Eric-Pris

Celebrity political opinions

102 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

OH REALLLLLLLYYYYY

Her predictions didn't pan out, that's probably why she was so upset.  BHL, nothing more.  She was right about one thing though, the voter did make history.  They chose an egotistical immature buffoon with 0 political experience over a lifelong politician. 

BTW-I'm a trump supporter, but I can admit he's an immature egomaniac.  But we didn't elect him for his personality.  We elected him because he wasn't HILLARY!   (Nor Obama)

Personally, I would have objected if she had made derogatory remarks against Obama or anybody else.  It wasn't what she said, but where and when she said it.  If I want politics, I'll watch the news, not an awards show.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Difference between "should" and "can" for me

Should an actor/actress using an award for their films to address a political agenda? I don't think they SHOULD (with some exceptions).

Can they? Yes of course they can. What will happen? Some people will like it, some people will be bothered by it, some people will cry on Twitter.

The exception to the "should" for me is when someone is accepting an award for a specific film that addressed a specific issue (A historical biopic about a civil rights character or something like that). I think in that situation it is "on topic" to discuss the political issue that the movie addressed. 

1 hour ago, ready4ONE said:

Firstly it was Merryl Streeps speech, so she had every right to say what she wanted. Trump mocking a disabled reporter, video easily available, was beyond disgusting and his attempts to claim that he wasn't are so lame it is beyond comprehension that he even tried.

Second his immediate Twitter flame is part and parcel of why Donald Trump is completely unfit for the Office of President. Talk about a melting snowflake that can't stand the heat of anything short of God-like reverance! Totally took the bait and proudly showed the hook had barbs and his little bully feelings got hurt. No manly defense offered, just a little snowflake wah wah tweet.

Now for the nuance, I personally don't think Merryl Streep is a great actress, she has never been in a movie where she didn't seem like an actress woodenly playing a role. I know that she is beloved, but I just don't see it.

It appears that this thread is revealing that both Donald Trump and his supporter's are fragile melting snowflakes

who can't take criticism, but I'm sure Ms. Streep won't let my criticism of her acting ruin her day.

imagesL0RB9PU5.jpg

we can agree she is a very talented actress. We can also agree that Trump would be smart to stop responding to idiots who are butt hurt cause their corrupt candidate lost 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trump mocked a reported about his lack of memory, He did not mock a reported about his disability.

This video clip explains it for those who only get the lame stream media false version.

Edited by eieio
Mark was more on the job

27 minutes ago, eieio said:

Trump mocked a reported about his lack of memory, He did not mock a reported about his disability.

This video clip explains it for those who only get the lame stream media false version.

Sorry but without watching the 12 minute video, what is their rationalization for why he made the hand gestures? The very first 10 seconds of the video show him doing the hand gestures. 

I agree that verbally he didn't say anything specifically mocking the man's disability, but why reenact the way the guy's arms function in that scenario, if not to be insulting? 

Edited by bcking

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, eieio said:

The video offers an explanation. Doesn't mean it's correct. The Trumpologists are hard at work making excuses for every bonehead thing he says. That's the lame part. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

1 minute ago, Dakine10 said:

The video offers an explanation. Doesn't mean it's correct. The Trumpologists are hard at work making excuses for every bonehead thing he says. That's the lame part. 

What is their reasoning? Short version. Just curious. What he said wasn't what was rude to me, it was his hand gestures.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Meryl Streep can say whatever she wants.  However, didn't she just win the equivalent of Hollywood's participation award?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
Just now, bcking said:

What is their reasoning? Short version. Just curious. What he said wasn't what was rude to me, it was his hand gestures.

Basically because he uses exaggerated hand movements in other situations, to mock other people, when he gets flustered, even to describe his own mistake on one occasion. While the excuse may be plausible, I have a hard time giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who needs an excuse made up for every situation. There shouldn't be a need to rationalize everything he does. That in itself is a problem.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

Meryl Streep can say whatever she wants.  However, didn't she just win the equivalent of Hollywood's participation award?

She has won more than 10 golden globes I believe, so it's not really a "participation award". It's a "lifetime achievement" award which is more like "You've won so much, and you are kind of old now so here is another award".

Timeline

One of the tenets of modern conservatism is that free speech is only acceptable when the speaker says what you want to hear. The first amendment is under attack from all sides, but Trump is really taking it to a new level. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

In The end she is just another Butt hurt liberal, that has probally not even cut her own toenails in the last 10 years or have anyone tell her no. Not having people around you to tell you no and that agree with everything you say is probably what killed M Jackson.

On the Flip side Trump needs to rise above the Fray, and act Presidential. Attacking her and her acting skills is petty and beneath a President.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

In The end she is just another Butt hurt liberal,

Even if that was true, it's sure ironic that a guy who has been butt hurt for the last 8 years is the one to keep pointing it out. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg