Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,589 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Klitt3rJ said:

Really? I thought you couldn't go there unless you had an appointment already. Did he pay there as well?  

The parish he lives in you can walk in .. you pay them 3 or 4,000 and they complete everything for you ds160 , package 3 and 4 ,medical & interview appointment 

My fiancé had his interview today, June 26 and he was at the Manila embassy for roughly 3 hours. There were only 3 questions the immigration officer asked him. I was told the officer was a middle-aged Caucasian man who was intimidating but nonetheless nice and he speaks Tagalog too! His questions were:

1. So you two met while you were in nursing school. Why did your fiancé just file this petition recently when you started dating in 2002? (FYI, we broke up in 2011 after being in a long-distance relationship for 7.5 years and before DOMA was deemed unconstitutional so I did not file a petition back then, but that's another story). 

2. Where does your fiancé work?

3. Any wedding plans? (He just showed the email correspondence between me and the wedding coordinator since the wedding will be in Vegas and only my and his family will come. The emails (with the date of the wedding indicated) were our only proof that we plan to get married but he accepted it 😂).

So that's it. He will get his visa soon and I can't wait! I'm hoping everyone on this thread will get a favorable experience just like my fiancé did. This forum really helped me a lot prepare for this journey and I wanna thank everyone for your input. Good luck everyone! 

Edited by Jon&Glen
Phone was autocorrecting

7 minutes ago, Klitt3rJ said:

We did all of that! They sent us the email after I sent the ds-160 telling us to register online and schedule the appointment from the link....now I'm trying to pay and It won't let me ugh this is so annoying...

well when i initially registered there were no available interview dates and this made me unable to pay the visa fee. so maybe yours is set up the same way. when i called my embassy they told me to keep checking until i see a date which did allow me to print the payment instructions to pay the fee. so my advice: call your embassy and confirm the process and also keep checking the website multiple times throughout the day- your process may be the same as mine.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

4 minutes ago, Jon&Glen said:

My fiancé passed his interview today, June 26 and he was at the Manila embassy for roughly 3 hours. There were only 3 questions the immigration officer asked him. I was told the officer was a middle-aged Caucasian man who was intimidating but nonetheless nice and he speaks Tagalog too! His questions were:

1. So you two met while you were in nursing school. Why did your fiancé just file this petition recently when you started dating in 2002? (FYI, we broke up in 2011 after being in a long-distance relationship for 7.5 years and before DOMA was deemed unconstitutional so I did not file a petition back then, but that's another story). 

2. Where does your fiancé work?

3. Any wedding plans? (He just showed the email correspondence between me and the wedding coordinator since the wedding will be in Vegas and only my and his family will come. The emails (with the date of the wedding indicated) were our only proof that we plan to get married but he accepted it 😂).

I'm hoping everyone on this thread will get a favorable experience just like my fiancé did. This forum really helped me a lot prepare for this journey and I wanna thank everyone for your input. Good luck everyone! 

congratulations to you both! i hope the wedding is a success and lots of fun!!!! 

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

8 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

The parish he lives in you can walk in .. you pay them 3 or 4,000 and they complete everything for you ds160 , package 3 and 4 ,medical & interview appointment 

they completed his ds 160 too? hmmm but i like that approach tho- one stop shop

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Timeline
Just now, FindHerKeepHer said:

they completed his ds 160 too? hmmm but i like that approach tho- one stop shop

She completed all the forms for him online and she booked everything.. that's her job 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

Wow! Which parish if you don't mind me asking? If he can do that it would just make the process a little bit easier.

9 minutes ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

well when i initially registered there were no available interview dates and this made me unable to pay the visa fee. so maybe yours is set up the same way. when i called my embassy they told me to keep checking until i see a date which did allow me to print the payment instructions to pay the fee. so my advice: call your embassy and confirm the process and also keep checking the website multiple times throughout the day- your process may be the same as mine.

I may just have to do it this way! Thank you so much for the advice!

At least now i know i wasn't the only one going through this LOL . All he would have to do is just pay and schedule the interview i did everything else already. 

Edited by Klitt3rJ

Timeline
1 minute ago, Klitt3rJ said:

Wow! Which parish if you don't mind me asking? If he can do that it would just make the process a little bit easier.

I may just have to do it this way! Thank you so much for the advice!

At least now i know i wasn't the only one going through this LOL 

You're welcome.. cheaper than a lawyer.. st Elizabeth 

1 minute ago, LolaaBrett said:

They do the same thing in my fiancé's parish which is Hanover. He just goes to the travel/visa agency and pays the lady to fill out the forms and print them for him and help schedule his medical and interview.

They do it for any type of visa they are applying for.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

Aww my fiance is in St. Andrew....i didn't know there were separate consulate offices apart from the Embassy. I thought it was just one big thing. LOL

Timeline
Just now, Trinab80 said:

They do the same thing in my fiancé's parish which is Hanover. He just goes to the travel/visa agency and pays the lady to fill out the forms and print them for him and help schedule his medical and interview.

They do it for any type of visa they are applying for.

Ooh that's the name of the place? I called it consulate office lol.. yes better off paying someone that knows what to do rather than doing it yourself & make a mistake 

Just now, Klitt3rJ said:

Aww my fiance is in St. Andrew....i didn't know there were separate consulate offices apart from the Embassy. I thought it was just one big thing. LOL

No it's only one embassy but the place that I was speaking of is called travel agency 

Just now, LolaaBrett said:

Ooh that's the name of the place? I called it consulate office lol.. yes better off paying someone that knows what to do rather than doing it yourself & make a mistake 

I don't know the name of the place. Last year when he applied for his visitor's visa, he went to the travel agency that does all the paperwork for him all he had to do was pay a fee.

That's the same place he's going to go once it's time for him to fill out the forms. They have plenty of agencies in the local parishes that do the form for them. Many of them get it done at the internet cafes, in fact, he showed me the place that he went to the last year when I went to go visit him last month.

It's easier for them to pay someone to help them fill it out so that there's no mistakes or anything.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

I don't know the name of the place. Last year when he applied for his visitor's visa, he went to the travel agency that does all the paperwork for him all he had to do was pay a fee.

That's the same place he's going to go once it's time for him to fill out the forms. They have plenty of agencies in the local parishes that do the form for them. Many of them get it done at the internet cafes, in fact, he showed me the place that he went to the last year when I went to go visit him last month.

It's easier for them to pay someone to help them fill it out so that there's no mistakes or anything.

There's one in my fiancé parish that took people credit card information and ran off closed down her store and came to the US.. we were going to go to her but she was closed before we got the chance to go to her (thank God) 

1 minute ago, LolaaBrett said:

There's one in my fiancé parish that took people credit card information and ran off closed down her store and came to the US.. we were going to go to her but she was closed before we got the chance to go to her (thank God) 

That's so horrible. Unfortunately, there are messed up people like that.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
Just now, Trinab80 said:

That's so horrible. Unfortunately, there are messed up people like that.

He went to one further down .. we were wondering what type of business is that because originally we were supposed to send the case in December and she was closed around that time when I was there in Jamaica till now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.