AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, mahasib said:

Yayyyyyy....just want to share a good news. I just got my NOA2 by postal mail. My PD was Jan 26th. My petition was approved on July 22nd. But the website did not update yet. I was in TSC. It looks like TSC is working on late Jan right now. Good Luck for those who are still waiting. 

Congratulations! My sleeping "hopes" just woke up! 😁 Thank you for the good news!

Edited by Mini

3 hours ago, mrahman14 said:

Congrats. My situation is opposite .I have received email and text confirmation (USCIS website also updated as well) about approval but have not received the NOA2 letter yet. Today got another email saying that they have send my case to NVC today

That is very strange...I did not get any email nor text. Just the hard copy of NOA2. Either way, we got the approval notice, that's all matter at the end :) 

1 hour ago, Mini said:

Congratulations! My sleeping "hopes" just woke up! 😁 Thank you for the good news!

Yes. Keep checking your mail box... I think your one is on the way. Good Luck !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Now on holidays in the USA. Here is our  "Must See list":

Any USCIS office

Any NVC office

Nebraska Service Center in Lincoln, NE, (just to take some pics of the place we'll be ranting about for the next months)

Example:

Me with NSC and a cup of cold coffee (no need to explain why the coffee is cold)

Me with NSC in the background holding a (cold) Hot Dog  and making some funny faces and saying some obscene words while linking the hot dog to the NSC

Me with NSC in the background, and with a stray dog with permanent resident permit that looks to mock at me with evident insolence

and so...

Happy holidays, we don't expect anything until September, so no stress...

:D

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

12 hours ago, Mini said:

I have actually created a profile on USCIS website and add my case on it. Then you can sign on for text and email alert. This way you can get an update even before you get your mail for NOA2

20 hours ago, Yeonin said:

nice move! I hope your interview goes well. You know I need to just chill for a year orso after getting there I'm 35 been working since I was around 17 and put myself through college and such, I need a breather and I know I'll get bored quick. My wife works around the country as an independent safety manager so if it's up to her I'll be traveling with her for a while...she'd be happy if I said I won't be working, she's been trying the " I earn more than well enough for you not to have to work" 😁😂, I just give her he side eye and don't respond to her. But I know myself pretty darn well...i will get bored quickly doing nothing. We also have to move to Charleston SC when I get there, so lots to take care of.

congratz

Thank you! I'm the same putting myself through college etc. Now about to start the 2nd year of my MSc :) Haha my husband is the same!! he is always trying to work extra but its been so nice this holiday his boss understands we dont see each other much and has also experienced long distance so he has been finishing work at 13:30 and we get to spend the rest of the day together :D  I hope you can enjoy break for a year or so - its easy when you are with the one you love :) 

20 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

You have an interview already? That's awesome! I haven't even properly started looking at jobs yet. I thought it was way too soon lol. What field or work are you in? 

Yea ... I just looked around for a few things and decided to update my resume and apply. I wasn't really expecting a response but thought I may as well go for it. I work in translation at the moment but my MSc is in transpersonal psychology so I am hoping to switch to that field at some point :) how about you? What kinds of jobs are you wanting to go for? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a good news!! Got NOA2 for my two kids. They are actually 3, but USCIS still need something (documents) for my 3rd baby. Thank you Lord! For some january 2017 filers! Don't lose hope! 

2 hours ago, Mini said:

I have a good news!! Got NOA2 for my two kids. They are actually 3, but USCIS still need something (documents) for my 3rd baby. Thank you Lord! For some january 2017 filers! Don't lose hope! 

Congrats !! :) 

8 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Yea ... I just looked around for a few things and decided to update my resume and apply. I wasn't really expecting a response but thought I may as well go for it. I work in translation at the moment but my MSc is in transpersonal psychology so I am hoping to switch to that field at some point :) how about you? What kinds of jobs are you wanting to go for? 

Wow that's pretty cool! Im sure there's good demand for translation services. Well... I have a bachelor's in television and radio production lol but I've never actually used my degree. All my experience has been in education. I'll be going in to my fifth year as a special educational needs teaching assistant. Not sure if I'll look for a job along those lines when I move or potentially look at a new career path. Keeping my options open! Honestly I'd be totally happy with working in a supermarket or general retail for the first few months while I get settled! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney fellow members, greetings from Yosemite and Lake Tahoe (sorry, I had to brag about it!).

Vacation time in the US keeps going well, ### we received an email from NVC yesterday... only 10 days after our case was sent from TSC!

i must say that I'm quite surprised by how fast things seem to be unfolding now, fingers crossed for the rest of the procedure!

Have a great weekend everyone, we're off to the beach 😉

11 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hello VisaJourney fellow members, greetings from Yosemite and Lake Tahoe (sorry, I had to brag about it!).

Vacation time in the US keeps going well, ### we received an email from NVC yesterday... only 10 days after our case was sent from TSC!

i must say that I'm quite surprised by how fast things seem to be unfolding now, fingers crossed for the rest of the procedure!

Have a great weekend everyone, we're off to the beach 😉

Hey you too! nice to hear, enjoy your time there🤗

On 7/28/2017 at 4:46 AM, LaurenAndBrent said:

Vacay is going really well. Going far too quickly though!! But still super glad to be here and happy that when I leave at the end of august it'll be the last proper goodbye eeeeeeek! :) Do you know when you'll next see your wife? P.s I didn't get any emails about payments from NVC??? 

well she's only planning to be here for when I have to go in for my interview, can't tell when that will be. I've always been the one travel more. A bit of a bummer but anyhow I'm sure the sacrifice will pay off somehow. I can't travel because of my new project on August 1st 😑. Hopefully we get to do our DS260 this week, because me personally, Ican't stand the wait...feels like an unnecessary holdup 

3 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

well she's only planning to be here for when I have to go in for my interview, can't tell when that will be. I've always been the one travel more. A bit of a bummer but anyhow I'm sure the sacrifice will pay off somehow. I can't travel because of my new project on August 1st 😑. Hopefully we get to do our DS260 this week, because me personally, Ican't stand the wait...feels like an unnecessary holdup 

I TOTALLY agree! Getting so frustrated at the hold up at NVC. By now I should be in the queue for review seeing as all my documents are already sitting in their office. So annoying, but then I also think about how some people haven't even got their NOA2 yet so I shouldn't be complaining 😞 the whole process is a joke. Can't wait to be done with it! 

21 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

I TOTALLY agree! Getting so frustrated at the hold up at NVC. By now I should be in the queue for review seeing as all my documents are already sitting in their office. So annoying, but then I also think about how some people haven't even got their NOA2 yet so I shouldn't be complaining 😞 the whole process is a joke. Can't wait to be done with it! 

Yeah....i sympathise with the the ones waiting.  I even dreamed about my application at NVC lol I called and somehow I could see whatever green screen the lady was looking at, and I was wondering if I was even allowed to see what she was looking at😂. Usually when I dream of stuff there's something waiting to happen so I pray for good news next week, one step closer to moving permanently. Otherwise I'll start calling  them everyday 🤣🤣🤣

On 7/25/2017 at 7:58 AM, Indi91 said:

My case got approved on July 19th (PD Feb 27, Potomac service center) and I got the letter today. The case tracker app isn't updated yet. 

Congrats!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by UPS. 

05/08/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by UPS.

05/11/20  - Debit Card Charged.

05/14/20    - NOA date ( I called USCIS to get my receipt number no text or email received)

07/27/21-     Biometrics taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.