meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 14.10.2017 at 6:56 PM, scarlett262004 said:

Так!! Згідно з новим оновленням USCIS Небраска переробляє січень 31 серпня .... дуже сподіваючись почути щось наступного місяця! 242 дні і підрахунок

my date is 27 January. until the silence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10.10.2017 о 3:29 ранку Таркенкарі сказав:

Hey @ toshow10

Інший Ківі тут, наша NOA1 дата - лютий, ми з Небраска. Досі нічого. 246 днів :( Надії незабаром хоч!

моя дата - 27 січня. до тиші

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 6:56 PM, I&A/T said:

You don’t think it’s going to cause any problems we thinking about doing it?

I did not change mines and I'm almost finished with NVC. I'm just waiting for the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nickey&rickey said:

I did not change mines and I'm almost finished with NVC. I'm just waiting for the interview

How long has it been since you submitted your documents at NVC?

So here's an interesting update on my case.
My wife (petitioner) received NOA2 on Sept 9th with it stating approval date Sept 1st.
After hearing nothing for 6 weeks we rang NVC who said they have received nothing from USCIS so we should ring them to find out whats going on.

My wife rang USCIS and they said, they have no record showing they sent any approval letter out and a Tier 2 officer would call her back.
Call her back they did and the Tier 2 officer again repeated the same thing, no record of approval being sent out but she would send a notice to the relevant department to have our case sent to the NVC asap.

So if your file has been approved and is taking extra long, chase them up

1 hour ago, Kesi said:

So here's an interesting update on my case.
My wife (petitioner) received NOA2 on Sept 9th with it stating approval date Sept 1st.
After hearing nothing for 6 weeks we rang NVC who said they have received nothing from USCIS so we should ring them to find out whats going on.

My wife rang USCIS and they said, they have no record showing they sent any approval letter out and a Tier 2 officer would call her back.
Call her back they did and the Tier 2 officer again repeated the same thing, no record of approval being sent out but she would send a notice to the relevant department to have our case sent to the NVC asap.

So if your file has been approved and is taking extra long, chase them up

My case was approved Aug 31 but the status was changed to "sent to DOS" only on Sep 25

What does your USCIS online status say?

50 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

My case was approved Aug 31 but the status was changed to "sent to DOS" only on Sep 25

What does your USCIS online status say?

It still says Case Was Received.

We don't understand how they have no record of sending us the NOA2 

15 hours ago, Kesi said:

It still says Case Was Received.

We don't understand how they have no record of sending us the NOA2 

Did you send any inquiries before you receive the NOA2? We did hence we thought it was delayed for case close in USCIS.

5 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Did you send any inquiries before you receive the NOA2? We did hence we thought it was delayed for case close in USCIS.

Nope. We applied and waited, took about 7 months for the NOA2 to come, only to find out its not actually approved.

4 minutes ago, Kesi said:

Nope. We applied and waited, took about 7 months for the NOA2 to come, only to find out its not actually approved.

My guess is those reps they only look at the case like how we look at it and departments dont talk to each other.

Since the case is still "received" online and in the queue of being sent out i hope you will get a status update soon... Did you sign up for an online status account on USCIS it tracks the inquiry status as well so you can see what they are up to. Also since you already have the NOA2, you can follow their instructions from an email reply i got from NVC (which is auto generated and does not match with what i'm told by the reps at all):

"Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition.

It can take at least six weeks for the National Visa Center (NVC) to receive an approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and enter it in the U.S. Department of State's database system. If it has been less than six weeks since USCIS approved your petition, you don't need to take any action at this point.

If USCIS approved your petition more than six weeks ago, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. You can attach the scanned copy to an email, and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

In the subject line of your email, please type the original receipt number from your I-130 Approval Notice. If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition. Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved. If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is a notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283."

Best of luck!

8 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

My guess is those reps they only look at the case like how we look at it and departments dont talk to each other.

Since the case is still "received" online and in the queue of being sent out i hope you will get a status update soon... Did you sign up for an online status account on USCIS it tracks the inquiry status as well so you can see what they are up to. Also since you already have the NOA2, you can follow their instructions from an email reply i got from NVC (which is auto generated and does not match with what i'm told by the reps at all):

"Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition.

It can take at least six weeks for the National Visa Center (NVC) to receive an approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and enter it in the U.S. Department of State's database system. If it has been less than six weeks since USCIS approved your petition, you don't need to take any action at this point.

If USCIS approved your petition more than six weeks ago, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. You can attach the scanned copy to an email, and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

In the subject line of your email, please type the original receipt number from your I-130 Approval Notice. If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition. Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved. If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is a notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283."

Best of luck!

Thanks buddy. They said to expect a letter by Nov 7th so we shall wait and see

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just checked the mail and got the notice.

Case Approved.

Date : February 02 .

Nebraska 

Case was approved on Oct 23rd. No email notifications, app or website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, gmta said:

Just checked the mail and got the notice.

Case Approved.

Date : February 02 .

Nebraska 

Case was approved on Oct 23rd. No email notifications, app or website.

Congrats to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.