b6543

K1 Conditional Approved - Sputum Test Results are needed

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our K1 Visa interview was conditionally approved. Condition and required document is Sputum Test Results are needed to be completed. 

Interview: Jan 6, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

I traveled for interview. 

We arrived at Embassy ad there were large lines. When they called the number for document check, we both walked up. I was asked if I was the petitioner and I said yes. He told me to go sit down.

While waiting we noticed and overheard some of the other people's interview questions. A few k1 applicants that were there by themselves were asked challanging and probing questions and seemed that CO may have some doubt about thier case. We were anxious. 

When our number was called, we went to window together. We were both asked to raise our hands and say that we will tell the truth. CO then proceeded to ask us both questions. I was surprised that they allowned me to saty for interview. The questions were relatively easy.

Questions for Her:

1. Can you show me your photos?
  2. How many trips has your fiance made to Vietnam?
  3. Do you have any relatives in US?
  4. How did the 2 of you meet?
  5. When did you meet in person - the first time?
  6. Were either of you married before?  Did you know that fiance was still married when you first met?
  7. When was fiance's divorce started and finalized?
  8. Do either of you have any children?
  9. What does your fiance do in US? 

Questions for Me:

1. Can I see your passport?
  2. Please show me the previous 2 Vietnam visa's and airport stamps?

CO then said, you need to bring the Medical exam test results and then you will get visa. He said all your paper work is in order. After interview, CEAC status changed to Administraive processing.

My fiance's medical exam had found something on lung x-ray. She was asked to do Sputum test, which she started. Sputum test takes 2 months to compete. We wen ahead and did the interview before the final Sputum test results are available.  

Think that me being there at Embassy fro interview helped. All our paperwork was very detailed and we had submitted a very complete set of documents. I thought that CO and interview questions were fair. 

Thanks for all help from VJ and members.  

Now we are just waiting for visa after Sputum test results.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations! Your questions sound almost the same as my fiancee's a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if it was the same CO - tall, youngish Caucasian male? Anyway, glad it went well. Bet you're relieved!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations!

And thanks for the post, this is extremely helpful ?

03/03/16...We met on Tinder while I was on vacation in Vietnam xD

08/08/16....We got engaged.

10/15/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/18/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Received

10/20/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email, Case sent to CSC

02/07/17....NOA2...Finally!

03/30/17....Passed her interview! 

04/07/17....Visa in hand 

05/12/17....Arrived in the USA!!

05/24/17....Married!

07/10/17....Sent AoS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/13/17....AoS Received date for NoA1

07/18/17....AoS Notice date for NoA1

07/26/17....1st Biometrics appt letter received date

08/04/17....2nd Biometrics appt letter received date 

08/07/17....Both Biometric appointments completed

10/29/17....I-766 Issued

06/27/18....Original AoS interview date scheduled for this day but we had to reschedule it.

08/21/18....2nd AoS interview date scheduled for this day but we had to reschedule it, again.

10/10/18....AoS interview - Easily passed

10/11/18...Date of I-797 NoA "Welcome to the USA" letter

10/11/18...."New Card Is Being Produced"

10/15/18...."Card Was Mailed To Me"

10/18/18....Green card delivered to our mailbox :D

07/16/20....I-751, RoC packet sent to USCIS

07/21/21....Filed for N-400

08/04/21....N-400 Accepted

02/24/22....Citizenship Interview, passed

03/18/22....Oath Ceremony to be a US Citizen!!!!! :D!

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 6:43 AM, b6543 said:

Our K1 Visa interview was conditionally approved. Condition and required document is Sputum Test Results are needed to be completed. 

Interview: Jan 6, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

I traveled for interview. 

We arrived at Embassy ad there were large lines. When they called the number for document check, we both walked up. I was asked if I was the petitioner and I said yes. He told me to go sit down.

While waiting we noticed and overheard some of the other people's interview questions. A few k1 applicants that were there by themselves were asked challanging and probing questions and seemed that CO may have some doubt about thier case. We were anxious. 

When our number was called, we went to window together. We were both asked to raise our hands and say that we will tell the truth. CO then proceeded to ask us both questions. I was surprised that they allowned me to saty for interview. The questions were relatively easy.

Questions for Her:

1. Can you show me your photos?
  2. How many trips has your fiance made to Vietnam?
  3. Do you have any relatives in US?
  4. How did the 2 of you meet?
  5. When did you meet in person - the first time?
  6. Were either of you married before?  Did you know that fiance was still married when you first met?
  7. When was fiance's divorce started and finalized?
  8. Do either of you have any children?
  9. What does your fiance do in US? 

Questions for Me:

1. Can I see your passport?
  2. Please show me the previous 2 Vietnam visa's and airport stamps?

CO then said, you need to bring the Medical exam test results and then you will get visa. He said all your paper work is in order. After interview, CEAC status changed to Administraive processing.

My fiance's medical exam had found something on lung x-ray. She was asked to do Sputum test, which she started. Sputum test takes 2 months to compete. We wen ahead and did the interview before the final Sputum test results are available.  

Think that me being there at Embassy fro interview helped. All our paperwork was very detailed and we had submitted a very complete set of documents. I thought that CO and interview questions were fair. 

Thanks for all help from VJ and members.  

Now we are just waiting for visa after Sputum test results.

Can you please let me know if we need to translate civil record no 2 (ly lich tu phap 2)? I understand we have to translate birth certificate, how about other documents? I'd greatly appreciate your response.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

@NancyNguyen 

Birth certificate should be translated. I belive some of the other documents are ok in Vietnamese.

Please see:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visas-frequently-asked-questions-faq/ 

I did not translate anything to English including the Birth Certificate. The package indicates that all documents in English or Vietnamese language are accepted. 

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

VJ supporters, 

Finally after long process, we received K1 visa. Wanted to report this news... Sputum test results came out fine (took 10 weeks). Medical exam test results were fine. 

Thanks to support and help from VJ community and experts.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.