meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2018 at 2:36 AM, Tristan1978 said:

I had / have a similar issue, my NOA2 was 08/24/2017 however the NVC did not receive the approved I-130 form as my lawyer messed up the paperwork (he filed for Adjustment of status) and that means the approved petition just sits at the USCIS office, I had to file an I-824 form to move the approved petition to the NVC on 11/02/2017 and I am still waiting for the NVC to contact me.

Have you checked thoroughly what your I-797 says? 

Hi! Thanks for your reply. We finally got through NVC....I honestly called so often that I was on a first name basis with the agents...(I happened to speak with the same agent 3 times!).

Long story short...they apparently had processed our case using the "new system" and for some reason it was not being assigned a case number. After constant phone calls they transfer my file to a supervisor and sure enough...that following day we received an email (and so did our attorney) that our case was received and it had a case number.

My best suggestion is to keep calling them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, TX&BC said:

Hi! Thanks for your reply. We finally got through NVC....I honestly called so often that I was on a first name basis with the agents...(I happened to speak with the same agent 3 times!).

Long story short...they apparently had processed our case using the "new system" and for some reason it was not being assigned a case number. After constant phone calls they transfer my file to a supervisor and sure enough...that following day we received an email (and so did our attorney) that our case was received and it had a case number.

My best suggestion is to keep calling them. 

So happy for you!!! Wow that was a long wait. I didn't realize myself the normal NVC agents cannot access people using the CEAC system. Hopefully you can log in and start the process right away. Fortunately at this phase it should only take 2-3 business days to receive payment. Then only 1-2 days after you submit your documentation to have a case complete. I will cross my fingers you will get an interview date by the end of Feb. If not I find in Canada they schedule after the 12th the following month. 52 days is about average after case complete but I've seen many Canadians be able to sneak in sooner depending on scheduling. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After more than a year we had our interview and my son and I were approved!!! I can't wait to start the next phase of our lives together. Keep the faith for those still waiting your time will come.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Visa was issued on February 11! Finally after a whole year of waiting from NOA1 to visa issued the full process to be completed. Husband has arrived today! Thank you and everyone who supported during the restless times! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Dreamiej said:

Visa was issued on February 11! Finally after a whole year of waiting from NOA1 to visa issued the full process to be completed. Husband has arrived today! Thank you and everyone who supported during the restless times! 

Awesome congrats💃💃💃💃🥂🍾🍾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After one year my wife visa got issued today ( Islamabad embassy )

Thanks a lot to this forum for support

I hope everyone gets visa as soon as possible

Timeline
1 minute ago, WardaT said:

Hi. Any Feb '17 Filers still waiting for NOA2??

It’s been a year and you are still waiting for NOA2? What service center you are?

Timeline

Oh. Did you check what cases are they processing as of now on their website? That would help you judge the situation and if they have crossed your time then u can send an inquiry to them 

40 minutes ago, SNK said:

Oh. Did you check what cases are they processing as of now on their website? That would help you judge the situation and if they have crossed your time then u can send an inquiry to them 

Yes, I've already checked the site multiple times but they don't show the processing time for US citizen filing for spouse. We have tried contacting them but they said case is being processed. My husband applied for me and our Priority Date is 23rd Feb 2017. While applying for me he was a PR but he naturalized in October. After updating petition status, upon inquiry we received an email in November stating:

On 11/07/2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

We haven't received any received any RFEs or any emails after that. In January my husband made an appointment with them and they said 45 days was just an estimated figure and our file is open and to wait it out..

dates.PNG

Edited by WardaT

Just came back from the US embassy in Bishkek. Got passports with visa! 356 days in total! We got it! Wish all of you luck and flows of emotions I had today! 

Timeline

My brother has been waiting 365 days for his NOA2!!!! I can't believe this!! He has asked to speak to tier 2s and submitted an inquiry and it came back they were doing further "security checks." What does that even mean? They didn't allow him to submit another inquiry. This is very frustrating, everyone is already at NVC stage and he's still waiting. It's been a year tomorrow--- does anyone know what a darn "security check" means??

Edit: His country is Slovakia and Nebraska SC

Edited by 29casst

• 1 month later...

Embassy interview and approval yesterday. Total time from NOA1 = 421 days. Best of luck to anyone else in the Feb 2017 group that's still waiting. What a long process!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Team Hayward said:

Embassy interview and approval yesterday. Total time from NOA1 = 421 days. Best of luck to anyone else in the Feb 2017 group that's still waiting. What a long process!

Congratulations🤗🤗 at the NVC stage our selves and waiting...happy for you guys. How was the interview if u dnt mind me asking? Also which country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.