5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

Tomorrow is interview day!  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Best of Luck.  I am sure will be fine.   My fiance's interview is 7/7. 

So it just seems like there are only 3 of us left for Feb filers?

Me, "me and her", and  "missabc". I feel the pain.

When I sent my i-129f packet, I included the i-134 forms and documents to support it. I "heard" this some what speeds up the process, but I guess not. :(

Still waiting.. I don't even use the uscis case tracker anymore.. I depend on my mail more than anything else. meh. 

9 minutes ago, bluruce said:

So it just seems like there are only 3 of us left for Feb filers?

Me, "me and her", and  "missabc". I feel the pain.

When I sent my i-129f packet, I included the i-134 forms and documents to support it. I "heard" this some what speeds up the process, but I guess not. :(

Still waiting.. I don't even use the uscis case tracker anymore.. I depend on my mail more than anything else. meh. 

nope that is probably your hold back. i wonder if they will discard the extra documents or send them back to you?- did you put any originals? 

remember USCIS only needs to see what they requested the other info is not for their verification so u may have made the review of your case more complicated by putting 'unncessary' info 

sorry to hear that ur still waiting tho,hope you hear something soon.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO MAYBE YOU DO NOT FOLLOW MY ERROR!

As soon as I saw "Ready" on CEAC, I completed my Fiance's DS-160 and then scheduled her interview. I had not received the Packet 3 from Ecuador yet.  In the beginning of the DS-160, you are given several options to choose from once you create the account. Such as, "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for NON-Immigrant Visa", "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for Immigrant Visa" or "Other". I chose "Other" since at that moment, I had not received the Packet yet. I had do my research ahead of time on the Packet 3. The Packet 3 on their website is not the same packet 3 they sent us. Imagine that. 

I completed the DS-160 ok and even scheduled the interview. But I was never prompted to pay. Once I received Packet 3, I learned there are 3 ways to pay. I could not figure out the first 2, because of my mistake they were no longer available to me. So I called the Customer Service number 3 times. The 3rd call I had someone to help me. By default, I completed her information through the NON-Immigrant process. For this portion of the process, DS-160 refers to K1 as Immigrant. They had to cancel the interview, let me correct my mistake online and then redo the interview. The interview date was no longer available. I have already purchased a planed ticket and we have scheduled activities based on the first interview date. 

I am suppose to call the Embassy back today after 2:00. I am hoping they can give me back the original interview date since it must still be available. I think maybe the system resets at sometime. 

As I write this, my Fiance is getting her Medical Exam completed and I haven't told her yet. I am hoping she doesn't get home until after I have an answer about rescheduling the interview. My mistake may cost us 5 days longer to be together and the money to correct my plane ticket. I know is not that huge. But she is counting on me to bring her home and I SCREWED this up!

8 minutes ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO MAYBE YOU DO NOT FOLLOW MY ERROR!

As soon as I saw "Ready" on CEAC, I completed my Fiance's DS-160 and then scheduled her interview. I had not received the Packet 3 from Ecuador yet.  In the beginning of the DS-160, you are given several options to choose from once you create the account. Such as, "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for NON-Immigrant Visa", "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for Immigrant Visa" or "Other". I chose "Other" since at that moment, I had not received the Packet yet. I had do my research ahead of time on the Packet 3. The Packet 3 on their website is not the same packet 3 they sent us. Imagine that. 

I completed the DS-160 ok and even scheduled the interview. But I was never prompted to pay. Once I received Packet 3, I learned there are 3 ways to pay. I could not figure out the first 2, because of my mistake they were no longer available to me. So I called the Customer Service number 3 times. The 3rd call I had someone to help me. By default, I completed her information through the NON-Immigrant process. For this portion of the process, DS-160 refers to K1 as Immigrant. They had to cancel the interview, let me correct my mistake online and then redo the interview. The interview date was no longer available. I have already purchased a planed ticket and we have scheduled activities based on the first interview date. 

I am suppose to call the Embassy back today after 2:00. I am hoping they can give me back the original interview date since it must still be available. I think maybe the system resets at sometime. 

As I write this, my Fiance is getting her Medical Exam completed and I haven't told her yet. I am hoping she doesn't get home until after I have an answer about rescheduling the interview. My mistake may cost us 5 days longer to be together and the money to correct my plane ticket. I know is not that huge. But she is counting on me to bring her home and I SCREWED this up!

dont be so hard on yourself.. we make mistakes. 

just slow down a bit, you have to pay the visa fee first wait to get packet 3, confirm with the embassy that you have all the documents for the interview and then you can schedule. Also, even if the interview date was scheduled u need to remember that the medical package needs to be delivered to the embassy for them to make a final decision. (does your fiance get her medical same day?) 

additionally, are you sure that the visa will be prepared and delivered to her within the stipulated time the embassy says? i think it normally is a rough estimate.... wait until the visa is in hand to reschedule ur flight ticket date. 

sorry this happened.

Edited by FindHerKeepHer

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Sorry to hear that man, just keep moving forward.  No need to kick yourself in the head, just keep going.  Good luck.  It is not too bad and you are correcting (anything is shorter than waiting for that NOA2)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

do be so hard on yourself.. we make mistakes. 

just slow down a bit, you have to pay the visa fee first wait to get packet 3, confirm with the embassy that you have all the documents for the interview and then you can schedule. Also, even if the interview date was scheduled u need to remember that the medical package needs to be delivered to the embassy for them to make a final decision. (does your fiance get her medical same day?) 

additionally, are you sure that the visa will be prepared and delivered to her within the stipulated time the embassy says? i think it normally is a rough estimate.... wait until the visa is in hand to reschedule ur flight ticket date. 

sorry this happened.

I assumed the process would prompt me to pay the fees. Because I defaulted through NON-Immigrant, it did not require the fees. The Packet 3 on the website stated that if the fees were not paid you could pay at the appointment so I was not alarmed. But I felt uneasy so I called today to confirm. Funny thing is, the Packet 3 has a date on it of May 2017. The Packet 3 they are using is 2016. I assumed I was working from the Packet 3 that was coming. 

I only bought a one way ticket so I can attend the interview with her. Once she has her Visa in hand, we are traveling home together. 

The Medical Papers are given to her personally today in a sealed envelope for her to carry to the Interview.

1 minute ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I assumed the process would prompt me to pay the fees. Because I defaulted through NON-Immigrant, it did not require the fees. The Packet 3 on the website stated that if the fees were not paid you could pay at the appointment so I was not alarmed. But I felt uneasy so I called today to confirm. Funny thing is, the Packet 3 has a date on it of May 2017. The Packet 3 they are using is 2016. I assumed I was working from the Packet 3 that was coming. 

I only bought a one way ticket so I can attend the interview with her. Once she has her Visa in hand, we are traveling home together. 

The Medical Papers are given to her personally today in a sealed envelope for her to carry to the Interview.

ok great!! your scenario is not as bad! quit panicking lol ... hoping everything runs as you wishes

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

4 minutes ago, Me and her said:

DAY 137.....  I don't want to even check the mail.....  I did so, right before work.  Three parcels were there, I quickly sorted, until I saw DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY....I quickly opened it, APPROVED!!!!!:jest:

YEAH!!!!! You did it!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! :D:D

1 hour ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Sorry to see this. I hope you get things sorted ok.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yayyyyyy just got our NVC number!!!!!! (Noa2 8th June) 

Now to schedule my medical exam and fill out ds-160, and wait for packet 3!!!!! How do I pay the next fee?

Also anyone got the CEAC tracker link?

Thanks everyone!

6 minutes ago, Me and her said:

DAY 137.....  I don't want to even check the mail.....  I did so, right before work.  Three parcels were there, I quickly sorted, until I saw DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY....I quickly opened it, APPROVED!!!!!:jest:

Yay! Congratulations!!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.