Jump to content

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

just putting together my proof of communication and wondering what exactly to add to it, its only the last 2 years isn't it? for the inital application. i have the messages from tango, Facebook, emails, photos of his visit. do i need screenshots of Facebook notifications? anything else i need to add for communication?i have in there all the video calls we have made. 

 

thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.-

- Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. 

- Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. 

good luck ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChandaraUth said:

- Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.-

- Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. 

- Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. 

good luck ?

ok thanks. i have a few questions on that.....i dont have hotel receipts, he stayed with me, the photos are all digital, so would i need to get photo printer paper and print them out or do you think a powerpoint slide would be enough? i have written on the bottom of each photo the date, where we were and who was in them. we never used landline to call we always call video chats on Facebook,etc. i have made sure in the facebook messages it says the records of the video chats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, 

- Printed all conversations ( calls and messages logs ) from all Social Networks that me and my fiancée used together

- Printed the videos we made for each other

- Printed our pictures ( writes the place, time, date we were together  and have a short description about that day ) 

- The airplane tickets that my fiancée visited me

- All the bills we used when hanging out w/ 

- Engagement Images, Ring image ( of course, I have to wear it in my Interview )

- All gift bills and Transfer Money Invoices of both

- All the Emails and Letters 

prepare all things you guys think that can help you pass your interview! ^^ 

Perhaps, Embassy doesn't see it, however, that make you be safety! 

In my interview, Embassy just decided me to let them saw Our Pictures together^^ cause they asked me Where did my fiancée and me visit when she was in Vietnam! ( this is the question for Evidence Of Relationship ) and Did my parents met her parents yet? That is it! ( cause I have an images of Me and her parents ) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UsaBound82 said:

ok thanks. i have a few questions on that.....i dont have hotel receipts, he stayed with me, the photos are all digital, so would i need to get photo printer paper and print them out or do you think a powerpoint slide would be enough? i have written on the bottom of each photo the date, where we were and who was in them. we never used landline to call we always call video chats on Facebook,etc. i have made sure in the facebook messages it says the records of the video chats. 

Yes you will have to print out the photos, I don't think there is a way for them to see them digitally. I personally printed photos with events such as when I proposed to my fiancée, the engagement ring receipt with a photo of when I proposed. Also the airplane tickets/stubs and his passport visa entry stamp is perfect evidence of meeting in the past 2 years. You guys have met in person within the past 2 years right?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, javadown2 said:

Yes you will have to print out the photos, I don't think there is a way for them to see them digitally. I personally printed photos with events such as when I proposed to my fiancée, the engagement ring receipt with a photo of when I proposed. Also the airplane tickets/stubs and his passport visa entry stamp is perfect evidence of meeting in the past 2 years. You guys have met in person within the past 2 years right?

yes he was out here april 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All they want is proof of meeting at least once in 2 years. I Printed off one conversation of us talking about Marriage. The rest was his credit card records and my credit card records to prove we were in the same zip code/places at the same time.

 

A picture of us out at a famous lighthouse (both of us had made purchases around the location of the lighthouse on the date the picture was taken). A picture of us out to dinner with our close friends and again our credit card receipts from that dinner or things we did together in that town around the time the picture was taken. 

 

I read those are the things that are really concrete that they are looking for. I had no issues with our approval :)

 

Then of course flights, passports and the more general things. 

 

 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

 

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AshMarty said:

All they want is proof of meeting at least once in 2 years. I Printed off one conversation of us talking about Marriage. The rest was his credit card records and my credit card records to prove we were in the same zip code/places at the same time.

 

A picture of us out at a famous lighthouse (both of us had made purchases around the location of the lighthouse on the date the picture was taken). A picture of us out to dinner with our close friends and again our credit card receipts from that dinner or things we did together in that town around the time the picture was taken. 

 

I read those are the things that are really concrete that they are looking for. I had no issues with our approval :)

 

Then of course flights, passports and the more general things. 

 

 

Please no-one take offence to this but I am so glad to hear from an Aussie......thank you........ :D It's always good to hear from someone who has gone through the exact same way you will be as I'm sure its different from country to country.

 

AshMarty can I please pm you? to ask you a few questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UsaBound82 said:

Please no-one take offence to this but I am so glad to hear from an Aussie......thank you........ :D It's always good to hear from someone who has gone through the exact same way you will be as I'm sure its different from country to country.

 

AshMarty can I please pm you? to ask you a few questions?

 

Hi Usabound82, 

 

 I am the American and my fiance is the Aussie.

 

For the I-129 petition, which is what you are discussing, everyone starts out with the same process.

 

It goes to Dallas, Tx they receive it and send a receipt number. It will likely go to California after that, which is where your I-129 petition with need to be approved (or you will be requested to send further evidence, RFE). Once approved, it will be sent to New Hampshire to the NVC which is where you will receive a NVC number and at that point it will be sent to the consulate that is closest to you in Australia, for my fiance that is Sydney (I am actually going to be in Australia visiting him when he goes in for the interview at the end of this month). 

 

Once it leaves the NVC and goes to the consulate, that is where people might have different experiences. 

 

Feel free to contact me: For the proof of meeting and the I-129 petition. Here is the link many people have successfully used on Visajourney: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide - At this point they are more interested in your meeting then you proving you have a relationship. So you need concrete proof you were together at some point in the past 2 years. Credit Card reports have time stamps and locations, so that is why I chose to use them to supplement the passports, pictures, and airline tickets. Like i said I only used one or two small conversations. One about my fiance fixing something in my house when he was visiting me and one with us discussing wedding plans.  

 

Here is what I have noticed most people get stuck up on when discussing on Forums: 

* Not sending in all the information about the website they met on 

* If they were married before; not sending proof of divorce

* If they have a criminal background - not sending in appropriate paperwork 

 

My fiance and I were never married before, we met when he was living in Maryland, and neither of us have a criminal background so ours was pretty straight forward. If you follow the directions on the forms carefully it will be a smooth process. 

 

 

Feel free to contact me with any questions. We are just waiting for 1/31/2017 for his interview now. I arrive to visit him the day before :)

 

 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

 

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AshMarty said:

 

Hi Usabound82, 

 

 I am the American and my fiance is the Aussie.

 

For the I-129 petition, which is what you are discussing, everyone starts out with the same process.

 

It goes to Dallas, Tx they receive it and send a receipt number. It will likely go to California after that, which is where your I-129 petition with need to be approved (or you will be requested to send further evidence, RFE). Once approved, it will be sent to New Hampshire to the NVC which is where you will receive a NVC number and at that point it will be sent to the consulate that is closest to you in Australia, for my fiance that is Sydney (I am actually going to be in Australia visiting him when he goes in for the interview at the end of this month). 

 

Once it leaves the NVC and goes to the consulate, that is where people might have different experiences. 

 

Feel free to contact me: For the proof of meeting and the I-129 petition. Here is the link many people have successfully used on Visajourney: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide - At this point they are more interested in your meeting then you proving you have a relationship. So you need concrete proof you were together at some point in the past 2 years. Credit Card reports have time stamps and locations, so that is why I chose to use them to supplement the passports, pictures, and airline tickets. Like i said I only used one or two small conversations. One about my fiance fixing something in my house when he was visiting me and one with us discussing wedding plans.  

 

Here is what I have noticed most people get stuck up on when discussing on Forums: 

* Not sending in all the information about the website they met on 

* If they were married before; not sending proof of divorce

* If they have a criminal background - not sending in appropriate paperwork 

 

My fiance and I were never married before, we met when he was living in Maryland, and neither of us have a criminal background so ours was pretty straight forward. If you follow the directions on the forms carefully it will be a smooth process. 

 

 

Feel free to contact me with any questions. We are just waiting for 1/31/2017 for his interview now. I arrive to visit him the day before :)

 

 

firstly sorry for getting it mixed up. 

 

thank you for all the info. also thank you for the permission to contact you with further questions. 

 

talk to you soon. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Photos can be printed on simple copy paper with the date, location, and people wrtten on it.  Keep it simple as possible.

 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

 

Please update your profile to include what type of visa you are applying for so that your posts can be directed to the appropriate forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Photos can be printed on simple copy paper with the date, location, and people wrtten on it.  Keep it simple as possible.

 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

 

Please update your profile to include what type of visa you are applying for so that your posts can be directed to the appropriate forum.

thank you so much for the link.  that looks perfect. :D 

i will update it now. sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2017 at 2:03 AM, LionessDeon said:

Photos can be printed on simple copy paper with the date, location, and people wrtten on it.  Keep it simple as possible.

 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

 

Please update your profile to include what type of visa you are applying for so that your posts can be directed to the appropriate forum.

I am new and I cant figure out how to update my profile so all the information appears under my photo..??

 

Edit: Never mind, i found it :)

Edited by Isabella_NZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isabella_NZ said:

I am new and I cant figure out how to update my profile so all the information appears under my photo..??

 

Edit: Never mind, i found it :)

lol sorry for delay. glad you found it. :) 

 

have you sent your application yet? what stage are you at?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×