BuckMaster

Hong Kong Divorce for Filipino

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I took Hank's advice and submitted my fiancé petition in September with her Singapore divorce. We are now waiting for the NOA2 and praying for fast processing. We will still file for annulment so that we can go back to her hometown in Bohol and not be worried about being harassed by her ex husband and we can buy a house for retirement. She is staying out of the Philippines until after the annulment because we are not sure they will give her a cfo stamp even though she will have USA k1 visa. Her cemar at the moment will still say she is married to a Filipino... have heard nothing definitive about the cfo stamp and cfo is not giving me clear answers on that, have emailed them twice but they just talk in circles so we don't trust them and figure it best she steers clear until annulment is final

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mackdaddy66 said:

I took Hank's advice and submitted my fiancé petition in September with her Singapore divorce. We are now waiting for the NOA2 and praying for fast processing. We will still file for annulment so that we can go back to her hometown in Bohol and not be worried about being harassed by her ex husband and we can buy a house for retirement. She is staying out of the Philippines until after the annulment because we are not sure they will give her a cfo stamp even though she will have USA k1 visa. Her cemar at the moment will still say she is married to a Filipino... have heard nothing definitive about the cfo stamp and cfo is not giving me clear answers on that, have emailed them twice but they just talk in circles so we don't trust them and figure it best she steers clear until annulment is final

There should be no issues with CFO ...   I know of a fair number that had foreign divorces, yet still "married" in the Philippines and had zero issues with CFO

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank thank you again for your reply..i married twice because his annulment that time is on process and that lawyer that we get...its his idea to get marry coz he think that we just want to get married..of course we also want to get marry that time...so he told us...actually your annulment is almost done just get marry now...so we also think we get the annulment right after that...but we still have to wait for more months to come out..but actually the most important for us that time is to get that annulment papers because we have to show that to the immigration here so we can get marry here..by that time i got my kids and they only gave us consideration to stay here because of the 2 kids..so all we have to do is to submit the annulment so we can get marry here and he can give me a wife dependant visa ..thats why we git married twice

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

Hank thank you again for your reply..i married twice because his annulment that time is on process and that lawyer that we get...its his idea to get marry coz he think that we just want to get married..of course we also want to get marry that time...so he told us...actually your annulment is almost done just get marry now...so we also think we get the annulment right after that...but we still have to wait for more months to come out..but actually the most important for us that time is to get that annulment papers because we have to show that to the immigration here so we can get marry here..by that time i got my kids and they only gave us consideration to stay here because of the 2 kids..so all we have to do is to submit the annulment so we can get marry here and he can give me a wife dependant visa ..thats why we git married twice

Ah he was not free to marry when you married the first time .. big oops.     

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah he was not free to marry when you married the first time .. big oops.     

I knew it wasn't so clean a fact patern 

YMMV

Oh yes guys ..complicated....i just came up to the conclusion that who knows our marriage is just fake..so to make sure and really hoping that we really dont have a record i ask my niece to check to the PSA but unfortunately...we do have a record..thats why it makes me...so confuse how to fix that..the things that i mention all here at the beginning..2 times married with the same guy..but as far as i know...its more easy to divorce here..and thats bother me about philippines marriage..coz i know its a long process there and very expensive too

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

Oh yes guys ..complicated....i just came up to the conclusion that who knows our marriage is just fake..so to make sure and really hoping that we really dont have a record i ask my niece to check to the PSA but unfortunately...we do have a record..thats why it makes me...so confuse how to fix that..the things that i mention all here at the beginning..2 times married with the same guy..but as far as i know...its more easy to divorce here..and thats bother me about philippines marriage..coz i know its a long process there and very expensive too

The problem here is that your marriage in HK is the "fake" one.  What people don't understand is that a marriage in any country is recognized by every country.   Your second marriage in HK is invalid because neither of you were legally free to marry.   When you got the divorce,  does your decree only reference the HK marriage? You need to get a divorce decree that terminates your Philippines marriage which can be done in HK as well

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

You are divorcing the person ...    Now I don't know the procedure in HK but the divorce decrees I have seen from the States list the two parties to the divorce .. no reference to a marriage certificate.   If HK is the same, you are good to .. you are divorced from the person, no matter where the marriage (s) took place.

Embassy will not ask for copies of previous marriage certificates, but they do want a copy of the divorce decree.        

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are divorcing the person ...    Now I don't know the procedure in HK but the divorce decrees I have seen from the States list the two parties to the divorce .. no reference to a marriage certificate.   If HK is the same, you are good to .. you are divorced from the person, no matter where the marriage (s) took place.

Embassy will not ask for copies of previous marriage certificates, but they do want a copy of the divorce decree.        

My divorce decree specifies the exact date and location (city, county, state) of the marriage.   The divorce decree from HK needs to be reviewed thoroughly for any specifics

YMMV

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, Hank_ said:

Hi Frank, to my amaze Singapore embassy did ask copies of wedding certificates, and of course court certified copies of divorce, was no big deal just unexpected to see that on the requested documents... Long story short... Fiancée visa approved yesterday with no problem.... Fullerton is slow so she got rfe for medical... said they will send her passport with visa after Fullerton gets medical to them....with your advice we did what many say is impossible and I thank you for steering us in the right direction 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. Please start a new thread if you have a question~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.