meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Zain said:

just called the NVC

they said my case was received on 13th of July.

i should be getting a welcome package in email. they had my email wrong which i got fixed :)

she asked me to visit nvc.state.gov.

i cant seem to open this website.

is anyone else having the same issue as me?

thanks

That's good they fixed your email :)

As far as I know you would be checking the USCIS site https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do for your case status and then once that has cleared to approved you begin calling the NVC. You will definitely receive a welcome package but it is faster to obtain your case number and IIN by calling every few days. After 2 weeks or so you can call every day.

What you are told will vary depending on how nice the person who answers the phone at the NVC is.

If you don't want to call and are in no rush - what you were told is correct - you can simply wait for the welcome pack to arrive in a few weeks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, larnar1309 said:

That's good they fixed your email :)

As far as I know you would be checking the USCIS site https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do for your case status and then once that has cleared to approved you begin calling the NVC. You will definitely receive a welcome package but it is faster to obtain your case number and IIN by calling every few days. After 2 weeks or so you can call every day.

What you are told will vary depending on how nice the person who answers the phone at the NVC is.

If you don't want to call and are in no rush - what you were told is correct - you can simply wait for the welcome pack to arrive in a few weeks! 

just for some info,

once i get the case number and IIN, what would be my next step?

thanks

17 hours ago, acidrain said:

When I went onto Visa Journey Timeline today I BLEW A GASKET. According to USCIS website as of May 31, 2017 Nebraska was processing cases from: Nov 15, 2016. When I looked at Visa Journey today they are processing cases from Nov 21, 2017!!!!! This means in over 30 WORK DAYS they have only done 6 DAYS OF APPLICATIONS! If me or my spouse worked this slow WE WOULD BE FIRED!!! I'd rant about how they are Government but these guys are being paid with OUR APPLICATION FEES! WHAT HAVE I PAID MONEY FOR??? Nebraska is officially THE slowest service center now. My estimated completion date says Oct. Every week it keeps getting pushed back. Has everyone in the NSC gone home for the summer??

I am thinking of typing up a letter to send to the DHS Office of the Inspector General as the Ombudsman does not have the power to do anything. It might be even worth sending the higher ups in DHS a letter too. I don't care what planet a person is from this situation is not right. Our family is paying an extra $3,000 a month to live separately. I sure hope they transfer files to other service centers because at this rate Feb filers will be lucky to get an approval BY THE END OF 2017!!!! I'm sure the other service centers will be THRILLED to get the workload of Nebraska. Not only is this service center incredibly rude but they can't handle their own workload. This is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Hi,  one question, why didn't you apply for a status adjustment within the US, so that you could be with your loved one during the wait?  It seems like it would have been easier on your family financially....?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I applied for a k3 visa in addition to the i130 It looks like the k3 may become invalid since I130 has picked up the processing time.   I'm feeling hopeful with seeing all the approvals coming through lately :)!    My fingers are crossed that mine will be in the mail soon!  I'm still confused with the next process..any idea how long once its sent to NVS that my spouse would be able to come home?  This is the hardest thing I've ever done!!

1 hour ago, Zain said:

just for some info,

once i get the case number and IIN, what would be my next step?

thanks

When getting the case number and IIN over the phone make sure to give both beneficiary and petitioners email address so you can receive your welcome papers by email in addition to snail mail.

with those numbers you can login to ceac https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  where you can fill out and submit your ds-261 (choice of agent form) this should be available a few hours after you receive you case number and IIN.

In the meantime make sure you have everything you need for your affidavit of support and IV packages so that you can send them off once your fees are paid.

Edited by larnar1309

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with USCIS. Tier 1 customer service with very basic access. They pretty much see what we see online. They did put in a service request for the case. Advised that I should be hearing back from "someone via phone, email, or a letter mailed in 0-30 days". Looks like we are in another 30 days waiting period and than waiting period after these 30 days. 

2 hours ago, Dreamiej said:

So I just got off the phone with USCIS. Tier 1 customer service with very basic access. They pretty much see what we see online. They did put in a service request for the case. Advised that I should be hearing back from "someone via phone, email, or a letter mailed in 0-30 days". Looks like we are in another 30 days waiting period and than waiting period after these 30 days. 

I did the same thing you did yesterday, I called USCIS about the confusion for why they're up to May 2017 & skipped February-May. So they put in a service request for me too. But I think by the time they contact you and I we would be approved by then because others here haven't gotten approved yet for February. I think USCIS did a mistake on their updates? Idk. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, JonnyKtao said:

I did the same thing you did yesterday, I called USCIS about the confusion for why they're up to May 2017 & skipped February-May. So they put in a service request for me too. But I think by the time they contact you and I we would be approved by then because others here haven't gotten approved yet for February. I think USCIS did a mistake on their updates? Idk. 

i agree. i think they are just going to come around and say "oops, that was a typo (error) on the chart". so im not really anxious about what they are going to do or say. i just want my approval letter, thats all lol

Edited by skhal625

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Caro285 said:

Hi,  one question, why didn't you apply for a status adjustment within the US, so that you could be with your loved one during the wait?  It seems like it would have been easier on your family financially....?

In Jan our family tried to enter the US with a U-haul worth of all our stuff in hopes to adjust status. I was under the impression this was legal as Canadians are able to visit the US for up to 6 months. I was given a section 212 7 a denial (intent to immigrate) and told I needed to file for a green card back in Canada. We hired a lawyer who advised us there is a way to adjust status but you would have to execute the plan perfectly from the start. Since everyone is aware of our situation including customs we have no choice. Since I got that denial I'm on a special screening list and have to report to secondary customs to prove my ties to Canada and that I will return. My lawyer advised giving the border a declaration stating I will not adjust status as I'm sure they are afraid of me doing just that. In other words I forfeit my right to adjust status every time I enter the US but at this point seeing my spouse and allowing him to see our 4 year old son on a regular basis is keeping our sanity.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, AlisonC said:

My NOA1 is February 27 and is at Potomac. Received notification this week of a RFE (request for evidence). Anxiously awaiting the letter in the post to see what we need to do 😐

Sending positive vibes your way! I can only imagine how stressful this must be for you. If it's any consolation I'm at the Nebraska Service Center and probably won't be approved for another few months. I bet your i130 will still get approved before ours!

5 hours ago, skhal625 said:

i agree. i think they are just going to come around and say "oops, that was a typo (error) on the chart". so im not really anxious about what they are going to do or say. i just want my approval letter, thats all lol

Yeah I think so too! I want my approval letter too! Lol 😩 

I have a feeling it will be by the end of this month or mid August we should get approved! 

It seems that us Nebraska February filers are stuck waiting 3-4 more months. Up to 8-9 months just for NOA2. 

*Opens the bottle of Whisky* 

cheers! to government ineptitude, my fellow Nebraska victims!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
51 minutes ago, JonnyKtao said:

Yeah I think so too! I want my approval letter too! Lol 😩 

I have a feeling it will be by the end of this month or mid August we should get approved! 

i really hope ur right...  my PD is Feb 27, 2017 by the way. close to yours...

best of luck to you :)

On 7/14/2017 at 10:22 PM, skhal625 said:

i really hope ur right...  my PD is Feb 27, 2017 by the way. close to yours...

best of luck to you :)

Yeah we have the same PD! 

Best of luck to you too! 😊🙏🏼🙏🏼 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.