HENRYROCKS

jobs

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to get them revalidated by a credential bureau in the US otherwise it has no value in the US. Employers in the US tend to find someone with "American" experience with managerial experience too. If you fail to have them revalidated, your fiance will end up getting entry-level jobs.

Timeline

I would also give you an example of where to avail one.

Such as,

http://www.wes.org/

http://www.naces.org/

As with every Filipino/Filipina fiance/spouse migrating to the US, he/she is required to undergo a pre-departure orientation seminar provided by Commission of Filipino Overseas and it is mandated by law. Your fiance will be given a guide book from the seminar that provides information on how to get your fiance on foot here in the US. Look for the section where it explains how to get your fiance's foreign/Filipino credentials revalidated and be used here in the US. Wish you and your fiance good luck in your journey!

3 hours ago, ritbo said:

You need to get them revalidated by a credential bureau in the US otherwise it has no value in the US. Employers in the US tend to find someone with "American" experience with managerial experience too. If you fail to have them revalidated, your fiance will end up getting entry-level jobs.

Plenty of ppl get qualified jobs with foreign degrees. It'll depend on a lot of things such as type and level of degree, field, additional work experiences and the types of these experiences. It is not at all a general truth that you have to use a credential bureau, not by far.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

Plenty of ppl get qualified jobs with foreign degrees. It'll depend on a lot of things such as type and level of degree, field, additional work experiences and the types of these experiences. It is not at all a general truth that you have to use a credential bureau, not by far.

If it's not the general truth, then why do credential bureaus exist in the first place. 

Let me give you an explanation why they exist though, and we are talking about foreign credentials. Jobs are competitive. There a lot of people are applying. OP here is talking about, which I'm assuming, that his fiance wants to have a job related to his fiance's field. Majority of people in the US who are applying are competing and most of them carry degrees from a US institution. So pretty much employers here in the US recognize the curriculum provided by these US colleges and the fact that the OP's fiance has a foreign degree credentials, at some point, need to be re-evaluated to have her college degrees and other certifications acquired in any foreign country be recognized here in the US. So yeah you are correct in saying that people get qualified jobs but let's not be misinformed here. Those are jobs that are unlikely related to their fields of interests and they end up getting a job not related to what they suppose to work with. These lead to the conclusion on why credential bureaus exist. They help people what they have acquired (not only the degree but their GPA's) to be equivalent in the US education system. These will help them to join in the workforce as skilled immigrants.

If they don't want to opt for a credential evaluation, they can invest and upgrade themselves by enrolling to a graduate school. But this also ends up getting their foreign degrees evaluated to. Their course descriptions too need to be re-evaluated. They can earn some certifications here. But let's not forget how competitive the job market is.

Most employers are looking for management experiences as opposed to which prestigious college they have graduated to, only when they acquire these experiences from an American employer and depending what reputation such employer has. If not, that is why credential bureaus exist in the first place.

Anyway, it's the OP's call in the end. This is entirely optional. He can have this as their contingency plan if no luck they will get.

22 minutes ago, ritbo said:

If it's not the general truth, then why do credential bureaus exist in the first place. 

Let me give you an explanation why they exist though, and we are talking about foreign credentials. Jobs are competitive. There a lot of people are applying. OP here is talking about, which I'm assuming, that his fiance wants to have a job related to his fiance's field. Majority of people in the US who are applying are competing and most of them carry degrees from a US institution. So pretty much employers here in the US recognize the curriculum provided by these US colleges and the fact that the OP's fiance has a foreign degree credentials, at some point, need to be re-evaluated to have her college degrees and other certifications acquired in any foreign country be recognized here in the US. So yeah you are correct in saying that people get qualified jobs but let's not be misinformed here. Those are jobs that are unlikely related to their fields of interests and they end up getting a job not related to what they suppose to work with. These lead to the conclusion on why credential bureaus exist. They help people what they have acquired (not only the degree but their GPA's) to be equivalent in the US education system. These will help them to join in the workforce as skilled immigrants.

If they don't want to opt for a credential evaluation, they can invest and upgrade themselves by enrolling to a graduate school. But this also ends up getting their foreign degrees evaluated to. Their course descriptions too need to be re-evaluated. They can earn some certifications here. But let's not forget how competitive the job market is.

Most employers are looking for management experiences as opposed to which prestigious college they have graduated to, only when they acquire these experiences from an American employer and depending what reputation such employer has. If not, that is why credential bureaus exist in the first place.

Anyway, it's the OP's call in the end. This is entirely optional. He can have this as their contingency plan if no luck they will get.

Credential bureaus are mainly used when ppl are in a field where such things as certifications are required or when ppl want to go to a school in the US to translate their qualifications to a US equivalent to determine what courses they need to take and are lacking. I really don't need you to "explain" things to me but thank you for your offered opinion. 

The ppl I personally know in  MY field and with similar work experiences to mine, have gotten qualified work WITHIN  their field. Which is part of why I'm letting the OP know that he needs to research his fiancés specifics b4 throwing out money that he MIGHT not need. 

I did the research for MY circumstances and I know I don't need that. But I don't claim to know this for the OP's fiancés field and experiences, as shouldn't you for others.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

giphy.gif

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

You are 100% correct

Timeline
30 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

The exist to make money.  I could start a Credential Evaluation tomorrow if I wanted.

Duhhh, what do you expect them to be free? It has a price to do their own work on retrieving university records on behalf, do background checks, and other necessary administrative work. So if you don't want to start your own credential evaluation, then do so as you please but there's no necessary to shove them down to my throat.

On a side note, I didn't expect this to be a some kind of a debate because my only intent was to help the OP according to what I've experienced (not even affiliated to any credential bureaus) and now there are some guys here who wanna test their logic and know-it-alls and if this is how VisaJourney is going to be, then so be it. It's becoming the worst anyway, not gonna offend the others who are legitimate smart and humble ones. It's just unfortunate that it is mixed with users who have lack of class and who are free to poison most threads with such unnecessary- biased opinions, no matter what kind of member they are, platinum or whatever doesn't make any difference. Peace to all, not gonna reply to this thread from now on. I hope I contributed enough to help the OP weighing his options carefully and in deciding not to is up to him.

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, ritbo said:

Duhhh, what do you expect them to be free? It has a price to do their own work on retrieving university records on behalf, do background checks, and other necessary administrative work.

I going to assume you have never done a Credential Evaluation process.  You sure seem to lack knowledge of how they work.

The one I am familiar with for getting your college Degree evaluated for the Texas Board of Nursing from a school in Philippines.

You request your own transcripts and have them send them to the CE place in USA.  Background checks are done thru IDENTI/GO and you go to various location in Texas and pay there for your finger prints and back ground checks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Us work experience is the main factor in applying and getting a job, especially in business. What area of business is she interested in? 

6 hours ago, ritbo said:

Duhhh, what do you expect them to be free? It has a price to do their own work on retrieving university records on behalf, do background checks, and other necessary administrative work. So if you don't want to start your own credential evaluation, then do so as you please but there's no necessary to shove them down to my throat.

On a side note, I didn't expect this to be a some kind of a debate because my only intent was to help the OP according to what I've experienced (not even affiliated to any credential bureaus) and now there are some guys here who wanna test their logic and know-it-alls and if this is how VisaJourney is going to be, then so be it. It's becoming the worst anyway, not gonna offend the others who are legitimate smart and humble ones. It's just unfortunate that it is mixed with users who have lack of class and who are free to poison most threads with such unnecessary- biased opinions, no matter what kind of member they are, platinum or whatever doesn't make any difference. Peace to all, not gonna reply to this thread from now on. I hope I contributed enough to help the OP weighing his options carefully and in deciding not to is up to him.

I don't know why this about member status, lack of class, biased opinions and such. You started out saying:

"You need to get them revalidated by a credential bureau in the US otherwise it has no value in the US." 

Basically saying that all foreign degrees are worthless in the US without a credit beurau. That's not the experience of many here on VJ, so ofc the OP should be informed of that. Sometimes these validations will be useful and sometimes they will be a waste of money. Idk how you feel that that's a biased opinion. No one is trying to debate you, but just offering their own knowledge and experience which happened to not be the same as yours. I've learned so much from other VJ members offering their experiences, so I try to do the same.

I'm sorry that you felt this had something to do with "testing a logic" or anything else and I hope you continue to share your opinions for others benefit here on VJ. 

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

giphy.gif

On 1/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, ritbo said:

I would also give you an example of where to avail one.

Such as,

http://www.wes.org/

http://www.naces.org/

As with every Filipino/Filipina fiance/spouse migrating to the US, he/she is required to undergo a pre-departure orientation seminar provided by Commission of Filipino Overseas and it is mandated by law. Your fiance will be given a guide book from the seminar that provides information on how to get your fiance on foot here in the US. Look for the section where it explains how to get your fiance's foreign/Filipino credentials revalidated and be used here in the US. Wish you and your fiance good luck in your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.