Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, jadeswanson said:

@Sungtory Create an account here. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov add all of your Receipt numbers and let us know what those say. You might find something you have been looking for too! Let us know :D

Thanks. Also, meant to post on the Sept Filer thread...sorry for the confusion...didn't meant to discourage any of you in the Feb Filer thread :)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on my N-400/I-751 visit to USCIS today.

I had an N-400 Biometrics appointment scheduled at noon and an I-751 Mis-Infopass scheduled at 1pm. When booking the Infopass, I thought I ought to give myself an hour just incase they were slammed.

I arrived at the Biometrics Office 11:30am and was greeted by a lovely woman. There was only one other person in the room and they had just finished their biometrics. The woman asked me to complete the standard sheet/questionnaire. I was 'Code 5' on my biometrics letter so I just had to do a photo, signature and place my four right-hand fingers on the scanning pad simultaneously and that was it! I was out of the door by 11:35am! Five minutes later my N-400 application status changed to 'My case is being actively reviewed by USCIS'.  My expected completion date also jumped back from January 2019 to November 2018.

I headed up to the main USCIS office hoping they might see me regarding my outstanding I-751 early. When I got to the office it was dead, with just a few people coming and going, including bored looking members of staff. Naturally. I still had to wait until 12:50pm to be seen. I handed the woman on the desk my passport, I-751 extension letter and expired green card. About 20 minutes later, I was called in by a friendly immigration officer. He asked to take two fingerprints and another photo. He then handed me back my passport with a 12 month I-551 stamp and returned my expired green card,

I then mentioned that I'd received a case transfer notice the day before stating that my I-751 case was being transferred to the NBC. He said he couldn't see much on the computer, but said my case was probably being transferred to their office for a combo interview with my N-400. The officer said that it should be a combo interview, but sometimes they still do the I-751 & N-400 separately.

I then asked the officer if they were seeing a sudden and recent surge in I-751 cases at the office. He said no, and that they only process the few that need an interview, and that the service centers process the majority of the cases. I didn't ask him if he knew about thousands of cases being transferred to local offices, but I didn't get the impression that he did.

Anyway, back to waiting for me. I'm hoping to see a status update of 'We reviewed your biometrics' by tomorrow.

Good luck all!

Edited by Derwood
Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
32 minutes ago, jadeswanson said:

What service center did you file? if VSC... go check your mail box (possible approval or notice coming soon) .. if CSC... probably couple more weeks\months of waiting.

Sadly, we are CSC 2/6/17. 

38 minutes ago, erinandahmet said:

So I did that, but instead of saying my case was transferred to my local office the way it does on USCIS it says it was received on those dates. This leads me towards the glitch theory. I guess i can wait another week to see if i get a real transfer letter but nothing so far. 

Although....it doesn't show the March 5th update which is also on my USCIS account. Weird. 

cases copy.jpeg

I'm seeing the same as you on the Feb 25 and Feb 26 updates.

21 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on my N-400/I-751 visit to USCIS today.

I had an N-400 Biometrics appointment scheduled at noon and an I-751 Mis-Infopass scheduled at 1pm. When booking the Infopass, I thought I ought to give myself an hour just incase they were slammed.

I arrived at the Biometrics Office 11:30am and was greeted by a lovely woman. There was only one other person in the room and they had just finished their biometrics. The woman asked me to complete the standard sheet/questionnaire. I was 'Code 5' on my biometrics letter so I just had to do a photo, signature and place my four right-hand fingers on the scanning pad simultaneously and that was it! I was out of the door by 11:35am! Five minutes later my N-400 application status changed to 'My case is being actively reviewed by USCIS'.  My expected completion date also jumped back from January 2019 to November 2018.

I headed up to the main USCIS office hoping they might see me regarding my outstanding I-751 early. When I got to the office it was dead, with just a few people coming and going, including bored looking members of staff. Naturally. I still had to wait until 12:50pm to be seen. I handed the woman on the desk my passport, I-751 extension letter and expired green card. About 20 minutes later, I was called in by a friendly immigration officer. He asked to take two fingerprints and another photo. He then handed me back my passport with a 12 month I-551 stamp and returned my expired green card,

I then mentioned that I'd received a case transfer notice the day before stating that my I-751 case was being transferred to the NBC. He said he couldn't see much on the computer, but said my case was probably being transferred to their office for a combo interview with my N-400. The officer said that it should be a combo interview, but sometimes they still do the I-751 & N-400 separately.

I then asked the officer if they were seeing a sudden and recent surge in I-751 cases at the office. He said no, and that they only process the few that need an interview, and that the service centers process the majority of the cases. I didn't ask him if he knew about thousands of cases being transferred to local offices, but I didn't get the impression that he did.

Anyway, back to waiting for me. I'm hoping to see a status update of 'We reviewed your biometrics' by tomorrow.

Good luck all!

nice report and thanks for sharing

5 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

Just saw this and I think it might help u answer questions about interview scheduling for early filers like u n I. 

If this is correct, what happens to divorce waivers like me who filed over a year ago?  You are obligated to file I-751 as soon as you get divorced, no choice. My GC expires in November, does that mean I wont get my interview scheduled before October? I think this is highly unlikely.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jack337 said:

If this is correct, what happens to divorce waivers like me who filed over a year ago?  You are obligated to file I-751 as soon as you get divorced, no choice. My GC expires in November, does that mean I wont get my interview scheduled before October? I think this is highly unlikely.

Really? People who file a divorce waiver need to file ROC right after? Do you have appropriate links? Thanks! 

(Doesn't apply to me, but I run a visa group and I know some people this might affect. I haven't heard this before.) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone. I haven't used VisaJourney in such a long time! I started browsing again today and decided to look up my case numbers to see if there was any change. On the USCIS website where you track the case with the one-time entry box, it showed the message about being transferred to the local office on March 5th. I then registered for the other website that is linked earlier in the thread, and had the same "we received your case" message on Feb 25th and Feb 26th that a lot of people have been receiving, but no mention of the March 5th message.

At this point I'm trying not to get my hopes up that everything has been approved, but it makes for a nice change to actually have something going on with my case, even if it ends up being a glitch! I filed last Feb, got the extension stamp in the passport about 4 weeks ago and had resigned myself to waiting until around July to hear anything new based on the CSC backlog.

Will be interesting to see what develops in the next few weeks, but I hope it results in some good news for us all.

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

1 hour ago, erinandahmet said:

Really? People who file a divorce waiver need to file ROC right after? Do you have appropriate links? Thanks! 

(Doesn't apply to me, but I run a visa group and I know some people this might affect. I haven't heard this before.) 

What links? I am not a lawyer, saying out of personal experience, if your visa is marriage based and you get divorced you are out of status untill you file. 

Just wanted to post it here as well since we had a lot of conversations on a subject in this thread: 

Guys I just got back from I info pass that I made specifically to figure out where my case at since I'm just like all of us got "case transferred to the local office" updates. 

After looking at my statuses and checking in his system IO told me straight up "this update makes no sence. Must be something wrong with computer system. You case is definetely still at CSC. Don't pay attention to online updates because it's clearly wrong. The only real update you should pay attention to is going to come at the mailbox: RFE, interview or approval. Your case has been at CSC since the date you filed and it's stays there as it showing at our system." 

Then I said there is thousands cases with the same exactl status and he told me well, as I said, it's something wrong with computer system. No mass transfers to local offices ever happened.

So, now I finally can sit back and relax knowing my strong guess about the glitch is confirmed and just patiently wait my turn at Cali.

Now, case that got transferred to National Benefits Center indeed have a legit updates: but even a wording on this updates is different from a local office transfer thing. 

I see no surprise in it since CSC does not process n 400 and it's required in person interview regardless. So yea, these cases MUST be transferred at some point. 

But whoever did not received an update ( and a mail!) about it and did not have a combo case going, that Case transfer to local office thing IS A GLITCH.

finally, sorted out. 

Stay patient, stay positive, your case is just waiting your turn at Cervice center. 

You have 2 new notifications

Jack337 commented on I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

Edited by Scazy

Thanks for the info @Derwood. It's interesting sometimes they still do both separate.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Hi everyone! I have been a long time lurker, first time poster! We filed for I-751 RCO on February 16, 2017, and my extension letter expires on May 8, 2018. Does anyone know if I have to schedule an Infopass appointment to get the stamp I-551 in the passport, even if I'm not planning to leave the US during this time? We were planning to go back to our home country this summer, but looks like with the processing time right now at CSV, February filer like us won't hear anything until July-August 2018 :mellow:. Also, anyone has tips and trick for getting an Infopass appointment. The website keeps saying no appointment available! If I really do need to get the stamp, can I schedule my appointment now, or should I wait until a month or 2 weeks before my extension letter expires? I heard sometimes they won't give you the stamp if you come in to early. We live in Dallas area if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jack337 said:

What links? I am not a lawyer, saying out of personal experience, if your visa is marriage based and you get divorced you are out of status untill you file. 

Hmm, I never heard that you are out of status because you got divorced. I know you would need a divorcer waiver for your ROC, but I understood that your GC was still good until it expires whether you are single or divorced. I am wondering a source so I can post it in my group, because most people probably do not know that if it is true. 

3 minutes ago, erinandahmet said:

Hmm, I never heard that you are out of status because you got divorced. I know you would need a divorcer waiver for your ROC, but I understood that your GC was still good until it expires whether you are single or divorced. I am wondering a source so I can post it in my group, because most people probably do not know that if it is true. 

You are out of status if you are separated, not living with your spouse even if you are in process of getting divorced!

Maybe it is all nonsense, doesn't matter now anyway!

I don't give two cents about who's right and am not in mood to give out arguments and counter arguments!

Peace out!

5 hours ago, Jack337 said:

This applies to N400 not ROC, someone who is doing a joint filing asked about their interview as they have an interview notice they cant yet access.  The best person to answer a question about a divorce waiver interview would be @mindthegap they are totally clued up about the ins and outs of divorce waivers and interviews.  So yes you probably wont be waiting until October. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.