Klepley

AOS August Filers Part 2

156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Submitted my service request as well, my processing site says Aug 11th dates, and my NOA date was 18th, and that was last updated for 31st Jan, so bit curious what's going on.

K1 Visa Timeline - UK Beneficiary - Approved!

31/12/15 Engagement 17/01/16 I-129f sent via FedEx to Lewisville, TX

19/01/16 Delivered and signed for 21/01/16 NOA1 Email - CSC

22/01/16 Cheque cashed 29/01/16 NOA1 Hard Copy
21/01/16 Police Certificate Received 07/03/16 Name Update Notification - Not requested (12.30am GMT)
07/03/16 NOA2 Email/Notification (4.30am GMT) 10/03/16 NOA2 Hard Copy
19/03/16 Vaccinations brought up to date 29/03/16 NVC Received and Case Numbers assigned
30/03/16 NVC Dispatched 31/03/16 Medical Booked for 15/04/16
01/04/16 Embassy Received 05/04/16 Embassy Ready
05/04/16 DS-160 Submitted 06/04/16 Packet 3 Received
06/04/16 Notification of Readiness Submitted 08/04/16 NVC letter received
15/04/16 Medical Complete 21/04/16 Medical Info arrival at Embassy
03/05/16 Scheduled interview with Embassy. 05/05/16 (Packet 4?) Email received from Embassy advising to book interview. (New Process)
20/05/16 CEAC Updated (Unsure as to why) 23/05/16 Packet 4 letter received.
01/06/16 Interview Scheduled. Approved! 02/06/16 CEAC Update Administrative Processing (and a new created date)

03/06/16 CEAC Issued 07/06/16 Tracking information received

08/06/16 Ready for collection at Depot 08/06/16 Collected

08/07/16 POE Newark 21/07/16 Wedding in San Francisco

07/22/16 Convert to using US format dates :ranting:

Social Security Number

7/14/16 SSN applied for in person 7/20/16 SSN Received

NY State Drivers Licence

7/20/16 Applied for NY Drivers Licence, passed theory 7/27/16 Permit Received

8/15/16 New car bought :dancing: 8/20/16 Classroom based 'instruction' booked

8/27/16 Classroom instruction completed. 8/27/16 Practical test booked. (Parallel parking... :unsure:)

9/19/16 Practical test passed.

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP Timeline

8/15/16 AOS Sent next day via USPS.

8/16/16 AOS Received at Chicago.

8/18/16 AOS NOA1 Issued, email and text notification received.

8/22/16 AOS NOA1 Hard copy received.

9/2/16 Bio Metrics Letter received for 13th September.

9/2/16 Change of Address Requested

9/13/16 Biometrics completed.

9/13/16 Change of Address confirmed completed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just got some e-mails on out cases.

They ordered our cards on the 8th and we were approved on the 9th. 

No interview as I had really hoped we wouldn't get! So happy.

Hope everyone else will hear something soon.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, lacolinab13 said:

Congrats Georgia!

My husband's card was mailed yesterday so I assume we will get it early next week.

Thanks!

Sounds about right they are pretty fast with the GC.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

So I got my driver's license last week and I just realized now that it expires at the end of May of this year but my EAD expires in November. Is this normal? I don't think I'll have the interview done and much less the greencard by the end of may so what then? Will I have to take the tests again? 

Anybody in the same situation?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gatsby9 said:

So I got my driver's license last week and I just realized now that it expires at the end of May of this year but my EAD expires in November. Is this normal? I don't think I'll have the interview done and much less the greencard by the end of may so what then? Will I have to take the tests again? 

Anybody in the same situation?

If you haven't gotten anything then you renew your EAD and take that to the DMV and they will renew you DL to the new date of that no new tests. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

The automated message at USCIS says our case is still in Lee's Summit. But when I actually talked to somebody (don't know if she was tier 2 or not), she said the case has been transferred to Baltimore. And guess what... Baltimore is processing cases from APRIL 2016. Guess we're in it for the long haul.

So, don't always trust the automated message! Also, hubby's medical will expire at the end of April. Will he be required to get a new one if he hasn't had his interview by then (highly unlikely)?

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

51 minutes ago, blackeyedsusan said:

The automated message at USCIS says our case is still in Lee's Summit. But when I actually talked to somebody (don't know if she was tier 2 or not), she said the case has been transferred to Baltimore. And guess what... Baltimore is processing cases from APRIL 2016. Guess we're in it for the long haul.

So, don't always trust the automated message! Also, hubby's medical will expire at the end of April. Will he be required to get a new one if he hasn't had his interview by then (highly unlikely)?

Yeah I have seen other people post about getting conflicting info. Ours has not been touched since received on August 12th, message says Lees Summit. I can't bring myself to call and ask for tier 2 yet, but our field office in Maine is past our date now..they are processing September 2016. We put in an online request for a status update and are supposed to hear back by April 5th. I know they will ask for a new medical if it's expired by the time USCIS reviews your application. Not sure if they do so at the interview stage.

Edited by prenouveau
typo
Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

OMG! Make it 2 of us who got an approval after submitting an online request to check the status of our case. We just got notified "New card being produced" as a result of our inquiry. Thank you to the member who suggested it! 

Spoiler

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/29/16...Medical

7/14/16...Visa Issued

ROC

2/20/19...Check cashed

Timeline
2 minutes ago, prenouveau said:

OMG! Make it 2 of us who got an approval after submitting an online request to check the status of our case. We just got notified "New card being produced" as a result of our inquiry. Thank you to the member who suggested it! 

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, prenouveau said:

Congrats! I do think those requests work :)

4 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Congrats!

4 minutes ago, lacolinab13 said:

Congrats! I do think those requests work :)

Thank you!!

Spoiler

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/29/16...Medical

7/14/16...Visa Issued

ROC

2/20/19...Check cashed

So I submitted a Service Request on March 9th and it said to expect hear back on Mar 31st. Yesterday I called again trying to talk to tier 2 but no luck, today, March 24th 5 a.m. I got a text and went online.

Interview Scheduled! Thank goodness!

I am in SF, and processing time says that by Jan 31st they were processing cases of May 29th. So yea, it's quite accurate and about time for me as I am August filter, and interview is scheduled in next month!

I am wondering if those of you who had an interview before could give me some suggestions on what documents to prepare and to expect/ know what kind of questions etc.? My problem is that, my husband and I, even though we live together and cook/ sleep together everyday, we don't really share any documents (no lease/ insurance etc.) in both of our names jointly. And it's only because, we both have a job that provides benefits, and I am still waiting for his open enrolment in mid of the year to join; with lease, he has lived here with rent control for decade+ so we don't want to change and risk losing that. One thing we do have though, is a joint bank account and joint credit card. 

So can anyone please advise me some things to do or proofs to prepare to make my case stronger? Thank you!

Good luck to you all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, pysbfintp said:

So I submitted a Service Request on March 9th and it said to expect hear back on Mar 31st. Yesterday I called again trying to talk to tier 2 but no luck, today, March 24th 5 a.m. I got a text and went online.

Interview Scheduled! Thank goodness!

I am in SF, and processing time says that by Jan 31st they were processing cases of May 29th. So yea, it's quite accurate and about time for me as I am August filter, and interview is scheduled in next month!

I am wondering if those of you who had an interview before could give me some suggestions on what documents to prepare and to expect/ know what kind of questions etc.? My problem is that, my husband and I, even though we live together and cook/ sleep together everyday, we don't really share any documents (no lease/ insurance etc.) in both of our names jointly. And it's only because, we both have a job that provides benefits, and I am still waiting for his open enrolment in mid of the year to join; with lease, he has lived here with rent control for decade+ so we don't want to change and risk losing that. One thing we do have though, is a joint bank account and joint credit card. 

So can anyone please advise me some things to do or proofs to prepare to make my case stronger? Thank you!

Good luck to you all!

You can get a Costco card together. Do you guys pay utility bills? (water, electricity, gas, etc) if you do then add your name on them and bring proof. Make sure you have bank statements showing activity on your joint account, it's best if the statements show activity going back several months (the IO at my interview made copies of these), and bring your credit card statements. Do you share car insurance? If not then try to be added on one or each other's insurance (if you both have cars). Maybe a gym membership? Phone bill? Add your name on his plan or vice versa, go to your phone company and ask if your plans can be changed so that you can share only one instead of having two separate ones. If they ask you why you aren't on his health insurance or rent lease then simply explain the reasons why like you explained in your comment. They will most likely ask you questions about your life together, (what do you do, for work, for fun, on your free time, etc) and history of your relationship. (It's important that you both remember exact dates of the important moments of your relationship). If you don't have any of the above or can't get them in time, then make sure you print lots of pictures of you both together, from when you first started dating to the most recent, and especially with each other's family and friends and on trips and/or family events. 

Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.