Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everybody!
I'm new to this forum (I really wish I found this place sooner).
We just got the letter today from the NVC stating that all the required documents have been received and we are now in a queue for booking a time at the embassy. Is there anyone here that recently had a time booked at the embassy in Stockholm that can tell me how long you had to wait for that?
Another question, is it a good idée to book the medical exam now so it is done or do I have to wait until I have a time booked for the interview at the embassy in Stockholm?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, änglahund said:

Hi everybody!
I'm new to this forum (I really wish I found this place sooner).
We just got the letter today from the NVC stating that all the required documents have been received and we are now in a queue for booking a time at the embassy. Is there anyone here that recently had a time booked at the embassy in Stockholm that can tell me how long you had to wait for that?
Another question, is it a good idée to book the medical exam now so it is done or do I have to wait until I have a time booked for the interview at the embassy in Stockholm?

I would just get it done. The wait for interview is not that long. 

OH and welcome :)

Edited by Georgia16

Timeline
1 minute ago, Georgia16 said:

I would just get it done. The wait for interview is not that long. 

OH and welcome :)

Thank you! I will go ahead and book it and be a little preemptive. :)

Timeline

@änglahund Definitely try to book before you get the interview date, because they usually don't have appointments immediately available and its summertime...

.Also, if you don't have your medical complete about a week before your interview, they will give you a conditional fail on your interview until the medical results get to the embassy--see embassy review from @UsSwedlover and others http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Sweden&cty=&dfilter=5

We're expecting this to happen to us as well because the medical is booked so close to the interview.

Edited by swelove

Timeline
On 6/25/2017 at 6:18 PM, N-o-l-a said:

Probably depending on your reason for expedite.  Contact your senator?

Just wanted to give a special thanks to you, @N-o-l-a for prompting me to contact a senator. I did contact my senator and we were approved 2 days later. Mange tak!

Edited by swelove

Timeline
12 hours ago, swelove said:

@änglahund Definitely try to book before you get the interview date, because they usually don't have appointments immediately available and its summertime...

.Also, if you don't have your medical complete about a week before your interview, they will give you a conditional fail on your interview until the medical results get to the embassy--see embassy review from @UsSwedlover and others http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Sweden&cty=&dfilter=5

We're expecting this to happen to us as well because the medical is booked so close to the interview.

Ok, that's good to know, I will book it asap then. Thank you for your reply :) 

Timeline
19 hours ago, swelove said:

I would like to add , you need the medical complete AND sent in at the time of the interview just having done it will count for nothing. Our medical was on July 6th and we are still waiting for the results to be submitted to the embassy. I wish we would have had the medical MONTHS beforehand. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, UsSwedlover said:

I would like to add , you need the medical complete AND sent in at the time of the interview just having done it will count for nothing. Our medical was on July 6th and we are still waiting for the results to be submitted to the embassy. I wish we would have had the medical MONTHS beforehand. :(

Sure, but the validity of the visa is 6 months from the date of the medical, so you don't want to do your medical too far in advance.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

For sure, though if you are at the NVC stage it is a safe bet you'll be interviewed before 6 months in most cases. If that is a concern, wait until CC.  Personally I wish we did ours in May. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

Timeline
17 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Yes anything to avoid waiting longer than necessary. I would agree that it would be a good idea to do the medical exam when the case goes over to the NVC, since they are usually done within 11 weeks.

Timeline

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I thought I would, especially for those of you with kids.

Netflix now dubs a bunch of their American kid shows in....Norwegian!  No Danish yet, but I think it is a big step forward since they've been blocking proxies.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Oh, I take that back, some of them are available in Danish!

OMG OMG OMG

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We were approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took a week after the interview for them to get the medical results and approve the visa. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, swelove said:

We were approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took a week after the interview for them to get the medical results and approve the visa. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Congratulations! :) 

Timeline
18 hours ago, swelove said:

Congrats! :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.