skitlee

Processing times for Potomac

26 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

New update got me puzzled as it is showing that YSC is processing below petition :S, god know what happened to the i-130 petition. Status still showing case received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On Thursday, November 09, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Zonenetork said:

So can anyone tell why they like to you and then get mad when you call them out on it. So I’ll post three photos about theirs processing times 

CCEC5F5C-CAEB-4580-AE84-4F2331F811C6.png

Anyone else tried to Check the site again and doesnt see the processing times for CR-1 anymore? :o

Screenshot_2018-01-30-14-47-08.png

So I recently talked back to them and gave me a script saying that sometimes they get behind and back date what they post online. And stayed that some forms take even longer now like if you do K1- k4 visa that it is taking close to 2 years now and if you do an i130 it can take up to 10 months now no long 5 to 9 months just straight 10 months. And every time I call them feels like I’m told something new and different each time or even I’m wrong even if I was just told certain information by a rep 10 mins prior. No one is on the same page with the information it’s kind of pathetic to be honest. And they give you a script answer that doesn’t answer your question most the time and get mad if you question what they say or tell them they still haven’t answered your question. Had a few hang up on me or tell me I’m not listening to them when they didn’t answer my question trying make it seem like they did

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my case was received on March 28, 2017, I got my receipt couple of days later and since then it only shows case received, after submitting case inquiry, I was told I was going to get a response in 60 days,  after 60 days no response. It has been 10 months and now potomac service center wich was suppose to be handling my i130 petition, does not even show that it is processing i130 form. God help us all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zonenetork said:

So I recently talked back to them and gave me a script saying that sometimes they get behind and back date what they post online. And stayed that some forms take even longer now like if you do K1- k4 visa that it is taking close to 2 years now and if you do an i130 it can take up to 10 months now no long 5 to 9 months just straight 10 months. And every time I call them feels like I’m told something new and different each time or even I’m wrong even if I was just told certain information by a rep 10 mins prior. No one is on the same page with the information it’s kind of pathetic to be honest. And they give you a script answer that doesn’t answer your question most the time and get mad if you question what they say or tell them they still haven’t answered your question. Had a few hang up on me or tell me I’m not listening to them when they didn’t answer my question trying make it seem like they did

USCIS is a mess. I agree with everything you said. It took 9 1/2 months for my i130 to get approved. They have some type of eeny miny miney moe system. Often they don't approve applications by ordered received. Many of the TIer 1 reps at USCIS are unprofessional. I know they wanted to cut down phone wait times so they hired more people to answer calls. Unfortunately the staff don't recite anything other than what you already know. I think for immediate relatives i130's should be processed at consulates again. It's ridiculous it takes up to 10 months to do what used to be done in one day.

Edited by acidrain

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I received my receipt today for my I-130 petition and I was almost sure my application was heading to the Vermont processing center due to my location which is in New England.  I actually was sent to Potomac processing center which appears to have a 4 month longer processing time than Vermont.  Does anyone know what determines the center that takes your case and also if the posted wait times are true or if the I-130 is ever processed before the listed time estimate.  Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.