AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Got my interview date. 29th November. Im really annoyed by the whole thing. I missed out an October date by a day or two, how on earth can it be possible that 29th of November is my date?? Surely it should be the very beginning of November considering I narrowly missed end of October. I should be so delighted right now and im NOT. Im tempted to call them again and ask to speak to someone who will actually explain to me their logic but I fear it will be a huge waste of time. 

4 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Interview date!!!!! November 3rd!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂😂😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

im losing my mind!!! Can't believe the time has come!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! 🎉🎊 

6 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Got my interview date. 29th November. Im really annoyed by the whole thing. I missed out an October date by a day or two, how on earth can it be possible that 29th of November is my date?? Surely it should be the very beginning of November considering I narrowly missed end of October. I should be so delighted right now and im NOT. Im tempted to call them again and ask to speak to someone who will actually explain to me their logic but I fear it will be a huge waste of time. 

Awwwwww!!! Well congratulations on getting a date!!! You are sooooo close 

I have seen things about requesting an earlier date. So maybe you guys can look into that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

@LaurenAndBrent That's a bummer - it's like they're sticking it to you so you'll miss Thanksgiving - bastards. It is a bit odd that you barely miss one month and they put your date at the VERY END of the next one. They seriously need to reform legal immigration; this is the slowest process ever and a lot of people are separated throughout the whole damn thing. At least I'm with my wife and child during the petition and (if approved by end of November) - I'll have a month of the second part with them (I'm leaving in January to do a research masters). But, those Nebraska folks completely separated from family and kids for 18 months is borderline inhumane for an arbitrary process that could be done much more quickly. 6 months is completely reasonable for vetting and interviewing and if it were me, I'd penalise each office monetarily if they did not hit those targets, but that's why they probably would never let me do it, ha. :)

Edited by manseca

6 minutes ago, AnIJrny said:

Awwwwww!!! Well congratulations on getting a date!!! You are sooooo close 

I have seen things about requesting an earlier date. So maybe you guys can look into that?

I phoned NVC again, they are honestly the most useless people to deal with lol. I might try contacting London embassy to see if I can get an earlier date but they're closed right now so that's a job for tomorrow. They have zero logic to their system in scheduling interviews! She told me it was done on a basis of receiving CC yet clearly it is not 😂 I am so ready to be done with this whole process!!! 

15 minutes ago, manseca said:

@LaurenAndBrent That's a bummer - it's like they're sticking it to you so you'll miss Thanksgiving - bastards. It is a bit odd that you barely miss one month and they put your date at the VERY END of the next one. They seriously need to reform legal immigration; this is the slowest process ever and a lot of people are separated throughout the whole damn thing. At least I'm with my wife and child during the petition and (if approved by end of November) - I'll have a month of the second part with them (I'm leaving in January to do a research masters). But, those Nebraska folks completely separated from family and kids for 18 months is borderline inhumane for an arbitrary process that could be done much more quickly. 6 months is completely reasonable for vetting and interviewing and if it were me, I'd penalise each office monetarily if they did not hit those targets, but that's why they probably would never let me do it, ha. :)

Bastards is totally correct!!! The system is absolutely CORRUPT. I honestly can't believe there are people still stuck waiting in Nebraska, it is so so unfair. 

15 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

I phoned NVC again, they are honestly the most useless people to deal with lol. I might try contacting London embassy to see if I can get an earlier date but they're closed right now so that's a job for tomorrow. They have zero logic to their system in scheduling interviews! She told me it was done on a basis of receiving CC yet clearly it is not 😂 I am so ready to be done with this whole process!!! 

Yea NVC wouldn't be able to move it up. You have to wait until the embassy has received your case (once you receive the email, they should have received it)

below is a letter i found somewhere on NVC to request earlier appt 

Thank you Dragi  (L)

For those who want to request an earlier interview date here is a template written up by our own TeaCup.
Thank you TeaCup for the Template on how to notify the embassy 
Petitioners Name
Petitioners Date of birth
Beneficiary's Name
Beneficiary's Date of birth

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

2 minutes ago, AnIJrny said:

Hehehehehehehe 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

thats me super excited because we too have our interview date!!!! 

11/29/17

🙄🙄🙄 

so late

Oh hey, high five on being interview date buddies!! Congrats! I guess I should be excited now too lol just so angry with the whole process... I'll get over it 😂

1 minute ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Oh hey, high five on being interview date buddies!! Congrats! I guess I should be excited now too lol just so angry with the whole process... I'll get over it 😂

Yea I mean I'm less excited than I would've been if it was earlier in the month. BUT. WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!! that's what we've been waiting for and we got it!!!!

cheer up buttercup haha 

4 hours ago, RudelCraig said:

We've all lost our minds months ago!!  :) 

Congrats! Hope it goes well..

Thank you so much Rudel! :) hoping you will be in the same boat soon enough !! 

4 hours ago, Yeonin said:

yaaaayyyyy! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Ahhhhh 😭😭😭😭 thank you!!! 

1 hour ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Whhaaaaaaatttttt????? Howwwww????? I was thinking mines the 3rd so yours would definitely be the 1st?!?! What happened??? :( definitely ask the embassy to push you forward ! Doesn't make any sense at all???

1 hour ago, AnIJrny said:

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! 🎉🎊 

Thank you so much!!!! 😭😭😭🎉

Wow! I didn't check in here for a few days and wow is all I can say! 

CONGRATS to those who have dates for interviews!!

I finally got my husband's NBI police clearance. And I am about to submit it. 

We had a lot of trouble because his name had a record showing, but it was someone else with his name, not him. So the first one took 14 days to process, and then he went back to pick it up and they made a mistake on it and it showed him as single, not as married. This was not his fault but theirs, and they had to reprocess it but still he had to pay for a second one! I was so mad, because it took another 10 days to reprocess! Now that I have it in hand I hope to get this mailed before the weekend so we can get the second review process underway.

The updated my address (it took 3 weeks for them to do that!)

Anyway, good luck people!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I see folks here complaining that their interview date is too far at the same time there are folks in same Jan filers group that have not gotten NOA2... Guys, seriously though, you should really be happy and content that you have an interview date, imagine if you are in the shoes of your fellow Jan filers that haven't seen NOA2, what would you be saying instead?

Please and please just suck it up and be glad you got an interview date and you are almost seeing finish line. 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.