better to say nothing and show nothing which is his right regardless of what other presidents have done.

There is no precedent here. There has not been another presidential candidate who has ever done this, so what many lawyers suggest to many clients is beside the point really. No one forced Trump to run for president, and if he has skeletons in his closet, he is fortunate to have supporters who don't hold him accountable for anything and are ready to come up with excuses for him at every turn.

Whether he releases the returns or not, either way will show Trump to be a liar, and that's not something we really require any more evidence for. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg