2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, j217 said:

Hi everyone! and to my fellow Dallas filers in this thread.  We got approved on the spot today. God is great!  Do not be afraid if your marriage is really true they will see it right away. I have bunch of additional evidence but the officer said he doesn't need to look at them.  We just answered the yes or no on the i-485 and was asked about each other's birthday.  The officer said we are approved and should just wait for the mail in the next 14 days. Just an advice though. dress in business suit,  we got complimented by doing so. Wishing everyone a successful journey!

AOS - Marriage based

PD  02/07/2017

Interview date 06/21/2018

Approved on the spot

Congratulations!!!! Happy for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Good news Dallas applicants! I received a mail and text notifications today that they just scheduled an interview for us and we are to wait for the interview letter to arrive on the mail! 

Timeline
On 7/8/2018 at 11:32 AM, Luke+Lea said:

Good news Dallas applicants! I received a mail and text notifications today that they just scheduled an interview for us and we are to wait for the interview letter to arrive on the mail! 

I got my interview notice today! Priority date was Feb. 28, 2017. Interview date will be Aug.9, 2018. Good luck and God bless everyone! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, Luke+Lea said:

I got my interview notice today! Priority date was Feb. 28, 2017. Interview date will be Aug.9, 2018. Good luck and God bless everyone! 

are you K1? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post that I finally got my EAD/AP renewal in case anyone else was still waiting for their green card like I am.  It took 5 months, almost exactly double the time it took for the first one.  I'm starting to feel like one of the only ones still waiting but I am sure there are more of you out there.  I have no idea what's happening with my application or why it's taking so long but the USCIS processing time chart now says it can take up to 20 months for AOS through San Francisco.  Last time I checked though my application hadn't even left NBC.  I also put through a case inquiry and just got back the standard we can't tell you anything and who knows how long this will take.  I don't really care that much about the green card but I am just pissed that all this time I have been here won't count towards when I can apply for citizenship.  At this point I am kind of hoping it takes longer than two years and then I can get a 10 year card and not have to lift restrictions, lol.  Oh well, hope everyone's journey is going well!

Timeline
1 hour ago, CaliforniaBoy5 said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post that I finally got my EAD/AP renewal in case anyone else was still waiting for their green card like I am.  It took 5 months, almost exactly double the time it took for the first one.  I'm starting to feel like one of the only ones still waiting but I am sure there are more of you out there.  I have no idea what's happening with my application or why it's taking so long but the USCIS processing time chart now says it can take up to 20 months for AOS through San Francisco.  Last time I checked though my application hadn't even left NBC.  I also put through a case inquiry and just got back the standard we can't tell you anything and who knows how long this will take.  I don't really care that much about the green card but I am just pissed that all this time I have been here won't count towards when I can apply for citizenship.  At this point I am kind of hoping it takes longer than two years and then I can get a 10 year card and not have to lift restrictions, lol.  Oh well, hope everyone's journey is going well!

I am in the exact same situation.. I applied for the GC March 1st, 2017. Still waiting for my EAD/AP renewal, which I applied March 7th, 2018. I feel so frustrated. I have a travel schedule on August 31st, and now I am afraid I won’t make it :(

contacted my congressman last week but still no news from him. 

Does your EAD/AP application continue to process after you receive the “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”?  At won’t point does the EAD/AP application get canceled? Is it after you have been approved for a green card or when your interview has been scheduled? 

i want my EAD/AP to continue processing because I’m not sure how long it will take for my interview to be scheduled. 

Thanks in advance 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Rbalsara96 said:

Does your EAD/AP application continue to process after you receive the “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”?  At won’t point does the EAD/AP application get canceled? Is it after you have been approved for a green card or when your interview has been scheduled? 

i want my EAD/AP to continue processing because I’m not sure how long it will take for my interview to be scheduled. 

Thanks in advance 

They don’t cancel EAD renewal eventhough you have an upcoming green card interview. I’ve been receiving email and text notifications about my EAD alongside with my green card application. I’ll have interview on August 9. And my renewed EAD is expected to arrive on July 21, which in 2 days, according to USPS tracking system. 

• 2 weeks later...

My green card was delivered today :)  10 Years

I was asked to do a new medical and got a RFE during the interview. submitted it the following week and application was approved 2 days after it was received.

The funny part was, ,my ead renewal just updated yesterday to card in production Lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 12:59 PM, Day1989 said:

I am in the exact same situation.. I applied for the GC March 1st, 2017. Still waiting for my EAD/AP renewal, which I applied March 7th, 2018. I feel so frustrated. I have a travel schedule on August 31st, and now I am afraid I won’t make it :(

contacted my congressman last week but still no news from him. 

Did you buy travel insurance? If not, huge mistake considering your situation.......If you already wrote your congressman, try it again, call USCIS and talk to tier 2 support and ask where your case is.......

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
On 7/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, T_P said:

Did you buy travel insurance? If not, huge mistake considering your situation.......If you already wrote your congressman, try it again, call USCIS and talk to tier 2 support and ask where your case is.......

No, I did not. I don’t care for the money, that is not important. I had other things planned months ahead that can’t be postponed, unfortunately.

I talked several times with Tier 2 officers, congressmen as well, and they can’t do anything for me. I also went to Infopass and it was completely worthless.

I will just let it go now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Day1989 said:

I don’t care for the money, that is not important.

THAT. That is what I am talking about people. It must be nice. 🤑💸

Let me get back to work though.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 hour ago, T_P said:

THAT. That is what I am talking about people. It must be nice. 🤑💸

Let me get back to work though.

What I am saying is that I will not go bankrupt because of that. That is the least I am worried about. I can postpone the flight but I can’t postpone the plans I had there. Is not always about flights and hotels, but I sure tou know that.

Besides that, thanks for the advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.